Trolley Handle Replacement for KingSong 16S

One_wheeler_21

Hi guys,

I am a new member, have been riding my wheel for about 1.5 months now.

The trolley handle had been flimsy from the very first week. Last night it totally ripped off and now I am unable to use the trolley handle. 

I was wondering if anyone has any links to any replacement videos. 

I saw a replacement deal online and the number of screws included made me wonder how deep and involving a fix this might be?

Has anyone replaced their trolley handle for their KingSong 16S?

Any links to any videos would be greatly appreciated!

Keep wheeling!

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 4:28 PM, Chris Grant said:

Yeah, eWheels has the newer black handles that are much superior, but not sure who would supply Ireland?   It's fairly easy to do although you might rip an ankle guard so probably best to have a couple spares available, or be very careful removing.

So - I've definitely received the new black handles, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to install the trolleybar to the handle bar.  I would love some help.

I can successfully replace the trolley bars into the wheel unit itself - but when it comes to attaching the handle bar to the rods - something doesn't seem right.  There isn't a common hole pattern between the two trolley bars, so I only can identify (1) point of connection from handle bar to 'telescoping' trolley bar on one unit.  I feel like this might be how they differentiate a left or right bar... but I'll be damned.  Should the pieces all be identical to be universal?

Update:  Using the new black handles from eWheels - I managed to attach the trolley bars to the handle bar - although, I drilled a hole in one trolley bar to achieve the result.  Now, I'm stuck in a position where I can obviously no longer 'lock and carry' the wheel.

Ugh.  Directions with replacement parts would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris, 

Regarding the following: 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:13 PM, Chris Grant said:

I'm stuck in a position where I can obviously no longer 'lock and carry' the wheel.

The root cause of this issue is, the head of the pin popping out of the tube hole (when locking down the handlebar)  is not sticking out that hole enough to make a grip against the flat tube surface (when lifting the wheel from the locked-down handlebar). To resolve this issue,  I've followed Daryo's approach, and it worked for me: 

You may want to give it a try, but you'll want to be very patient with the whole process. It will eventually work out if you do things right, and you'll be able to lock down the handlebar so you can carry the wheel around. 

Edited by One_wheeler_21

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 2:13 PM, Chris Grant said:

Update:  Using the new black handles from eWheels - I managed to attach the trolley bars to the handle bar - although, I drilled a hole in one trolley bar to achieve the result.  Now, I'm stuck in a position where I can obviously no longer 'lock and carry' the wheel.

Ugh.  Directions with replacement parts would be nice.

Actually, this sounds like you received the new-design handle, vs the old-design handle.

For those that are in the market for a replacement rod/handle/kit, make sure to get a complete kit if you are going from the old to new style.

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am waiting for my ordered handle to arrive to Spain from Poland. I have a bad feeling that they have just gone ahead and sent me a new style handle that won't fit.

Really inconvenient to have no handle ......    

My handle broke because I was carrying up and down stairs with handle extended, and those little cheap plastic connector bits (pictured in previous post with red ring around it) snapped off.  Gotta keep it closed when it's bearing weight.