Hello from Croatia

Patuljasta

Hello to everyone.

I'm 38 years old, mom of 5 kids from 6 to 20 years old. Working with 3D printers and administration. Needed something to take my mind of everyday routine for hour or two so i bought Ninebot One S2 two days ago and it's awesome. In short, needed a challenge, something different from anything i do.

It took me 4 hours to learn how to ride it. Beside blue ankle on left leg i did not have any problems :D . Only problem i have is light because only time i can ride it is late evening when is already dark outside so i need to figure out something.

I also have Ninebot ES2 and a lot of problems with it so i don't drive it that much. My son have hoverboard Xplorer Warrior and there is no way that he could make me to stand on that and ride it. It is a death board for me :D .

To my knowledge my S2 is the only one in my country :( , so you guys and girls are my database of knowledge and advice so thank you in advance ;) .

Hi Patuljasta,

Nice to se someone else from our country here, especially a lady :). Only once I met someone else riding the wheel here and that guy was from Argentina.

Congratulations on learning to ride in such a short time, most of us needed days or even weeks to get the grip of the wheel.

As steve454 suggested, for night riding get a good Li-Ion powered flashlight or bicycle light (at least 600+ lumen), which you can mount on the handle like this:

TB2AAJLfr8kpuFjy0FcXXaUhpXa_!!753424307.

Wish you lots of fun riding and pozdrav iz Zagreba ;)

Thank you for advice for light.

Xebeche it's nice to see that i'm not the only one. In the store they told me that no one is buying unicycles so this is pleasant surprise :) . Don't know how is the situation in Zagreb but in my town everyone looking me like i'm from Mars and riding a space ship :D .

Ankle guards is something i need to buy asp (yesterday i twisted my ankle) so if you have any suggestion it will be welcome.

Greetings from me as an other new user too. When I started in May this year I also had the problem with aching ankels in the beginning. What helped me much was application of so called "bumper tape" on the corresponding face of your wheel. You can purchase it on most EUC shops, in my case it was included with my Ninebot One E+. It helps a lot and by the way you can improve control of your wheel if you also apply it additionally to upper calf area. With ongoing progress it will become less important because you will be able to control the wheel without contact of named areas.

I hope this link works:

https://scooterhelden.de/zubehoer-einraeder/21-einrad-und-hoverboard-bumper-schutztape.html

14 hours ago, Patuljasta said:

Don't know how is the situation in Zagreb but in my town everyone looking me like i'm from Mars and riding a space ship :D .

Same thing here, but people are using many kinds of other personal electric vehicles (scooters, skateboards, e-bikes) around the "big" city, so EUC is probably not sticking out that much. 

14 hours ago, Patuljasta said:

Ankle guards is something i need to buy asp (yesterday i twisted my ankle) so if you have any suggestion it will be welcome.

I also thought about getting ankle guards while learning (my ankles were dark-blue in the beginning from multiple hits and bruises), but in the end solved it by simply wearing sport socks with additional pair stuffed inside them around the inner ankles. Later with more practice you just simply stop hitting the ankles with the wheel / pedals. But as other people mentioned above - wrist guards, knee guards and helmet, are necessary equipment on the wheel. Don't learn that the hard way as most of us did :).

Archived