Jumping on EUC

Denis Kuderskiy

Hello, I've recently bought Inmotion v8 and would like to try jumping on it. What I don't understand is how can I do it.
I tried to squeeze it is tight as I can with my legs but in this position, I cannot perform a jump move.
I was trying to make pull-ups with the wheel just to see if I can hold it - I do but barely, there is definitely no room for a jump move there.
And this wheel is only 13kg, how can someone jump something like KingSong 18L or Ninebot Z10? Am I doing something wrong here?

Lets start with the disclaimer. Jumping an EUC is dangerous and can hurt you and the wheel. Heavy people should not be jumping small wheels. You can break the axle or bend the wheel or fall on your face. 

You jump by pushing down first. You use the bounce of the wheel. Don't try this at home! ( you can practice by jumping small speed bumps ) but you could get hurt! you can use the speed bump as a ramp to start off with then you will soon learn to hop over the speed bump without touching it. But you will probably crash and die. So don't do it.  Timing is important. 

Also some people use a strap to lift the wheel. 

I use surfing grip on the sides of the v5 and v10 for allow the foot grabbing. A very low jump is possible without the grip using the correct shoes. To improve your jump make more effort in the pre-jump push down to squeeze the tire against the ground before the jump. A few bounces squeezing the tire without jumping can do the necessary muscular learning of that.

The next level is use a small curb like a ramp, riding over it just in the exact timing for the jump. Then you can do jumps in ramps, little and medium rocks, roots and many others

The grip glued to the sides and top:

More jumps:

There's a very nice feeling of satisfaction when jumping up onto a small curb. I wouldn't even attempt a curb that this guy does.

I did end up in the middle of a crosswalk, twitching, after coming off at an angle then being hit by my own EUC. 

Archived