Lights going the wrong way?

Systemsjedi

Hey guys. New Ninebot One rider here. Love it so far. One question. I received mine a few weeks back. Upgraded the firmware right out of the box. I went to go turn on the unit today and the lights cycle backward going forward and cycle forward going backwards. It had been completely fine until today. When I change between light modes, breathing, twins etc the lights go forward. But when I actually ride it the lights cycle the wrong way....

Anyone have this problem? Video attached.   

Thanks in advance!

mine was like this out of the box too I popped the LED ring and switched the plugs. Although this made me think about how "good" their Q.C. testing can be with a mistake like that 

Although you said your happened after the update , weird 

I simply replugged the 4 led stripes the other way around. Now they rotate in the same direction as I travel. ^_^

wow! Hahaha. Tried it and that worked. It doesn't explain why it was working correctly before, until I asked my friend if he took the light ring off when he pumped the tire. He said he did. So I blame him haha

thank you

mine was like this out of the box too I popped the LED ring and switched the plugs. Although this made me think about how "good" their Q.C. testing can be with a mistake like that 

Although you said your happened after the update , weird 

no mine didn't happen after the update. Mine just happened one day when I turned it on. But I figured it out. I let my friend borrow it and he disconnected the light ring completely when he went to go put air in the tire. He reconnected it incorrectly. 

Even though my lights seem to be going the "wrong" way (according to whom?), the brake lights work the same whether going backwards or forwards.  Going forwards, and slow down the brake lights appear in the back. Going backwards and slowing down the brake lights appear in the front.  I am unsure if the brake light test is useful as an indicator.  For me, the lights going the "wrong" way looks totally cool.  Plus, I guess I just don't care too much.  Others can see my lights only at dusk or darker..  Meh.  

I actually have mine turned off (the Atmosphere, I believe they call it) and only use mine for a battery gauge.

But I am in in the club of those that say they used to go the right way and then they started going the wrong way and I don't think it was from the firmware update.  (But I could be wrong.)

Battery gauge? How do you gauge battery? Is it the green light that lights up when you turn it on and it's stationary? Didn't know it had a battery gauge visual feature :)

Yeah, the number of green LED's indicates the percentage (100% - 50%).  When it gets to 50%-20% they change to yellow then 20% - 0% they change to red.

You have another coarse gauge on the Ninedroid App, plus you can go into the details menu of the app and see the exact % if you need to know how much juice there is really left.

Yeah, I usually use the app but I leave the LEDs gauge on in case something happens to the phone.

• 2 months later...

Archived