Does anyone here have your child/children ride your EUC ?

SanDiegoGuy

If you have children, does any of your child know how to ride your EUC ?

I would like my kids to know how to ride one (like learning how to ride a bike) so that my children and I can ride together and have fun.

If your child/children do know how to ride, how old are they?

I’ve got 6 kids ranging from 18-8 years old.  All of them can ride EUC.  The oldest two rode a traditional unicycle before I got hooked on EUCs.  They learned the fastest.  I had the others learn on the INMOTION V3pro.  The two wheels really helped then to start.  The wider base gave them a lot more confidence.  They transitioned over to one wheel unicycles rather quickly.  I had all six riding with me the other day which was quite a sight.  It helps me justify having so many wheels ?

8 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I’ve got 6 kids ranging from 18-8 years old.  All of them can ride EUC.  The oldest two rode a traditional unicycle before I got hooked on EUCs.  They learned the fastest.  I had the others learn on the INMOTION V3pro.  The two wheels really helped then to start.  The wider base gave them a lot more confidence.  They transitioned over to one wheel unicycles rather quickly.  I had all six riding with me the other day which was quite a sight.  It helps me justify having so many wheels ?

Well I'll be darned if that wasn't the sweetest thing I've read in a while :D  Kudos, that sounds fun!
7 riders at once... all family. That's some serious Jetsons vibes or something. "Meet Sketch Jetson... His son Elroy..."  :lol:

I taught my son when he was 7 years old how to ride my old Ninebot One E+. Our family goes out on rides exploring Seattle. When my daughter is older, I plan on teaching her to ride a Segway mini pro. Until then she’s stuck with the hoverboard/cart ?

1 minute ago, Icewheel said:

Well I'll be darned if that wasn't the sweetest thing I've read in a while :D  Kudos, that sounds fun!
7 riders at once... all family. That's some serious Jetsons vibes or something. "Meet Sketch Jetson... His son Elroy..."  :lol:

Yeah,  it’s pretty funny.  There is a neighbor around the block that say “Here comes those kids from the future” ?

27 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Nice to hear.  So if my 2 kids and I learn how to ride efficiently, we can have a family of 3 strolling around the sidewalk, park, or bike lane on the EUCs.  That is something I am looking forward to.  It will not be as eye-catching as a family of 7.:-)

Anyway, when we start to ride well, my son can ride the Mten3, my daughter can use the Glide 3, and I can use the Z10.  So having 3 EUCs is not a waste of money after all :-)  Oh, my wife can use a bike LOL.  She is a dentist and no way is she going to break her wrist on the wheels.  Her hands are her "bread and butter".  LOL.

7 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Nice to hear.  So if my 2 kids and I learn how to ride efficiently, we can have a family of 3 strolling around the sidewalk, park, or bike lane on the EUCs.  That is something I am looking forward to.  It will not be as eye-catching as a family of 7.:-)

Anyway, when we start to ride well, my son can ride the Mten3, my daughter can use the Glide 3, and I can use the Z10.  So having 3 EUCs is not a waste of money after all :-)  Oh, my wife can use a bike LOL.  She is a dentist and no way is she going to break her wrist on the wheels.  Her hands are her "bread and butter".  LOL.

She can still technically break her wrist on a bike. And she can wear wrist guards when she rides an EUC.

Michael, I recognize that last name :-)

Anyway, your are right, she can still injure her wrists when riding a bike.  However,  knowing my wife, she would not take the risk of riding an EUC...…. even if she is fully geared up.  :-)

1 hour ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

My two children are riding. But they are not exactly kids. My daughter is 31 (riding Mten3 and Ninebot Z10), my son is 29 (riding Ninebot S2).

No matter how old they get, they will always be your babies ?

15 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

She can still technically break her wrist on a bike. And she can wear wrist guards when she rides an EUC.

Not sure what you mean by "technically". I literally broke my hand in the last five-or-so years once, riding a bicycle, not an EUC. And I have made much more distance on EUCs than on bicycles during this time.

