KS18L - max. charging current

Seba

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Hi Seba, 

"next week" is long gone. :D

I know, there are more important things you have to do :)

Hahaha :D Thank you to be my reminder :) Next week will be done, I promise! :whistling:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 4:27 PM, Seba said:

Hahaha :D Thank you to be my reminder :) Next week will be done, I promise! :whistling:

....only 6 weeks until the 16X is in my hands....it's time to order the appropriate parts for the charger :efee8319ab:

-----------

Update:

Looks like you're pretty busy and driving EUC and WheelLog development are more important things than a DIY charger guide. :w00t2:

I ordered an adjustable 84V 1-5A charger from 1radwerkstatt.de with cut-off at 80% (80V), 90% (82V) or 100% (84V).

https://www.facebook.com/527048414103038/posts/1533264786814724/

So no worry about me :)

Edited by buell47

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, Seba said:

Of course I'll add detailed part list with links to Mouser online shop.

No, I bought it here - https://batteryguru.eu/en_GB/p/Battery-charger-for-Li-ion-and-Li-poly-batteries-10A-20S-72V/62

I added voltage regulation to my previous charger (the silver one from the pics above). But in this version I intentionally resigned from this feature, as:

1. it inhibits balancing process, which is especially important after few partial cycles of fast charging (typical situation when going for a longer ride),
  2. in my opinion it's much better to charge battery to full then immediately after go for a ride,after finishing store wheel without charging and charge it just before another ride.

Of course it is possible to add voltage regulation and it's not particularly hard to do.

Did they gave you a parallel cable with two Lenovo conectors at its end when you bought the 10A charger at https://shop.batteryguru.eu/en_GB/p/Battery-charger-for-Li-ion-and-Li-poly-batteries-10A-20S-72V/62 ? If not, did you arrange the cable by yourself?

Edited by Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina

On 7/18/2019 at 5:19 PM, buell47 said:

..... just hanging around :whistling: :popcorn:  :yawn:  :sleep1:

On 8/3/2019 at 8:06 AM, chrisjunlee said:

*crickets* RIP 10A DIY fast charger dream

Oh, guys, because of you I've had nightmares lately... But I hope that today for a change I will dream a decent party with a whole bunch of beautiful, naughty girls :w00t2::laughbounce2:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

74IrqaJ.jpgOne helluva big 10A charger, but works great for daily 150km trips. with 3 hrs slow touring and 2 hrs charging /food, realistically 180km in  10hrs. Then again, the myth on battery life with super fast charging. 

Edited by jaiong

14 minutes ago, jaiong said:

Then again, the myth on battery life with super fast charging. 

Very useful to charge "fast" while doing long range trips.

Luckily what is called "fast" in EUCs is generally not more that what cells specs define as "normal".

(would be nice with the option for truly fast, cell wear be damned)

Edited by null