Ks16s pedal dip in turns

Flying W

Hi everyone. I've been hiding in the bushes but finally signed up to the forum. I bought a Freeman 132wh about a month ago to see if I would like it and that already snow balled into commuting to work on my week old ks. Really happy my starter EUC took all the scratches haha. 

I'm on firmware 1.08. During steady long turns at 12 to 15 mph the pedals tilt forward. I dont remember this happening on 1.07 but I also was not used to the wheel and only ride for 2 days or so on that firmware. The changes in 1.08 also didnt say anything about changes to the ride.

I calibrated the pedals 3 degrees up but this seemed to magnify the dipping. I went to work last week this way thinking I would get used to it but it was still annoying. I calibrated to level last night and it is much improved but still present. 

After searching for as much as I could find about this I noticed that some say this is normal for all EUCs and others say a calibration will fix it and to keep trying the pedal calibration. 

Mine also does this in slow tight U-turns as well. It's not bad enough to make me feel like I'm going to fall of or anything. Some posts I read sounded a lot worse than mine with people saying their toes would hit really early. 

I would also like to thank all of you for the help this forum has given me over the last few months. I dont think I would have bought the first one without this forum. I would have passed it off as another odd "kids toy" and definitely not a vehicle that could take me to work in a suit!

PS: Someone please let Mr @Hunka Hunka Burning Loveknow that there are many creams on the market now.....love doesn't need to burn anymore ?

3 hours ago, Flying W said:

I'm on firmware 1.08. During steady long turns at 12 to 15 mph the pedals tilt forward. I dont remember this happening on 1.07 but I also was not used to the wheel and only ride for 2 days or so on that firmware. The changes in 1.08 also didnt say anything about changes to the ride.

I calibrated the pedals 3 degrees up but this seemed to magnify the dipping. I went to work last week this way thinking I would get used to it but it was still annoying. I calibrated to level last night and it is much improved but

Be sure to keep the wheel perfectly vertically aligned while calibration, too!

Maybe it is "just" a not so good gyroscope at your board?

I did not hear anything of such a behaviour change from the different furmware versions - maybe @US69 knows more or has some tipps?

The standard advice is to make sure the wheel isn't tilted sideways (left-right) while doing a recalibration (not just adjusting the pedal angle, resetting what level means). Put it somewhere where it stands firmly instead of maybe just being held in place).

Ideally wheels shouldn't pedal-dip at all, and since the hardware is always the same, with a bit of luck that should be achievable with every wheel.

13 hours ago, Chriull said:

Be sure to keep the wheel perfectly vertically aligned while calibration, too!

Maybe it is "just" a not so good gyroscope at your board?

I did not hear anything of such a behaviour change from the different furmware versions - maybe @US69 knows more or has some tipps?

This has Nothing todo with Firmware....

Most important is on calibration that the Wheel is perfectly vertical aligned, exactly like Chriull says! That is the perfect Tip :-)

I did the calibration while holding it against the wall and then went on a 14 mile ride and great! Tight shoe on the ground walking speed u-turns are perfect as well as long turns at speed. 

Just in case anyone else is having the same issue, I found the balance point up against a wall. Used a level app on my phone to set the pedal angle where I want it (tilted back 2 degrees) and completed the calibration. 

Thank you guys!

Now I need more ride time,  on my ride last night I made it to mile 12 before stopping but by then I was getting wobbles at 10mph. My 3mile one way commute didn't show my leg weakness haha.

Archived