Anybody seen this from Inmotion?

F.J. Abaya

7 hours ago, F.J. Abaya said:

[inmotion official statement]

Argh! Why does it just keep on piling on with Inmotion, can't they just leave bad enough alone?:crying:

Here is a link to a page I managed to found with some longer text on this (not linked from their own pages what I can see):

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/inmotion-official-statement-for-app-and-after-sale-service

For your reading benefit:

Dear Inmotion Customer and Distributor,

For the past couple of months, we have received lots of complain from our customers about can't get proper after-sale service. Due to buying from a non-official channel, that's why they can't get after-service from the local distributors. In order to improve the experience of after-sale service and protect the interest of customer, several survery and investigation has been made.

After weeks of endeavor and discussion, we have made a decision that buying from the non-official channel like Alibaba(Chinese Taobao), Aliexpress(Except for Inmotion Global Store) and etc, will no longer enjoy the after-sale service and the app.

The customer and distributor is the core and pillar of Inmotion Sales system and its stability. Selling to other countries without authorization will be huge damage to the development which is not as we expected.  We have zero tolerance for such behavior.

Thanks again for the constant support of our company. You can always get support by contact service@imscv.com  marketing@imscv.com

Warm regards

Inmotion Teams

Warm regards indeed. While I can't really say that I have enjoyed the after-sale service so far in any traditional sense of the word, I have of course used the app. And now, having just suffered the uncertainty resulting from the water proofing issue I'm again left in the dark - will they somehow just disable the app for users like me or what is the plan here? That doesn't sound like a smart move, but who knows. @Jeffrey Scott Will, could you please clarify how this is intended to work? Will this be for users who buy a wheel from unofficial channels going forward or what? 

(Mods: Seems like this should be moved into the Inmotion forum. Ping @Marty Backe, @esaj, @Chriull)

45 minutes ago, F.J. Abaya said:

What would happen if you buy a used wheel and the previous owner didn’t get it from an official channel? Are sh1t out of luck? 

Actually these politics as mentioned above are the same for most of the EUC brands.

So when buying a second hand wheel it always should be in question if the wheel is in warranty or not...

@Nils 

Actually nothing new for Inmotion...my guess would be like on the V8 they will do a international and china version?

On the v8 they checked -app entrance- by serialnumber and location but there always have been work arounds for the blocking...

8 minutes ago, US69 said:

@Nils 

Actually nothing new for Inmotion...my guess would be like on the V8 they will do a international and china version?

On the v8 they checked -app entrance- by serialnumber and location but there always have been work arounds for the blocking...

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that but found info in the forum after your pointer. Seems to me that it might be a better idea to clamp down on the sellers instead of your actual buyers if this is a problem, particularly considering that the official channels doesn't seem to be that well established around here in the first place. But then what do I know, I'm just an angry old man who wants to ride his wheel.

Hi, I at all today unable to login to app... Before i used it a bit, but not long time I have my V8... But with same credentials today impossible to login... While i bought it from local in my country and good for all here known internet store, which now I pushing to do some actions about it or even to moneyback.

Somehow they forgot my login info, but when i try to register again, they tell that phone already registered, while i try "forgot password" it tells that my email not registered... Kind of magical triangle... Any workarounds you guys have or i need to hack this app already? I am senior java developer and this is no big deal to me, but i hope to solve it in normal way yet :) Elsewhere i probably will hack it, take e-scooter bluetooth control and will develop simple small app. As while i tried to learn limited its speed to 12km/h, and now unable to remove it... I need just simple scv control features, nothing more. Maybe any solutions you guys already have?

5 minutes ago, Arvydas said:

I am senior java developer and this is no big deal to me, but i hope to solve it in normal way yet :) Elsewhere i probably will hack it, take e-scooter bluetooth control and will develop simple small app. As while i tried to learn limited its speed to 12km/h, and now unable to remove it... I need just simple scv control features, nothing more. Maybe any solutions you guys already have?

It's called wheellog

An almost actual version (see last couple of post in the above linked topic) is available on github: https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid

20 minutes ago, Nils said:

I'm just an angry old man who wants to ride his wheel.

We all are or will be ;-)

Fortunately, wheels do not need as much maintenance as cars or bikes.

Use DarknessBot App, no login, no BT hassle.

It find all wheels I have and give me all info I need just like that.

Don't worry, keep rolling! 

P.S.  Nils, I see you are in Sweden, PM me if you need any help.

Lets Rock'n'Roll!

It could take some time, as I do plenty of coding at work and a bit lazy to code after it :) But I limited my V8 to 12km/h speed while i tried to learn to drive it at home in apartments and now unable to remove it as issues to connect to app. I'm using another e-scooter (Defiant DF SK8") to drive to work, it just like not urgent currently for me, but anyway I trying to get my V8 working, just my needs is just to control it, i don't need statistics, tracking, logging and so on. Normally when i ride very focused on riding, and don't check anything else.

Need to try to decompile it with JD (Java Decompiler) to get official app source code and if it will be succesful, to analyze code, to find this device control & so on. Kind of reverse engineering here is needed. But I still hope to run official app, trying to communicate with support. 

Just decompiled sources, but it huge mess... 7997 source files in total, 11,2 megs if zipped... If someone wish to try it, here is not bad article. Just their app has classes.dex and classes2.dex files and both of them need to consider. Many of source code files probably are 3rd party libraries (& so on). Basically maybe possible to avoid login window, if to specify different class as startup activity, but I not tested it yet. Android APK files, basically are renamed zip files, where AndroidManifest.xml contains specified startup activity/class, which possible to change, but it slightly encoded that was harder to edit. 

