Electric Aircraft

Esper

13 minutes ago, esaj said:

I heard some pilots flying tourists in places regularly train autorotating (without the passengers or air control knowing) during the sight-seeing tours :D 

Yes your need to practice autos regularly so it becomes second nature. I never wore noise cancelling headsets when flying as I always wanted to listen to the engine in the event there was a failure. When an engine failure occurs ( I’ve had 2)  you need to respond immediately and drop the collective to maintain rotor RPMs during the descent. Those are previous seconds.

1 hour ago, esaj said:

I heard some pilots flying tourists in places regularly train autorotating (without the passengers or air control knowing) during the sight-seeing tours :D 

The Finnish Atol Avion is building a new ultralight (plane, not a chopper) in collaboration with some US company:

rovaniemi1.053.jpg

https://atol.fi/

But it's not electric, I think they tried it with an electric motor at some point. Not a cheap hobby there either:

"The current base price for an ATOL 650 LSA with standard equipment is EUR 169,000.00.
A reservation deposit, which guarantees your production slot, is EUR 5,000.00

All prices displayed exclude VAT"

Fishing has just become an expensive hobby. ? I want one for fly fishing. What kind of license do you need to fly this?

5 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Fishing has just become an expensive hobby. ? I want one for fly fishing. What kind of license do you need to fly this?

I don't know much anything about flying licenses, the page says "light sport aircraft" (LSA), which, if I understand correctly, is within the ultra-light specs in the States but not here... Better find out the more precise limits / required license yourself, as I don't know much about these things and probably they're different in different countries. :P 

Archived