How To Slime a Ninebot Z10 Tire

Marty Backe

Thanks for your support. I’m not sure how to install the patch particularly in my case. As you can see on the picture the hole is not perpendicular. I put a small screw driver inside to indicate its direction. Do I have to use the roughing tool an place the patch strip in the same direction? Or I shall put perpendicularly to the tyre on top of the hole?

10 hours ago, JBoo said:

Of those options, you should really try the tire patch, it is quite easy.  You don’t make the puncture larger, the roughing tool scuffs the edges of the puncture to ensure a good bonding surface when you insert the glue coated patch strip.  I’ve put several miles on the wheel since patching, and it’s been retaining pressure just fine.

Be sure to let us know if it's holding after a 1000-miles :)

11 hours ago, Mykhailo said:

Thanks for your support. I’m not sure how to install the patch particularly in my case. As you can see on the picture the hole is not perpendicular. I put a small screw driver inside to indicate its direction. Do I have to use the roughing tool an place the patch strip in the same direction? Or I shall put perpendicularly to the tyre on top of the hole?

I can’t say for sure, but my guess is you’ll insert the tools at the same angle as the puncture.  The tire is quite tough, and you’ll probably find it difficult to do otherwise.

After 1 week and 80 km behind, I think it’s a good moment to share my experience. I tried first to fix the puncture with super glue and it seems that it worked well. I took the following steps:

1. While there was still air in the tyre, I left it with the hole up for a couple of hours to let the slime flow away from the puncture. Then I washed the hole with a 96% medical alcohol and syringe from possible dirt and traces of slime. Here you have to be careful to not inject the alcohol inside the tyre as it might not work with slime. At certain moments the alcohol was pushed away by the escaping air;

2. Next I released the air and removed the valve core. Then I put a superglue via the syringe inside along the hole and pushed the sides of the tyre against each other for about 30 sec. And the I let it dry overnight. Not sure that the last step was really necessary, but I thought that the extra time will increase the chance that the glue will do the job. And it was a Saturday evening anyway;-)

3. Next morning I pumped the tyre.

During my first ride of about  18 km the tyre maintained the pressure, same after 1 week. :)

2B8E8268-A902-4A71-A0E0-E7851571E7E9.jpeg

DAC70E72-C50C-4C9B-A505-9A6307349CD1.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 9/1/2018 at 1:33 AM, Marty Backe said:

My son rode my Z10 without much air pressure in tire. Now, I try to inflate it with a compressor. But air is leaking in a few places along the rim. I guess I have to use something to seal. Will this slime do it?

23 hours ago, EUCMania said:

My son rode my Z10 without much air pressure in tire. Now, I try to inflate it with a compressor. But air is leaking in a few places along the rim. I guess I have to use something to seal. Will this slime do it?

Are you using an air compressor? If you've lost the rim seal (which it sounds like you did) you'll need something that can put A LOT of air in the tire quickly. It's extremely difficult to accomplish this with a hand pump.

• Like 1

Be careful if you are pumping your Z10 up in the house because when/if it does the seal pop then green slime can easily splatter on the ceiling and stain your apartment. Also be really careful not to damage your valve because it can easily pop out and cause you trauma. Use the special rubber extender that Ninebot provides because if you use metal extenders you can easily pop your valve out.

Thanks @Marty Backe and @woke rider. I used an air compressor. At first, it is fine, after 5 seconds when the pressure is up to a level, I can hear air leaking from two places. Guess I have to open the Z10 cover to see the entire tire. 

I see some youtubers showing how they inflate tubeless tires. They use a rope to tighten the tire to force it contact the rim. Then inflate. It did not say using the Slime. What do you think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnTPjGs1vOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVVhlVkUwGc