New toy, Msuper X experience...

Finally I have received my New Msuper X  1300Wh and wow..... WOW. I absolutely love the look, feel and that tire :D.

Sense I had to open it to connect the battery, I figured might as well apply some silicone to water prove a little, after case was put back on I filled the screws holes with some silicone as well and as I screwed the case back on, some silicone came out/ over the case (it squeezed it out). Turned it on and :w00t2:all good, pulled handle out and little piece of plastic  fell out (no big deal, I'll send an email to @Jason McNeil). I went to try to ride it, but battery was so low that I might have gone 5-7km/h....... charging now.

I will fill the tire with Slime tomorrow and Sat. or Sunday will do my initial thoughts, but so far I am very, very excited...

note to @Jason McNeil thank you for fast and excellent customer service during my Dualtron experience and delivering Msuper X, you have not only gained a loyal customer but a salesman as well. 

L7G6hi7.jpg

qtVf391.jpg

S5mqdDa.jpg

nMryF9W.jpg

F1v1lcr.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Welcome to MSX club... I love mine and have a feeling you will too.  Let me know how fast this thing goes, speed demon...

I sure will, but Im confident I will hit 55 km/h fairly easy...

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

Finally I have received my New Msuper X  1300Wh and wow..... WOW. I absolutely love the look, feel and that tire :D.

Sense I had to open it to connect the battery, I figured might as well apply some silicone to water prove a little, after case was put back on I filled the screws holes with some silicone as well and as I screwed the case back on, some silicone came out/ over the case (it squeezed it out). Turned it on and :w00t2:all good, pulled handle out and little piece of plastic  fell out (no big deal, I'll send an email to @Jason McNeil). I went to try to ride it, but battery was so low that I might have gone 5-7km/h....... charging now.

I will fill the tire with Slime tomorrow and Sat. or Sunday will do my initial thoughts, but so far I am very, very excited...

note to @Jason McNeil thank you for fast and excellent customer service during my Dualtron experience and delivering Msuper X, you have not only gained a loyal customer but a salesman as well. 

L7G6hi7.jpg

Congrat's on the new wheel :cheers:

BTW, see that red battery wire going to the control board? That's the one that I zip-tied to the nearby screw post, to keep it from touching the potentially super hot motor wire that is very close to it. A precautionary step only, and probably not needed.

7 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

I sure will, but Im confident I will hit 55 km/h fairly easy...

Congrat's on the new wheel :cheers:

Enjoy the speed and be sure to wear a mask! ?

Marty failed to do so and look what he wrote after his first 10-mile ride on his new Z: “The wheel feels very zippy (technical term), more so than my MSX, and ...” 

Yes! The di? struck him. Poor Marty! Already unfaithful to his new MSX. ? ? ? ? 

16 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

L7G6hi7.jpg

qtVf391.jpg

S5mqdDa.jpg

nMryF9W.jpg

F1v1lcr.jpg

Congrat's on the new wheel :) mine is 2 weeks away :)

What a Beast :w00t2:.....

Went for a little over an hour ride (34km), what a beast of a machine. Build quality seems/feels better than Msuper v3s. and most of my comparison will be against that wheel. First, initial thoughts: Pedal high, amazing, now I can really go into turn without thinking about catching side with my shoe. Feels like nothing can reach you that high. A+. Pedal angle, at first I wasn't sure, though I will not like it, but after just todays ride, I really like. I ride more on the wide stance and I feel like I have more control accelerating, cornering and overall control of the wheel as Im able to apply more/ easier pressure on to the pedals. 

The motor, very powerful, smooth and extra quiet. As I pushed the wheel more and on a straight line, no hesitation and just pulls and pulls and pulls till I hear the beep (51 km/h), I slowed down, my avg. today was 45 km/h. Honestly it was little weird not hearing any noise from the wheel, lol.

The 3" tire, I like this one a lot :D, first time I went to ride I found it was strange/ weird and kinda hard turning, reminded me many conversations about Z10 how it tries to hold you upright, Im sure not to same extent but I defiantly felt like it was helping me stay straight, I had to adjust my body during turning. Absorbing bumps and road imperfections, very good again, this felt closer to Monster tire in this regard.

Over all I am impressed at the progress of GW wheels this one and (MCM5). Build like a tank, Fast, smooth and very quiet.

@Marty Backe why oh why you neglecting your MSX or is the Z10 that much better ;).

15 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

or is the Z10 that much better ;).

I was going to ask him the same question ... ? He got his MSX just recently, right?!

19 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

What a Beast :w00t2:.....

Went for a little over an hour ride (34km), what a beast of a machine. Build quality seems/feels better than Msuper v3s. and most of my comparison will be against that wheel. First, initial thoughts: Pedal high, amazing, now I can really go into turn without thinking about catching side with my shoe. Feels like nothing can reach you that high. A+. Pedal angle, at first I wasn't sure, though I will not like it, but after just todays ride, I really like. I ride more on the wide stance and I feel like I have more control accelerating, cornering and overall control of the wheel as Im able to apply more/ easier pressure on to the pedals. 

