Help identifying these 2 eBay EUCs?

Tom

I saw what looks to be the same EUC on DHGate and they are selling 3 of these for just under £210 and that includes free shipping too!

It is no wonder the Uk seller on Ebay is selling them for £200 each, if he sells 3 of them, that a £400 profit for the seller.

Here's the DHGate link - http://uk.dhgate.com/product/single-wheel-auto-balancing-electric-scooter/217225676.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=keira88&utm_term=217225676&f=bm|217225676|102002-SportsOutdoorPlay|GMC|Adwords|pla|keira88|GB|102002001-BikesRide-Ons|c||&gclid=Cj0KEQjwjrqvBRD6wf2fy-C61PIBEiQAUzKQTmRBSam8WSQDPOBFS2HFs8t22zbTgkwo6oev6m8F0gQaAmVp8P8HAQ

I saw what looks to be the same EUC on DHGate and they are selling 3 of these for just under £210 and that includes free shipping too!

It is no wonder the Uk seller on Ebay is selling them for £200 each, if he sells 3 of them, that a £400 profit for the seller.

Here's the DHGate link - http://uk.dhgate.com/product/single-wheel-auto-balancing-electric-scooter/217225676.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=keira88&utm_term=217225676&f=bm|217225676|102002-SportsOutdoorPlay|GMC|Adwords|pla|keira88|GB|102002001-BikesRide-Ons|c||&gclid=Cj0KEQjwjrqvBRD6wf2fy-C61PIBEiQAUzKQTmRBSam8WSQDPOBFS2HFs8t22zbTgkwo6oev6m8F0gQaAmVp8P8HAQ

Well... that's confusing, is this seller really selling 3 for £200? I can't find anyone else matching anywhere near that price, is it for real?

Well... that's confusing, is this seller really selling 3 for £200? I can't find anyone else matching anywhere near that price, is it for real?

@Tom I've bought a lot of items from DHGate and I have not had any problems receiving my goods.

DHGate don't release payment to the seller until the buyer has received  the goods, this stops anyone getting ripped off by rouge sellers.

@popcorn The battery size is 2200mah @ 60V (I'm guessing) = 132Wh

It is cheap, it looks exactly like the first I tried, and it was loads of fun, but now the wheel feels inadequate. I purchased a model that feels the same (same motor+battery), but a bit more crappy build.

I think it is this wheel:

http://www.mywheel2014.com/product/products-7-3.html

I would think of it as a training wheel to learn... 

you can see what kind of performance you should expect from my review of similar motor and battery.

@Tom I've bought a lot of items from DHGate and I have not had any problems receiving my goods.

DHGate don't release payment to the seller until the buyer has received  the goods, this stops anyone getting ripped off by rouge sellers.

@popcorn The battery size is 2200mah @ 60V (I'm guessing) = 132Wh

Yeah I've used it lots too, but I think this is for one item not 3. Sellers on there can be very misleadingly vague in their descriptions.

It is cheap, it looks exactly like the first I tried, and it was loads of fun, but now the wheel feels inadequate. I purchased a model that feels the same (same motor+battery), but a bit more crappy build.

I think it is this wheel:

http://www.mywheel2014.com/product/products-7-3.html

I would think of it as a training wheel to learn... 

you can see what kind of performance you should expect from my review of similar motor and battery.

Thanks for the extra info! I think I'll get one to have a play with!

Fail....

Quantity: 1   Piece

The absolute cheapest I've found them (to UK) online is £130 ($197) shipped worldwide here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-14-Balance-Electric-Bicycle-The-Latest-Series-V6-Wheelbarrow-Mini-Outdoors-Intelligent-Car-Single/32458855803.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.30.tnw7z2&ws_ab_test=201407_5,201444_5,201409_5

Which is shipping from China and no battery spec is mentioned so we can assume the worst.

Fail....

I would like to think of it as not so much of a fail and more of a misunderstanding, the advert started with "x3" which I read as "three times" , I have dyslexia, so I hope you can forgive my misreading the ad. I don't like to think of myself as failure due to my disability.

Apologies for my mistake and thanks for pointing it out :) I'll make sure to redouble my efforts when reading ads like this in the future.

I would like to think of it as not so much of a fail and more of a misunderstanding, the advert started with "x3" which I read as "three times" , I have dyslexia, so I hope you can forgive my misreading the ad. I don't like to think of myself as failure due to my disability.

Apologies for my mistake and thanks for pointing it out :) I'll make sure to redouble my efforts when reading ads like this in the future.

Its a misleading description made by chinese sellers that want to mislead buyers.

Please don't ride these near people or traffic.

why?

I would like to think of it as not so much of a fail and more of a misunderstanding, the advert started with "x3" which I read as "three times"

I think the seller means it's an Airwheel X3 -clone. Not that Airwheels' seem much better than the generics ;)

These cheap units dependably turn themselves off while riding without warning. Check out this post:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/478-brands-with-without-unexpected-shutdowns-new-buyers-look-here/

Yeah that lists pretty much every EUC out there so I don't think this kinda warning is required in every thread... 

Yeah that lists pretty much every EUC out there so I don't think this kinda warning is required in every thread... 

Have you fallen down in the middle of the street yet because of an unexpected shutdown? My girlfriend did; I watched. She still has wrist pain. I had an unexpected shutdown at a fair with a brand name Airwheel X8 and the unit went flying about 20 feet. Thank god no one was injured, that time at least.

