Self-Balance Issue on Ninebot Z10

kneves

2 hours ago, Kellington Neves said:

Hi All - 

My brand new Z10 came with a self-balance issue. When I turn it on, it gets balanced, but then it starts to shift down slowly.

Questions:

• Does anyone has a suggestion to solve it?
  • Is that a possible to do a hard reset in the Z10?
  • Is that possible to know when the a new firmware will be released?

Obs.:

1. I already tried to calibrate the balance using the app.
  2. The firmware is the last version available.
  3. I'm already in contact with the re-seller, but also trying to solve it by myself.

Thanks and Have a Safe Ride :)

Didnt you post on FB that you will receive a video how to fix the issue?

Not received yet or did it not help?

I would say you have a serious gyro problem! Perhaps a FW reboot will help, but i doubt it....seams like hardware to me!

• Like 2

Just now, US69 said:

Didnt you post on FB that you will receive a video how to fix the issue?

Not received yet or did it not help?

I would say you have a serious gyro problem! Perhaps a FW reboot will help, but i doubt it....seams like hardware to me!

Yes, I'm still waiting this video about how to adjust the balance from the factory engineer, they say.
I hope that they don't send me a video showing how to calibrate it using the app. Haha I was quite clear saying to them that I already tried that.
Anyway, I'm not confident that their video will fix it, but it's fair to give them a chance before sending it back.

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2018 at 1:58 PM, steve454 said:

Did you send the black box data?  It might give a clue as to what is bad.

Hi Steve,
I didn't know about the black box data until now. Thanks for that. 
I was able to catch and send it. Let's see if they send back any answer...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I replaced my control board after it fried awhile back. Most recently I’ve noticed some subtle adjustments that the unit is making. At times it feels like it’s leaning a bit forward, other times a bit back. Is this me just being hyper-aware or is there something that could cause it to become less accurate over time?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi, mine seems to have this issue too (far more advanced I fear..) after 1 year of usage (random weird calibrations like in this picture).  Any follow up on this issue ? Anyone know if I will have to change the MOS aluminium substrate or the Control board to replace the gyro sensor ? Thanks6-C24-AE9-B-A021-48-FE-8362-71-C3-D28-C8

• 3 months later...

My z10 after a year of use and +3000km on it started to lose balance and behaved similar to what was on your vids. I opened it and it had a strange "chemical" smell coming out of it and the MOS Board was sticky. I replaced the MOS board (the large one, on the bottom) but it didn't help much. I think I will try changing the control board as well.

• 2 months later...

On my last control board I had the same issue. Recalibrating the wheel could help. I experienced that in cold temperatures the gyroscope gets problems. So after a bigger temperature change I had to recalibrate the wheel.

• 1 year later...