KS16S “ticking”after being charged

Christer

Is it normal that you hear a ticking/dripping sound after the wheel being charged?

At first I thought the sound came from the charger but then I realized it came from the wheel.

I’ve never noticed this before. 

Any suggestions what it is? Is it still safe to turn the wheel on and ride?

22 minutes ago, Christer said:

Is it normal that you hear a ticking/dripping sound after the wheel being charged?

At first I thought the sound came from the charger but then I realized it came from the wheel.

I’ve never noticed this before. 

Any suggestions what it is? Is it still safe to turn the wheel on and ride?

Nope, thats not normal...never heard of that.

But it shouldnt be a problem to turn the wheel on. The BMS has under and overvoltage protection and some more....

5 hours ago, Mono said:

I assume you talk about the wheel being off and still making a noise?

Yes, I think it went on for two-three hours. 

A strange dripping ,popping, bubbling sound. Not loud, I could barley hear it from 1meter away. 

I will ride it to work now in the morning. Hope everything works as it should with the wheel.

can you give some more information
- How old is your wheel?
- How Many KM's?
-When did these sound start (just bought it, first charge?)
-And what kind of charger your using.

a dripping ,popping, bubbling sound sounds alot like a leaking battery. this could mean it is getting overcharged.

3 hours ago, Rob Valley said:

can you give some more information
- How old is your wheel?
- How Many KM's?
-When did these sound start (just bought it, first charge?)
-And what kind of charger your using.

a dripping ,popping, bubbling sound sounds alot like a leaking battery. this could mean it is getting overcharged.

I bought the Wheel in April and I have ride 95km. I use the charger that comes with the EUC. I use to charge the battery when its down to 30-40%. This is the first time I notice this sound. 

5 hours ago, Christer said:

Yes, I think it went on for two-three hours. 

A strange dripping ,popping, bubbling sound. Not loud, I could barley hear it from 1meter away. 

I will ride it to work now in the morning. Hope everything works as it should with the wheel.

That's a sound my Gotway wheel produces when on. When you turn the wheel on at the place where you charged it, it has a different sound?

I Dont want to sound alarming, but if i were you i would contact the supplier ASAP

It is, like Ulf stated, not normal, i would personaly open the wheel up and try to locate the source, i mean if it is from the board, its probably just a resistor or conductor squealing (the board always has power)
If it from the battery, its either the BMS or the battery itself, in this case, buy a 20kg bag with nice sand

22 minutes ago, Christer said:

This sound is when the wheel is off.

I understand. My question was, When you turn the wheel on at the place where you charged it, it has a different sound?

7 hours ago, Mono said:

I understand. My question was, When you turn the wheel on at the place where you charged it, it has a different sound?

Idon’t know if there is any other sound. Maybe a very soft humming.

7 hours ago, Rob Valley said:

I Dont want to sound alarming, but if i were you i would contact the supplier ASAP

It is, like Ulf stated, not normal, i would personaly open the wheel up and try to locate the source, i mean if it is from the board, its probably just a resistor or conductor squealing (the board always has power)
If it from the battery, its either the BMS or the battery itself, in this case, buy a 20kg bag with nice sand

Do you think it’s dangerous to plug in the wheel and charge it again? If there is something wrong with a battery cell, can it explode or start a fire?

11 hours ago, Christer said:

Do you think it’s dangerous to plug in the wheel and charge it again? If there is something wrong with a battery cell, can it explode or start a fire?

as long as we dont know where these sounds are comming from it does not matter what i think.

if you put your ear firmly  to the pad where the battery is, can you confirm the source of the sound?

Archived