My Z10 Review

Jdestef

11 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I wonder why everybody is bitching around about the weight of the Z. To me it has only advantages. Once you get used to it, it almost replaces the gym. I have grown quite some muscle from carrying my Z around and lifting it in and out of my car. And when you ride in the city you can leave it in front of stores or put it in a coin locker, while doing your shopping. Nobody will steel it. At least here in Japan! So I don’t need a trolley handle nor a 2nd lighter wheel. It’s just a matter of positive thinking! ? 

I like the Z's weight for the reasons you mentioned. My right arm  is the one that's growing larger from lifting the beast. Maybe I should start alternating sides.  Interestingly my right arm's strength has increased to the point that I can easily toss the Z10 over my right shoulder while mounting the Mten3. ;)

8 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I read typhoon Jebi is blowing over Japan. Good to have a heavy wheel in those conditions and not get blown away so easily. Although in those car throwing wind speeds it probably won't make much difference how heavy wheel you have.

So, this guy needed a Z10?

11 minutes ago, GamingBarbecue256 said:

So, this guy needed a Z10?

It’s so irresponsible to keep your pizza store open during such a catastrophic event and have your employees risk their lives to deliver a Margarita. ?

Everyone one is different on riding skills and style.  Every wheel requires different techniques to to be efficient.  Some styles will transition better than others and riding skill plays a large part in this.  Its not the wheels fault if you can't ride slow or turn tight.  You need to realize that you need to change your technique and possibly adjust the air pressure accordingly with your weight and style of riding.

3 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Sorry! I am the fly-weight here and I don’t agree. I don’t find the Z bouncy at all, I have no difficulties going fast with it and high speed turns (once you have learned to keep the wheel upright and lean into to the turn motorbike-style) are even easier and feel safer as with any other wheel I know. It is just a matter of technique, a different technique. And most new Z10 owners here are still at the beginning of their learning curves. We talk again, once everybody has got their first 1.000 km on their Z’s. ?

I believe the complete beginner, who learns to ride an EUC with the Z might even have less difficulties, because he hasn’t acquired techniques that work fine with all other EUCs but don’t work well with the Z. And we be reading more and more reports from riders, who can’t ride their previous EUCs anymore after having ridden the Z for a couple of 100 km/miles.

How much do you weigh Toshio?  I am a small person and weigh only 130 lbs.  I will be getting the Z10 soon so I hope I can ride it like you can.

I am a total newbie and have not learned how to ride an EUC yet.  I received my Inmotion Glide 3 and the Mten3 last week but due to a busy schedule and the unavailability of the cover for the Inmotion Glide 3, I have not yet take out my 2 wheels for learning yet.  I will get the cover for the Glide 3 this week.  My Z10 is on its way from China.

Anyway, I am not sure if I should just WAIT for the Z10 and just learn from that machine or just go ahead and learn from the Glide 3.  

The Mten3 will probably be in my garage for awhile before I take it out to test it.  I did check Mten3 out by charging it and turning it on to make sure it runs.  The Glide 3 and/or the Z10 will be my priority wheel for learning.

2 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

How much do you weigh Toshio?  I am a small person and weigh only 130 lbs.  I will be getting the Z10 soon so I hope I can ride it like you can.

If I remember, that's about what he weighs, give or take a little.

Just give it time. It's a bit different than your typical EUC, as I'm sure you know by now.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's a bit different than your typical EUC, as I'm sure you know by now.

I only know from reading and watching youtube videos from you Marty and others.  In terms of experience, I know nothing since I have not even taken my 2 brand new wheels out of the house yet.  I did try to test those 2 wheels out inside the house while holding onto the side walls of my corridor inside my house.  

Like I said before, I am still waiting for the cover for the Glide 3 to arrive before I can test the wheel out.  I really hate to have EXCESSIVE scratches on the Glide 3 and Mten3 since I am a total newbie.  

In the meantime, I can just ride around with my my Onewheel XR  (whenever I have time)...... LOL.

3 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I only know from reading and watching youtube videos from you Marty and others.  In terms of experience, I know nothing since I have not even taken my 2 brand new wheels out of the house yet.  I did try to test those 2 wheels out inside the house while holding onto the side walls of my corridor inside my house.  

Like I said before, I am still waiting for the cover for the Glide 3 to arrive before I can test the wheel out.  I really hate to have EXCESSIVE scratches on the Glide 3 and Mten3 since I am a total newbie.  

In the meantime, I can just ride around with my my Onewheel XR  (whenever I have time)...... LOL.

In the beginning, you can strap the wheel to your hand with a belt to avoid scratches, but I recommend you give up the belt as soon as you feel you are able to ride a couple of  hundred yards. Holding on to the belt will distract your balance.

many good points were brought up, but I would have to agree with some that it was little premature. Thank you and all are welcome to share their opinions and it matters to all of us, some things are all about first impression and others take time. I haven't even ordered my yet...... but Im almost afraid that once I get to ride my that I would say I was wright, Nineboot z10 changed everything....... time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo ease up on the people! It's not like we have these in local stores that we could test out we have to spend $1,600 and have it shipped to us before we can even try the darn thing, some people get lucky and have them sent to him free...cough cough

2 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Yo ease up on the people! It's not like we have these in local stores that we could test out we have to spend $1,600 and have it shipped to us before we can even try the darn thing, some people get lucky and have them sent to him free...cough cough

I think we've been pretty easy on him. I enjoyed hearing what he had to say. I just think he'll probably have some different thoughts after he's put a few more miles on it.

Did someone get a free Z10 that I'm not aware of? Lucky bastard ;)

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Did someone get a free Z10 that I'm not aware of? Lucky bastard ;)

I'd like to know who dropped on a FREE Z10 too (if it ever even happened)! I'm still waiting on word of the expected arrival of mine, hopefully I'll get some good news soon.

Thanks for the review.  I find I quite strange that many folks are still on Ninebot c,e, or s for so long.  I outgrew my c+ in less than a month.  I found the speed to be too slow and the tilt back to be really unsafe, peddles too low.  If you are trying to get the same formfactor and just get a speed upgrade, the KS16S for those coming from a c, e or s is a great path to upgrade to.  I know for me when I got my KS16 just a month after getting the c+ was an eye opener.  Everything was better on it but yet felt similar.  Peddle height was higher, faster, more range, trolley handle, about the same weight.  I still keep the KS16 in my trunk for last mile stuff even though I have faster and newer wheels.  Mainly because the newer wheels are bigger and heavier.  

Archived