Is the glide 3 easy to learn as a newbie?

SanDiegoGuy

Is the glide 3 easier, compared to other EUC to learn for a person who has never ridden an EUC before?  Which EUC is the easiest to learn to ride?

I will be getiing the the Z10 and Mten3 soon and I am thinking of getting a 3rd EUC to learn to ride before I tackle the Z10 and the Mten3. 

You're lucky to be where Inmotion USA is based.  Have you checked their website?  It looks like they over training and testrides.  You should call them.  

I think most people learn on a 16 inch wheel like the glide 3, from what I've read on the forum.

https://www.myinmotion.com/pages/hollywood  https://www.myinmotion.com/pages/g3

On second look, this is mentioning Hollywood, but I'm sure I read they have their headquarters in San Diego.  :confused1:

I just ordered the Glide 3 from Jason at ewheel. 

I should have hold off on ordering the Z10.   The Z10 has already been shipped from China and it is on its way to my home.  The Z10 will probably be sitting in a box, unopen, in my garage for a few months for me to learn how to ride an euc. 

Dont forget that the z10 is a different riding style than other euc. I just read the z10 is easy to learn and diffrent in "turning" than other euc because the big tire. (Look youtube, there you can see what i mean)

I believe you dont need the glide 3 to learn. Save your money and spend it for good protection equipment.

I learned in the v8 / glide 3 and i dont believe that the z10 is harder. After a few days it will work, no matter if youre learning on glide 3 or z10

At this point, you're overthinking things it seems.

Just pick one of the many wheels you've bought now and start learning.

Same deal with trying to decide what you need out of an EUC, you simply just have to ride to know.

Spoiler

I can always let my son (12 y.o.) and my daughter (14 y.o.) learn to ride an EUC on the Glide 3.  I do not think it is a good idea for them to learn riding on the Z10 or the mten3 because they are harder to learn than the Glide 3.   I will make sure that they will wear full protection gear when trying to learn as well as in general when they are proficient in riding.  No way am I allowing my kids to ride any EUC without protective gear.

16 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I should have hold off on ordering the Z10.   The Z10 has already been shipped from China and it is on its way to my home.  The Z10 will probably be sitting in a box, unopen, in my garage for a few months for me to learn how to ride an euc. 

Not a good idea, I'm afraid.  You have to check the battery charge occasionally and don't let them discharge too much.  Plus you will want to make sure of the overall condition and operability of the wheel right away.  (make sure everything works)  ;)

14 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Not a good idea, I'm afraid.  You have to check the battery charge occasionally and don't let them discharge too much.  Plus you will want to make sure of the overall condition and operability of the wheel right away.  (make sure everything works)  ;)

You are right.  I should open the box and make sure everything works.  

By the way, what do you mean by "don't let them discharge too much"?  Do you mean I have to make sure to keep the battery at full or at least 80% charge ?

Just now, SanDiegoGuy said:

You are right.  I should open the box and make sure everything works.  

By the way, what do you mean by "don't let them discharge too much"?  Do you mean I have to make sure to keep the battery at full or at least 80% charge ?

Ninebot recommends to charge the batteries every 3 months when in storage.  Over time the batteries self discharge.  I like to keep mine around 50-70% and only charge to full the day of a ride.  

My S1 arrived with almost empty batteries, likely because of being overstock that had been sitting in a warehouse for about a year before being sold on Amazon  for a loss. $299 which is less than what the batteries cost at replacement price.  Not going to happen with the Z10, being a new model in high demand, but still good to see what charge the factory ships at and put the charger on it to make sure it charges correctly.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:34 AM, SanDiegoGuy said:

Personally I think it is a good choice. I learned to ride on an Inmotion V8 aka Glide3 in US.

Atm it is out of commission due a 30kmh crash and it got a puncture in the crash and my trolley handle got bent. I am currently waiting to get a cost offer for spare parts. 

As for learning it has taken a fair beating up to the crash. I can recommend the Inmotion cover to avoid the worst scratches during learning. 

The great part is if you do get a crack in the shell it can be fix (maybe) by using accetone as it melts the plastic briefly fusing the crack together again. The accetone runs with the crack and you need to be carefull not to use too much. Not all plastics work this way.

I made a thread in Inmotion tree about where to put rookie foam on the wheel. Feel free to have a good laugh on my behalf on my learning videos. Most seem to struggle at the start, but at some point it clicks in the brain and goes much better. 

• 2 weeks later...

I learned on a v8 as it is my first EUC.  I am a tall rider, if that matters.  A smaller machine might not fit a larger person as well...   I learned in the grass in a flat area with a gradual slope nearby.  Falls are less damaging for the wheel and the body.  Use protective gear!  Enjoy the glide.

Archived