Getting wheel data on the Z10 through bluetooth

JBoo

11 hours ago, JBoo said:

Trying to find out if there is any information out there on how to read wheel data on the Z10 through its bluetooth connection.  Thanks!

I was able to extract from the wheel an xls-file (or was it a csv) which contained some "black box" info. Should be in the app. Though I am not sure if the data is useful to a user, without some explanation of the codes.

6 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I was able to extract from the wheel an xls-file (or was it a csv) which contained some "black box" info. Should be in the app. Though I am not sure if the data is useful to a user, without some explanation of the codes.

Interesting.  Right now I'm just interested in getting current speed and battery level.  Is it pretty straightforward to just connect to the wheel over bluetooth?

9 minutes ago, JBoo said:

Interesting.  Right now I'm just interested in getting current speed and battery level.  Is it pretty straightforward to just connect to the wheel over bluetooth?

Yes, and after you have connected once the subsequent connections are fast. But for the speed and battery level you just open the app.

Just now, Ziiten said:

Yes, and after you have connected once the subsequent connections are fast. But for the speed and battery level you just open the app.

I'm actually looking to write my own Apple Watch app for when I'm riding, so I need to get the information directly from the wheel.

5 hours ago, JBoo said:

It's in the app.  What I do is carry my android smartphone in one hand and look at it whenever I want to see the speedometer.  I don't check the battery level until the end of the ride.  I thought about getting one of those smartphone armbands, but I don't ride with the app on much anymore.  If all you want to see is speed and battery level, they both show on the main screen.  

The app reads the wheel information through bluetooth.

Image result for ninebot app

Archived