Broken Z10 Trolley Handle

Daniel Burkemper

I got a lot of use out of the trolley handle. I would use it in stores, and when it was on the stand, I could put my helmet on it. 

Any of you anti-tolley handle folks want to sell me theirs, since spare parts are not yet on the market (link me if I am wrong)?

For the record, this was my first tumble, so I wasn’t too impressed with the quality. It snapped right off and was completely retracted. 

23B8DD2A-322B-47F5-A03D-3D45047F2099.jpeg

16 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

I got a lot of use out of the trolley handle. I would use it in stores, and when it was on the stand, I could put my helmet on it. 

Any of you anti-tolley handle folks want to sell me theirs, since spare parts are not yet on the market (link me if I am wrong)?

For the record, this was my first tumble, so I wasn’t too impressed with the quality. It snapped right off and was completely retracted. 

23B8DD2A-322B-47F5-A03D-3D45047F2099.jpeg

Seems strange for it to have broken there if retracted. Mine has taken so many beatings and tumbles and so far only the lower pads have been torn. I have both the handle and the mudguard installed. My Chinese dealer said he would find out if replacement pads are available.

It was retracted while riding and from the markings, looks like it might have made a direct hit on the handle, not sure. I don’t remember how it was broken orginally. It was extended out after it fell and one of the arms was broken, with the other was bent and hanging. I snapped it off because it wouldn’t retract like that and needed it off to go home. 

That was my first fall, perhaps it fell in an unlucky manner?

This picture was taken after I disconnected the remaining peices from the bottom. It is to just show a broken handle. I have since screwed the non-functioning handle back on, so it looks like a standard trolley (will protect the handle and function as a stand).

That's really bad luck. I rolled mine 100-plus feet down a hill, including tumbling through the air, but nothing happened. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw what gets damaged when our wheel falls.

I agree, the handle is very useful. If you bought the Z10 from EWheels, Jason should be able to order one for you, but it'll probably take a couple of months to get.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I rolled mine 100-plus feet down a hill, including tumbling through the air, but nothing happened

Let me correct that for you...

I rolled @Jason McNeil's 100-plus feet down a hill, including tumbling through the air, what a hoot!   :roflmao:

It also separated two of the inset screw holes for the top section. I was able to put them back in, but not nearly as secure. I was going less than 20 in an open parking lot and it barely went 10 feet. 

I figured I’d ask to buy the part on here since it will be a few months likely, and I know there are many people very against the Z10 accessories. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 5:49 PM, Daniel Burkemper said:

It also separated two of the inset screw holes for the top section. I was able to put them back in, but not nearly as secure. I was going less than 20 in an open parking lot and it barely went 10 feet. 

I figured I’d ask to buy the part on here since it will be a few months likely, and I know there are many people very against the Z10 accessories. 

Came across this while browsing the interwebs :)

https://fundayday.com/?product=z6-z8-z10-handle-trolley-for-ninebot-one-z-series-accessories

forgive me if I was not supposed to link. just trying to help. I have no experience with this company as I don't own a Z10 (yet) but I hope this helps.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, Ziiten said:

Seems strange for it to have broken there if retracted. Mine has taken so many beatings and tumbles and so far only the lower pads have been torn. I have both the handle and the mudguard installed.

Alu profiles from which handle it is made is thin as paper, moreover - due to the specific shape of the holes being on the edge of the embossed strips - it is prone to crack -  see below. I think it is Ninebot design failure.  Next problem is that due to the handle being outside and on the back of the wheel (very different design than hidden handle in Kingsong KS16S for example) it is catching a lot of dust, and dust makes the handle to move with a lot of friction. One more issue is that the balls used as locking mechanisms are rusting, which makes movement even more difficult and noisy. 

I am open for the suggestions what to use to make the handle move better - for now I am experimenting with graphite -  just from B2 pencil...    I think use of any liquid grease will make the situation worse as with dust it will quickly create sticky dusty blocking mess.

handle-cracks-small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The same problem appears on my handle too. 

I fix the plastic guide / stopper to the alu profile with two component epoxy glue . The point is to prevent the plastic part to go out from the profile. Probably I have to fix all connections. 

On 10/14/2018 at 6:14 PM, Ch.Eng.62 said:

I fix the plastic guide / stopper to the alu profile with two component epoxy glue

Can You please confirm which epoxy You have used?  Material from which stoppers are made is probably polietylen or similar material which may not glue well. For now I have used thin double sided tape to secure plastic parts into the aluminium profiles - it works for now OK.... 

On 10/16/2018 at 3:37 AM, Lukasz said:

Can You please confirm which epoxy You have used?  Material from which stoppers are made is probably polietylen or similar material which may not glue well. For now I have used thin double sided tape to secure plastic parts into the aluminium profiles - it works for now OK.... 

The material of the plastic part was the reason I choose two component epoxy. It is BISON EPOXY REPAIR UNIVERSAL. It was available in my home. 

When the plastic part is a half way inserted in the alu profile (but covering the square "windows" in the profile), I put a small ball in each "window" and fixing the balls with fingers continue inserting the plastic part to the end.

Sorry for the poor explanation, some words are missing in my English, but I hope you can imagine what I mean. 

So far I did not get the positive feedback from NB... so i had to address the issue myself. Repairing handle is not easy as there is not enough space to fit any additional material on the profile as it will not fit into the larger profile.  Weakest is second section in my opinion. I have used relatively simple method used widely by model builders - thin strong string + crazy glue to create some kind of laminate. String must be winded evenly also in the space between edge of the aluminum profile and the plastic slider - this is in order to fix the string.  Final laminate can be painted black with permanent marker. Bottom plastic slider edge can be very slightly cut to allow the wider part to fit well.

20181020_215410-cracks-small.jpg

20181021_005607-string-small.jpg

20181021_022514-repaired.jpg

16 hours ago, Steve Persona said:

I know Im acting childish but check out the related products on that link , whats up with that ? 

I just see other z10 parts.. i think it might work on what you have searched for previously.. why, whats it bringing up?? :D :D :efef77eaf5:

• 2 months later...

I found replacement trolley handle (21.84€) made for a suitcase (probably from the same maker)from Ali. 

Only the outermost rod is missing. The problem is that, in my case,  it's slight deformation is the cause for the troubles.

22 hours ago, Nic said:

There seems to be an improved Z10 Trolley Handle...

Can you provide information where you purchased this? My Trolley took a few hits and is can only extend about 50% of the length before it jams. I've fixed it so many times I just want to buy a new one. I would like to have a newer model. Thanks!

2 hours ago, darkflame808 said:

Can you provide information where you purchased this? My Trolley took a few hits and is can only extend about 50% of the length before it jams. I've fixed it so many times I just want to buy a new one. I would like to have a newer model. Thanks!

I just posted a video link ... you need to post your comment on you-tube so the person who made that video can respond. Just click on the you-tube text at the bottom of the video when you click play and it will open in you-tube where you can post your comment.

Archived