Stolen Dualtron 2EX in West Palm Beach Florida

mr336

Hi all

I hope this post is allowed. I bought a new Dualtron 2 EX from a South Florida dealer beginning of July. I live on a boat at the Riviera Beach Marina in Riviera Beach, Florida, USA. I had my scooter on the dock. When I went to bring it inside the boat which I usually do the scooter was gone. This happened about 1:00 in the mornin about 3 weeks ago.

We have video but its hard to tell the face. Im offering a local reward but dont expect anything to turn up since this is generally not a safe area.

Again if this post is not allowed of course delete it. If anyone has any info that would be amazing.

Cheers

Mike

You should really have kept a better eye on it. Even if the marina is gated, I still would put it away as soon as I got to the boat. I'm sorry for your loss, but this would have been easily prevented if you hadn't waited until 1 in the morning to put it away.

If it has a traceable Serial No, be sure to report it.  The suggestions to look for it for sale are good, lots of crooks now seem to have a network, and it may get sold again in a different city or state so check on-line as well as local.  Almost certainly it will get sold once privately before it appears on any listings.

24 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

If it has a traceable Serial No, be sure to report it.  The suggestions to look for it for sale are good, lots of crooks now seem to have a network, and it may get sold again in a different city or state so check on-line as well as local.  Almost certainly it will get sold once privately before it appears on any listings.

This is true. Most of the thieves in my area post up the stolen item in a friend's home for a month or two while showing pictures to all their buddies in negotiations for a drug or cash. You may not even see the scooter in the same state.

I've been very vocal in my opinion on people putting a gps tracker on anything worth over $1000. Unless it has an identifying marker, you won't be able to determine if it is your scooter or another person that they bought online. The scooters don't have a serial number as far as I've seen.

Thanks for the suggestions all. I have been checking the for sale sites and calling the pawn shops. Actually never heard of the greensheet or thrifty nickel. It really took someone with a big set of cahonas to walk down the dock to my boat which is about a 5 minute walk each way. It was def someone who targeted my scooter as opposed to a random robbery.

And I was still up on the boat when he took it. I went out 20 minutes after he snagged it and it was gone. I did buy a security camera and plan to get a few more.

I also had a GPS tracking in my Amazon basket that I was gonna buy for it.

Thanks all

Mike

Archived