Jump to content

KS18-L firmware 1.11 - lost in translations


em1barns
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Firmware changelog:

«  repair BUG »

@US69, any other hint you could possibly provide :).

 

Yeah...got lost in translations and latest communications :-(

Will find out as fast as possible!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My battery light indicator has been lost somewhere on the road from 1.09 to 1.11. The familiar green lights aren’t showing when the wheel is at a stand still now. They do otherwise work when choosing to display the light show in the app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, US69 said:

Ok, i can confirm the following for the update:

 

Yes, there is a "lock detection" as decribed above...

and:

For several customer requests, when all LED Lightring function is set to OFF, the Wheel is now completly Stealth, also not showing the green battery bar anymore on standstill.

 

uhoh, i hope i can cancer this feature..

how am i supposed to find my wheel when its dark ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, US69 said:

Ok, i can confirm the following for the update:

 

Yes, there is a "lock detection" as decribed above...

and:

For several customer requests, when all LED Lightring function is set to OFF, the Wheel is now completly Stealth, also not showing the green battery bar anymore on standstill.

 

Okay I’ll have a tinker. Got no issues with a stealth feature. Although a slightly quieter beep when doing stuff with the app would be nice! People think the fire alarm batteries need changing! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, squirt said:

You mean I no longer have to carry my screwdriver with me on my rides???  :thumbup:

Defence weapons against robbery might still be needed in some areas ?? some are easier to explain as tools at time you are stopped by police.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Defence weapons against robbery might still be needed in some areas ?? some are easier to explain as tools at time you are stopped by police.

:lol:

Luckily I have permits to conceal carry and normally ride with something more powerful than a screwdriver...  However, there is no reciprocity in DC or Maryland, so I will carry my screwdriver there.  :eff01bbbfc:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, squirt said:

:lol:

Luckily I have permits to conceal carry and normally ride with something more powerful than a screwdriver...  However, there is no reciprocity in DC or Maryland, so I will carry my screwdriver there.  :eff01bbbfc:

DC allows retired police officers/federal agents to carry concealed with permits. Not like very many in DC, or the entire DMV is complying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

DC allows retired police officers/federal agents to carry concealed with permits. Not like very many in DC, or the entire DMV is complying.

I make sure I comply in DC and Maryland.  I won't take any chances.

I did revisit the requirements for getting a DC conceal carry permit, and you really have to jump through a lot of hoops and hurdles to get it, especially if you are non-resident.  I could probably be waived on some things since I am prior military as well as NRA trained, but unlikely.

Both Maryland and DC are a pain to get conceal carry permits and they only last for 2 years versus 5 years for other states.  For now, I will just carry my screwdriver in those places.  :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, squirt said:

I make sure I comply in DC and Maryland.  I won't take any chances.

I did revisit the requirements for getting a DC conceal carry permit, and you really have to jump through a lot of hoops and hurdles to get it, especially if you are non-resident.  I could probably be waived on some things since I am prior military as well as NRA trained, but unlikely.

Both Maryland and DC are a pain to get conceal carry permits and they only last for 2 years versus 5 years for other states.  For now, I will just carry my screwdriver in those places.  :)

Yeah, for sure it is a pain, and it is definitely best not to take chances. It's been years since I have bothered. Back in the day I wanted some protection for my home in the Shaw Neighborhood. In those years I was spending a lot time at MD Small Arms in Upper Marlboro (borrowed firearm ?) getting off a pretty good amount of rounds. Slacked off because I don't own a weapon anymore - oops! I think that I just told on myself; hope MPD ain't listening ??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2018 at 10:37 AM, US69 said:

and:

For several customer requests, when all LED Lightring function is set to OFF, the Wheel is now completly Stealth, also not showing the green battery bar anymore on standstill.

 

Well done @US69 really representing us well. Thank you

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ednet92 said:

Yes good addition!

Anyone got any issue with this latest 1.11 firmware? 

Didn't like the Lighting Mode1 as it has been changed....

Now It has some period flashing purple and light yellow  and light  blue

Previously It has a nice coloured circled sequence. ...

Really wish it back as it was......:wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some people included me noticed a riduction of brightness on the front light.

11 minutes ago, zugu said:

Didn't like the Lighting Mode1 as it has been changed....

Now It has some period flashing purple and light yellow  and light  blue

Previously It has a nice coloured circled sequence. ...

Really wish it back as it was......:wub:

PS Sei di Roma? Ci conosciamo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took another cruising ride to my local Ikea again today. About 10 km both ways.

It might just be in my head or I am just more confident in the wheel, but it do feel slightly better at breaking.

Edit: well I didn't go straight back so this is my longest ride in one day. Just about 30km in total. Felt great though my feet were a bit numb when I stepped off the wheel.

Well you know my tagline by now, still got a big fat smile on my face.

Oh btw I got quite a fair amount of curious questions at the Ikea dinner. So promoting EUC once again. I ???

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I took another cruising ride to my local Ikea again today. About 10 km both ways.

It might just be in my head or I am just more confident in the wheel, but it do feel slightly better at breaking.

we have seen FW updates like this before, on other KS wheels, so it is very possible that they have updated the algorithms.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...