Music & Z10

Cegalo

After the app has created a bluetooth connection, keep the app running, go into your bluetooth settings and pair once more.. You should see another “ninebot” to pair with.. You’ll be able to play music to this ninebot after that.. Works for my iPhone X on iOS 12 beta..

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I was looking for the ideas on improvement of sound quality in Z10’s. But I couldn’t find any info neither on English forums, nor in Russian. Does anyone know the size of the speaker in z10 and if there a room for an additional one?

• 4 weeks later...

Just mount a seperate bluetooth speaker on the mudguard. This should give you the best quality and this is the safest solution (be careful adding something to the internal electronic). 

Have you tried a equalizer on your phone to adjust the sound on you wheel?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 6:28 AM, ruohki said:

I like to play forumlar one sounds or v8 engines while driving around... makes me cringe alot :D

Makes you wonder if there is an app that simulates a V8 and adjusts the tone based on GPS speed of the phone. LOL Take it a step further and add sounds of changing gears and maybe a turbo relief as well. HAHAH make the app I'll buy it! :P

10 hours ago, darkflame808 said:

Makes you wonder if there is an app that simulates a V8 and adjusts the tone based on GPS speed of the phone. LOL Take it a step further and add sounds of changing gears and maybe a turbo relief as well. HAHAH make the app I'll buy it! :P

Someone so needs to do that. Play the noise of a top fuel dragster through the wheel and film it approaching and passing. Too funny.

Or, for those steampunks amongst us, play the sound of an old steam train engine!

15 hours ago, darkflame808 said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smarty.voomvoom

Turn your car into an exotic car as you drive. 
Voom Voom, is an application which allows you to enjoy the powerful experience of driving a sports car, by simulating the engine sound of the vehicle you choose.
VoomVoom also brings a new experience with the kids mode! Have fun with your kids while driving an airplane, tractor and even a jetmobile! Share with them the VoomVoom excitement with smile on their faces.

You can choose between supercars, muscle cars, kids vehicles and more.

Plug your device to your car's audio system, using aux cable or bluetooth , and you are ready to go...

VoomVoom, uses your device sensors (Accelerometer and GPS), in order to provide you a realistic sound, while matching your real time driving.
Effects like Backfire, Gear Shift, Kick Down and various surprising sounds for kids vehicles will be activated automatically according to your driving. 

List of sports cars you can simulate with VoomVoom:
Alfa Romeo 4C
Porsche 911
Agera Koenigsegg
Dodge Challenger
Aston Martin DB9
Lamborghini Huracan
Lamborghini Spyder 

List of vehicle for the kids mode:
Airplane
Tractor
Farm Tractor
Jetmobile

Edited by stephen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Mykhailo did you get any further with the speaker on the Z10? I would really like to upgrade mine as my daughter loves listening to music when we ride (her wheel doesnt have a speaker). I have had a look and the one fitted is quite small. It sits in a specific shaped housing so if a bigger one was fitted mods would be needed but I am not worried about doing that. There are no markings on it whatsoever which doesnt help, an impedance and wattage would be very handy. I also have no idea what the capabilities are of the output either so I am starting from scratch. I may get me bro to look at it (a dab hand at electronics and rebuilds old valve amplifiers in his spare time) but it would be nice to give him at least something to go on first.

The one fitted looks like quite a nice quality item - not a cheap paper cone type but one like you would find in a small bluetooth speaker amp for your phone/computer. Because of this I am not sure there would be an upgrade for the same size but like I say, modding isnt a problem and there is some spare room to work with around the stock item. Could probably find space for a small amp board as well if needed. Theres also plenty of power available just across the other side too.

• 3 months later...

Just thought I would update this thread as I pulled apart my Z10 the other day and had a closer look at the speaker. I also measured the Ohms which was 4.1, so a 4 ohm speaker it is. I still have no idea what the rated wattage is though.

Following this closer look at the setup, I have decided to put my upgrade plans on hold for a couple of reasons: 1. the stock speaker is actually rubber sealed against the case, and 2. I believe the speaker itself is waterproof. The whole install is just too nice to muck about with tbh and I certainly would not want to jeopardise the 'waterproofness'.

I could definitely get a bigger diameter speaker about 50mm+ in there (I was shocked to find the stock one is actually only 40mm in diameter, with the edges of the cone itself only about 37mm) but it would mean grinding off the mounting legs and enlarging the hole on the case, as well as suitably sealing a replacement speaker to the case. There are also restrictions on depth (stock is about 22mm) and the benefit of all of this work would still effectively be a gamble.

I am however amazed that such a small speaker can output such a volume!

A shame because I would really like to have a go at upgrading, but I don't feel like I want to be a guinea pig on what is really a brand new wheel.