On 8/23/2018 at 3:15 PM, Marcglider said:

HHMMMM  :efef27703d:  One more reason I am glad we have a Distributor like EWheels here in the US... :efefae4566:

One more reason to make sure you are buying from a reputable source if you plan on getting product support after the sale.  InMotion shouldn't feel obligated to provide free  support to people that tried to undercut their price in the first place.   

5 hours ago, Tim Koffler said:

One more reason to make sure you are buying from a reputable source if you plan on getting product support after the sale.  InMotion shouldn't feel obligated to provide free  support to people that tried to undercut their price in the first place.   

In my view you're oversimplifying things. Anyone in the US  needn't look further than eWheels for any brand of wheel, and in the InMotion case one could also buy directly from InmotionUSA. Across the pond where to buy your wheel is not as clear cut. SpeedyFeet seems good enough, but at the time I was looking to buy my V10F they were back-ordered with shipment coming in August, and summer is short enough here that waiting until August wasn't an attractive proposition. My point is that it's not always a question of price but lack of good alternatives.

At any rate, it's understandable that e.g. InmotionUSA with their limited team doesn't want to provide world-wide support for all InMotion customers. Disabling the app though? That seems just unreasonable to me. Perhaps I was naive, but when I bough the V10F I thought nothing of it and considered myself an InMotion customer. They, however, apparently do not.

I can't help contrasting this with KingSongs support and @US69's work here in the forum, which seems vastly better. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I haven't heard of them messing with people because they bought the wheel in the wrong way - instead they seem set on helping out any customer. So, one up for KS when I consider my next wheel, and a black mark for InMotion.

7 hours ago, Tim Koffler said:

InMotion is obligated to provide guaranties that producers of goods must provide, irrespectively of the price for which the end user bought the product. They are not obligated to release their wheel from the factory, of course.

2 hours ago, Nils said:

At any rate, it's understandable that e.g. InmotionUSA with their limited team doesn't want to provide world-wide support for all InMotion customers. Disabling the app though? That seems just unreasonable to me. Perhaps I was naive, but when I bough the V10F I thought nothing of it and considered myself an InMotion customer. They, however, apparently do not.

Has this app Blocking allready happend? 

I was not sure why a company would do this kind of thing and it was a bit disturbing when I first read about it... When I mentioned it to another member on the forum, he gave me a little insight into a possibility why. I am not defending or agreeing with them, I am not interested in any of their wheels at the moment, I am just writing this as I was not aware of this.

He is big into radio controlled stuff. It appears that some or many of the companies have some or all of their parts for their products manufactured in China. It seems that it is not "uncommon" for some of these companies to either produce More of the items they are contracted to make or just flat out steal the technology and sell them "ON THE SIDE" per se'.

So an example, I R&D a product, have a decent amount of time and expense into the development, I contract with a Chinese company to produce my product so I can keep my pricing as low as possible. They make and ship it to me.... I am selling it for a retail price I determined only to find My product, either duplicated or an over run of production on "ALIEXPRESS" for 80% less than what I am selling it for. Then lets say a local guy has a problem with an item he bought from them and comes to me for a warranty issue... :shock2:

I was totally unaware of this scenario, but it appears at least in the RC world it is quite a problem and I am sure with other products. I always wondered how I could buy a phone charging chord for $1 free shipping from them... a postage stamp is $.50 ???

Anyway, I am not sure what their reason is, I don't like or agree with it, but I think there is a reason we may not be aware of... I just hope it does not extend to other wheel companies, and I am a EWheels customer so I don't have any worries anyway.

15 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

I was not sure why a company would do this kind of thing and it was a bit disturbing when I first read about it... When I mentioned it to another member on the forum, he gave me a little insight into a possibility why. I am not defending or agreeing with them, I am not interested in any of their wheels at the moment, I am just writing this as I was not aware of this.

He is big into radio controlled stuff. It appears that some or many of the companies have some or all of their parts for their products manufactured in China. It seems that it is not "uncommon" for some of these companies to either produce More of the items they are contracted to make or just flat out steal the technology and sell them "ON THE SIDE" per se'.

So an example, I R&D a product, have a decent amount of time and expense into the development, I contract with a Chinese company to produce my product so I can keep my pricing as low as possible. They make and ship it to me.... I am selling it for a retail price I determined only to find My product, either duplicated or an over run of production on "ALIEXPRESS" for 80% less than what I am selling it for. Then lets say a local guy has a problem with an item he bought from them and comes to me for a warranty issue... :shock2:

I was totally unaware of this scenario, but it appears at least in the RC world it is quite a problem and I am sure with other products. I always wondered how I could buy a phone charging chord for $1 free shipping from them... a postage stamp is $.50 ???

Anyway, I am not sure what their reason is, I don't like or agree with it, but I think there is a reason we may not be aware of... I just hope it does not extend to other wheel companies, and I am a EWheels customer so I don't have any worries anyway.

That scenario is very true for foreign companies who decide to produce in China to reduce their costs. But InMotion is a chinese company and they produce their own wheels in their own factory. That means that scenario does not apply to them since they have a total control of the production.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:13 AM, Nils said:

We have zero tolerance for such behavior.

Is it the naivety of Chinese marketing staff that they think that "zero tolerance for" some rather benign sourcing behavior of clients is a desirable thing or is it just me?

8 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

That scenario is very true for foreign companies who decide to produce in China to reduce their costs. But InMotion is a chinese company and they produce their own wheels in their own factory. That means that scenario does not apply to them since they have a total control of the production.

the other thing he mentioned to me is it also seems a bit common for Some Chinese companies to flat out reverse engineer products and sell them... here again I have no clue as to the reasoning, I was just kind of Naive of what is going on out "in the world"... :confused1:

Archived