DIY protecting armor for my KS-16S of paper mash

Fer9001

47 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The Z10 will be tricky... But I'm hoping we can give it a fair crack - Once we get one here (maybe next week) we can start working something out!

Come on big guy! If I can figure out a way to protect my Z10 so can you. :)

30954199248_5cb1345a47_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Come on big guy! If I can figure out a way to protect my Z10 so can you.

Yeah, maybe... But I'm thinking I just may not be in the same class as you?   :blink1:

37 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yeah, maybe... But I'm thinking I just may not be in the same class as you?   :blink1:

My Dali expression of art. :P

I will be interested to see how your pattern maker fabricates a protective cover for the Z. I am contemplating heat molding another silicone cover to protect mine.

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My Dali expression of art. :P

I will be interested to see how your pattern maker fabricates a protective cover for the Z. I am contemplating heat molding another silicone cover to protect mine.

We have a few ideas, but need to see exactly what sort of clearance there is at key points...

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

We have a few ideas, but need to see exactly what sort of clearance there is at key points...

I have no doubt a working prototype will be created in short order once your receive the Z10.

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

I have no doubt a working prototype will be created in short order once your receive the Z10.

Possibly... But every unit has already pre-sold. Even the one I wanted to keep as a "demo wheel"!   ;)

I should still have some access to one of the local units, but if that doesn't work out we may have to wait for the next shipment...   :(

13 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Possibly... But every unit has already pre-sold. Even the one I wanted to keep as a "demo wheel"!   ;)

I should still have some access to one of the local units, but if that doesn't work out we may have to wait for the next shipment...   :(

Time to invest in a 3D laser imager and CNC carver to create the molds. Sell a couple thousand units and you’ll break even :)

Actually that is how we create cranial bands. 

43922276515_7c07ece8d0_z.jpg

Archived