EUC as a Stool

dieterGRAMS

2 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

How long can I sit stationary before this thing overheats or blows something? Should I rock back n forth or move around from time to time? 

Actually rocking back and forth is one of the most stressfull things a EUC has to handle...

So as long as you dont lean in the wheel to much, and putting force on it...sotting is no problem!

You can check by an app what amperes you are drawing to get an idea!

I wouldn't do that because there doesn't seem to be a firm connection between the axle of the wheel to the top of the wheel. From opening up my wheels, all forces on the top of the shell eventually go through tiny screws or plastic ledges. When you stand on the pedals there is a strong connection to the axle.

On the other hand I've never heard of anyone here damaging their wheel using those seat modifications.

I personally just turn off the wheel and lay it on its side, then sit on it. The downward pressure of my chubby ass goes through the circumference of the case instead of through those tiny screws.

1 hour ago, US69 said:

So as long as you dont lean in the wheel to much, and putting force on it...sotting is no problem!

You can check by an app what amperes you are drawing to get an idea!

Oh right the app! I'll keep an eye on it and report my findings. Thanks dudes 

7 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I wouldn't do that because there doesn't seem to be a firm connection between the axle of the wheel to the top of the wheel. From opening up my wheels, all forces on the top of the shell eventually go through tiny screws or plastic ledges. When you stand on the pedals there is a strong connection to the axle.

On the other hand I've never heard of anyone here damaging their wheel using those seat modifications.

I personally just turn off the wheel and lay it on its side, then sit on it. The downward pressure of my chubby ass goes through the circumference of the case instead of through those tiny screws.

That brings up an interesting question.  I've seen videos of people riding their 18" wheels while seated.  And I've wondered, are the cases really built strong enough to handle that stress, especially riding on trails or other uneven surfaces?  Or do the screw posts start to crack?

Archived