Sorry Tom, I will publicize this problem incessantly. However, I did just alter the forum post referenced above to make it clear which brands are less dangerous. Thank you for helping me make the post better. Check it out if you like!

Well, King Song, Solowheel, and Ninebot, (and possibly later IPS models) all seem safe so there is some pretty good choice right there.

Why anyone would willingly ride a wheel with a possible BMS shutdown is beyond me -- doing a faceplant at 20km/hr can be quite something... :ph34r:

Just my 2c B)

So I ended up buying the £180 one. The description says 88Wh but there was a sticker on mine saying 132Wh, I'll probably open it up soon to see what it really is soon.

I had a quick go the day it arrived and was so much scarier than I thought it would be! The next day I took it out for a proper run and got much better with balancing and mounting (I can easily mount it and start without support now), was able to go 10-20 meters without stopping, but still having trouble with steering. I'm planning on getting confident with just going forwards and speeding up/slowing down at this point.

I've got full safety gear whilst learning, helmet, wrist guards, elbow pads, shin pads but not had any falls yet, despite it being very difficult. I'm glad I went for the cheap model because this thing is getting seriously bashed up with my frequent bails and the fact that it can't go very fast means I'll be more skilled in riding/steering/balancing before being tempted to go too fast.

It's looking like my new favorite purchase and I can't wait to get good enough to use it as legit transport!

Congratulations :)

So I ended up buying the £180 one. The description says 88Wh but there was a sticker on mine saying 132Wh, I'll probably open it up soon to see what it really is soon.

After a full charge, you could probably get an idea of the battery size just by having a long ride, I can do 10/13km on my wheel, with maximum air pressure accordingly to  the tire. My wheel should be 132Wh, (the cells says 2200mAh => 2200mAh*16(cells)*3.75V=132Wh.

As other has written, I will also recommend shunting it. Luckily my wheel did cut off first time... when I was going really slow, on a transient from a step downslope to straight, and in the transition there was a bump. If not, just be ready to fall, when ready, it shouldn't be to dangerous:) as long as the wheel doesn't tumble onto onto a street with cars.

Just came in from a very successful third session, unlocked loads more things which where new to me:

• Foot positioning really affects how the device controls - as in 1cm makes a big difference (still need to find the optimal positioning and remember it!), this is the main reason I can't set off without a support very well because it takes me a while to find the accurate foot positioning
  • I learnt how to balance by tensing one leg slightly if one if my feet was slightly off-position, is this a normal way to ride or should you always just aim for perfect foot positioning?
  • Practise with riding at speed and then slowing down without having something there to grab proved helpful for improving confidence because I'd previously panic if I didn't have something to grab onto so knowing I'm able to slow down quickly made me ride calmer
  • Turning is very hit and miss, I managed by turning my upper body in the direction I wanted to turn (or just looking!) and it worked a few times but others it seems like my positioning was slightly off or unbalanced
  • Doing quicker turns or rebalancing by twisting on the spot, this is helpful for staying balanced or when I failed a turn but it scrapes the wheel and doesn't sound very good - is this something I should not do?

I surpassed my expectations for my third attempt by miles, I even went down to the tram stop and a few girls where interested so they had a go but didn't really get it, they asked if I was part of a circus. lol. Overall, I'm 100% sold on these now and I'm already starting to annoy my friends into buying them so we can ride together.

Congratulations :)

After a full charge, you could probably get an idea of the battery size just by having a long ride, I can do 10/13km on my wheel, with maximum air pressure accordingly to  the tire. My wheel should be 132Wh, (the cells says 2200mAh => 2200mAh*16(cells)*3.75V=132Wh.

As other has written, I will also recommend shunting it. Luckily my wheel did cut off first time... when I was going really slow, on a transient from a step downslope to straight, and in the transition there was a bump. If not, just be ready to fall, when ready, it shouldn't be to dangerous:) as long as the wheel doesn't tumble onto onto a street with cars.

Yeah I've been very aware of the possibility, hence the helmet and pads (I'm hoping I'll reach a point where I'm confident enough to wear slightly less gear). How can you tell the wheel has cut out, I mean what is the particular sensation you experience from the wheel? Just so I know for sure if it happens.

I surpassed my expectations for my third attempt by miles, I even went down to the tram stop and a few girls where interested so they had a go but didn't really get it, they asked if I was part of a circus. lol. Overall, I'm 100% sold on these now and I'm already starting to annoy my friends into buying them so we can ride together.

Yeah I've been very aware of the possibility, hence the helmet and pads (I'm hoping I'll reach a point where I'm confident enough to wear slightly less gear). How can you tell the wheel has cut out, I mean what is the particular sensation you experience from the wheel? Just so I know for sure if it happens.

I also had the circus part, some small choppy kid asked if this wan't the same the clowns was riding, I just said, sure, and then me :D, besides all his friends was busy trying it.

regarding the cut-out, you wan't miss it, because the device just turns off, at least in my case there was no warning.

I do experience the wheel becoming unstable and shaky when there is lo battery and I push it, now I have shunted it so it doesn't turn of, but I think I am killing the batteries, I have purchased some battery monitors that @robca mentioned here:

I haven't installed them yet since I am still wondering how to integrate them with the wheel so I can plug/unplug with ease. and still have it fairly rain prof

Archived