1.08 Firmware KS16S

wehey

So I was prompted by the app to do an update today, which I did.

When I switched the wheel back I noticed that none of the LED's are working, so I have no idea of the state of the battery charge?

Has anyone else had this issue?

2 hours ago, wehey said:

So I was prompted by the app to do an update today, which I did.

When I switched the wheel back I noticed that none of the LED's are working, so I have no idea of the state of the battery charge?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes I have the same issue. Did u manage to fix it?

19 minutes ago, kangzy said:

Have you ridden your wheel since the update??

20 minutes ago, kangzy said:

No I haven’t managed to fix it. 

It’s very strange??

I think it's in the new "EQ" light mode you are experiencing. Connect your wheels BT speakers up to some music and watch the lights bounce in time.

It's way too too rainbow for my tastes but it sure is nice not having the green battery lights coming on all the time cheapening the look of the wheel.

It looks like it's just a "feature" of the new update.

ive just played around with the settings and Light-Scape was switched off.

It seems that now if it is set to off you get no lights at all and if you want to see the battery status (displayed with LED's) you have to have the crazy light display to go with it. Personally I hate the light display and so will have to live without the battery indicator for now. 

IMG_4779.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I would have checked here before updating the firmware :angry: (1.03 > 1.08)

Who thought it could be be a cool "feature" not to be able to have access to a security information without looking like a funfair attraction ???

WHY, WHY, WHY ?

@US69 Any chance to see that fixed ?

2 hours ago, Freetzee said:

I wish I would have checked here before updating the firmware :angry: (1.03 > 1.08)

Who thought it could be be a cool "feature" not to be able to have access to a security information without looking like a funfair attraction ???

WHY, WHY, WHY ?

@US69 Any chance to see that fixed ?

Actually that was done to wishes of several other users!

It would have been better if that would have been done on a fifth light mode...but that would need app change, too!

I allready have gave this to KS as a wish/bettermaking for next versions...we will see!

3 hours ago, Fer9001 said:

My KS-16S don't beep at the alert speed settings and only get the final decelerate alert. Any can help?

After the update(s) mine started telling "please decelerate" again too - this can be turned off with the app (voice off?).

But i don't know if it beeps now - my only alert is set at 35 km/h (max) and i stop accelerating before and one feels the wheel starting to work the pedal angle (tiltback setting in?). So this could be i don't reach the beeping by this or something is messed up? But normally with voice deactivated the beeping should be on.

Got it.

With voice on no beeping.

Voice off only beeping and no decelerate voice warning.

I like to have anuncing of speed steps but with voice warning at crucial speed.

No such thing possible so I have to stick with voice on for the final warning only 

Archived