Rockwheel GT16 Battery Indicator Mod (suitable for all)

parepko

Good day to all!

182083554_1blores.jpg.dc66ba5ae22fff15d07323dafb278132.jpg

Since recently, I became a lucky owner of Rockwheel GT-16. This wheel is a dream for quick ride and all is fine. But after I had to carry the wheel on myself hoping for the last blinking led i found  that the battery indicators must be improved.

In stock these 10 led indicators that can't objectively give you battery level information. On my previous wheel Firewheel indicator showed level and percentage of battery remain.

So i decided to do same small upgrade of indication on my new Rock.

Long thought and tried where to place it. But last moment i decided to keep original design and install new indicator in place of one of the stock indicators.

I had to cut the body inside, replace the dark plexiglas with a transparent one, shorten the standard display board.

Here is my result.

Upgrade_01-lores.thumb.jpg.2ebac05dc223dee0252783e875fd1fdd.jpg

Everything took about 2-3 hours + about 3-4 $ for the indicator.
I bought it from Ali. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V24V36V48V60V72V84V/32845700146.html

I will be glad to hear your stories. Who changed something in wheels?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Shad0z said:

How exactly did you install it?

Next time when i open my GT  i will try to take a picture of it inside.

By words.... I demount led window. Expand window frame to fit indicator. Cut out from transparent plexiglass window and glue to body. Inside body. I had to divide led mainboard in two to have enough space to install indicator. It connected to main battery. I wanted the indicator to be turned on at any time, regardless of whether the wheel was turned on or not. So i install little switch opposite the power button. All inside if fixed to thermal glue sticks. That's it.

13 hours ago, parepko said:

Next time when i open my GT  i will try to take a picture of it inside.

By words.... I demount led window. Expand window frame to fit indicator. Cut out from transparent plexiglass window and glue to body. Inside body. I had to divide led mainboard in two to have enough space to install indicator. It connected to main battery. I wanted the indicator to be turned on at any time, regardless of whether the wheel was turned on or not. So i install little switch opposite the power button. All inside if fixed to thermal glue sticks. That's it.

thanks, but its where its connected on the mainboard, is it connected where the old battery connector was connected?

21 hours ago, Shad0z said:

thanks, but its where its connected on the mainboard, is it connected where the old battery connector was connected?

I connected it to battery connector directly. Not to mainboard.

Archived