My 12 year old been riding few for close to 2 yeas I believe, mcm3, acm amd now wants my mcm5 (I do let him have at times) but he wants to save for Mten ?....... my other 10 year old son, afraid of these things, go figure...

My daughter is 11. I will not teach her to ride my Ninebot One until I buy a new EUC. (Don’t tell her). She doesn’t stop trying no matter how many falls or scratches she obtains. I started to teach her to ride a non-powered unicycle but she was too good. If I continue to teach her she will be better than me. I struggled for 30 hours(months) to get to a point she has achieved without much effort. This is on a normal unicycle.

Unfortunately, If she ask for a go I can’t say no. I love my daughter and will give her everything I can give.

• 5 months later...

Another EUC convert: my 7 year old daughter.

We tried a couple of times one year ago but she wasn't very motivated. This weekend (good weather, finally!) she wanted to try again so we spend a few hours outside on Saturday where I had to hold her hand the entire time.

Then we went out on Sunday and she still needed my help to get going and feel my hand for confidence but after a while I could stop running after her and she just required assistance to start. And then she said "I want to learn to start". Wasn't really planning on doing that today since she already could ride in a straight line and make big left and right turns (which for me was enough progress for one day) , but she was so stoked she just took the EUC and learned it by herself while I was sitting somewhere on the side. 

One hour later we doing a ride together on the roads in a calm part of my village, and she was already going over speed bumps and gutters. Crazy how fast they learn.

This euc is a generic 14" with a 18 km/h top speed and a 15km/h max cruising speed (at which it beeps). Range 15km. I have a feeling I might need to replace it soon with something such as an Inmotion V5F (want to stick to 14" and not go too crazy on the speeds.)

Dad was proud today :thumbup:

My daughter is 18 months. No no, she doesn't ride it herself... I pull the trolley handle up and she sits inside and straddles the wheel. I hold the straddle and wheel her around. She loves it. She's been off roading too! 

I hope she learns to ride an EUC before she rides a bike 😉

21 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Another EUC convert: my 7 year old daughter.

We tried a couple of times one year ago but she wasn't very motivated. This weekend (good weather, finally!) she wanted to try again so we spend a few hours outside on Saturday where I had to hold her hand the entire time.

Then we went out on Sunday and she still needed my help to get going and feel my hand for confidence but after a while I could stop running after her and she just required assistance to start. And then she said "I want to learn to start". Wasn't really planning on doing that today since she already could ride in a straight line and make big left and right turns (which for me was enough progress for one day) , but she was so stoked she just took the EUC and learned it by herself while I was sitting somewhere on the side. 

One hour later we doing a ride together on the roads in a calm part of my village, and she was already going over speed bumps and gutters. Crazy how fast they learn.

This euc is a generic 14" with a 18 km/h top speed and a 15km/h max cruising speed (at which it beeps). Range 15km. I have a feeling I might need to replace it soon with something such as an Inmotion V5F (want to stick to 14" and not go too crazy on the speeds.)

Dad was proud today :thumbup:

Oh that's so cool! Congrats on being a successful teacher! I have two 7-year olds at home that are curious, I just have to learn to ride that thing myself first... 

My 12 year old son on his v10f. This hobby has allowed me to spend some real quality time with my son, he loves it just as much as I do. I am so glad that 2 Christmas’ ago he asked for a hover board. As I was scrolling through the pages on amazon looking at hover boards I came across this one wheeled thing that I’d never seen before, a Segway s2. I bought it not knowing if he would like it. 

We learned how to ride it together in his bedroom. Now a year and a half and 4 wheels later, it is our favorite pastime. I’m looking forward to many more years of riding with my son. 

F8C867D1-5AD0-4F46-8D42-630B28B630E1.jpeg

On 2/18/2019 at 3:26 AM, Ch.Eng.62 said:

Nice! 

I dream the time when I will teach my grandson. 

May be after 5 years? Now he is 2yo.

Actually you'll have to look at their height. If they are too small they can't straddle the euc easily and that makes it hard to learn. If they can sit on a 14" like you would on a Gotway Monster they are still a bit too short :D  To start they also have to balance the weight for a split second.

Archived