The motor, very powerful, smooth and extra quiet. As I pushed the wheel more and on a straight line, no hesitation and just pulls and pulls and pulls till I hear the beep (51 km/h), I slowed down, my avg. today was 45 km/h. Honestly it was little weird not hearing any noise from the wheel, lol.

The 3" tire, I like this one a lot :D, first time I went to ride I found it was strange/ weird and kinda hard turning, reminded me many conversations about Z10 how it tries to hold you upright, Im sure not to same extent but I defiantly felt like it was helping me stay straight, I had to adjust my body during turning. Absorbing bumps and road imperfections, very good again, this felt closer to Monster tire in this regard.

Over all I am impressed at the progress of GW wheels this one and (MCM5). Build like a tank, Fast, smooth and very quiet.

@Marty Backe why oh why you neglecting your MSX or is the Z10 that much better ;).

Love your commentary, and I agree with you. Such a nice wheel - and the pedal height makes you feel invincible :thumbup:  And I do think the MSX may be the quietest wheel yet made.

I feel guilty about neglecting all my wheels :(, including my Mten3. But the Z10 is such a unique wheel, I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

4 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I was going to ask him the same question ... ? He got his MSX just recently, right?!

23 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

<snip>

or is the Z10 that much better ;).

I would probably be more excited about the MSX if I never had owned the MSuper V3 and MSuper V3s+. So for me the MSX feels like an incremental (yes, a big increment) improvement over the previous version.

The Z10 is a different wheel from an alternate universe. Slight exaggeration ^_^ So it's uniqueness is very compelling, and keeps drawing me to it. I'm sure it'll get old eventually and I'll return to riding my Gotway's more.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I feel guilty about neglecting all my wheels :(, including my Mten3. But

„But ...“

Psychology books teach sales people, that if you use „but“ as it is used here in the above, it has but only one meaning:

I don’t foking care, what I said before the „but“! It doesn’t really matter to me, so just forget about it! 

But then again: this is just applied psychology, and what the fox ? do they know ... ? 

I'll be getting Z10 March/ April of 2019 after the snow melts in Canada :blink:, by then Im sure some bugs will be worked out. Z10 can do 40km/h and be pushed upto 45km/h, but MSX can be comfortable at 50km/h and still pushed if there is an need. 10 km/h or so doesnt seem like a lot till I jump on my MCM5 and realize the limit is there :D.

8 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

I'll be getting Z10 March/ April of 2019 after the snow melts in Canada :blink:, by then Im sure some bugs will be worked out. Z10 can do 40km/h and be pushed upto 45km/h, but MSX can be comfortable at 50km/h and still pushed if there is an need. 10 km/h or so doesnt seem like a lot till I just on my MCM5 and realize the limit is there :D.

Don't buy the Z10 for top-speed. Use your MSX for that. Use the Z10 of all terrain riding and all around fun. And to look cool on ;)

59 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Don't buy the Z10 for top-speed. Use your MSX for that. Use the Z10 of all terrain riding and all around fun. And to look cool on ;)

Z10 wont be for top speed, but only time will tell how much I will enjoy this wheel. Time will tell what Z10 will do to the EUC market. Judging by how fast you dropped all other wheels... Z10 did many things right.

• 4 weeks later...

Little update... I've put about 500km by now, WOW... this wheel is the bum... I believe Gotway did many things right here, specially comparing to Msuper v3s. I believe its a significant upgrade from mSuper v3s and if anyone can, defiantly should upgrade. Smooth...., very quiet.... and it just feels solid. It is hard to explain, I took MSX upto 50 km/h and it just cruising... :), again the pedal high is excellent, angle... pretty much used to it. 

To be honest, I want to really, really try the Z10 but I.m just not sure if it could take the crown away from Gotway.

44 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Little update... I've put about 500km by now, WOW... this wheel is the bum... I believe Gotway did many things right here, specially comparing to Msuper v3s. I believe its a significant upgrade from mSuper v3s and if anyone can, defiantly should upgrade. Smooth...., very quiet.... and it just feels solid. It is hard to explain, I took MSX upto 50 km/h and it just cruising... :), again the pedal high is excellent, angle... pretty much used to it. 

To be honest, I want to really, really try the Z10 but I.m just not sure if it could take the crown away from Gotway.

I agree with you. When riding the MSX it clearly has more power in every aspect than the Z10, and is smoother running. Enough can't be said about the pedal height :thumbup:

The Z10 is a different kind of fun. The Z10 is the 4x4 truck you take into the desert/woods/mountains, or grocery store :blink1:

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

@Marty Backe and @yourtoys7 , have you guys seen @eddiemoy recent 100V MSX tear down video? He doesn't seem happy with it at all, regarding the quality.

No I haven't. Somehow I missed the fact that he bought a MSX, particularly the 100-volt version. Eddie is a little on the picky side though ;)

I'll have to look for it. I'm surprised that the quality is different than the 84-volt versions, which are well documented.

5 hours ago, Edddeus said:

@Marty Backe and @yourtoys7 , have you guys seen @eddiemoy recent 100V MSX tear down video? He doesn't seem happy with it at all, regarding the quality.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

No I haven't. Somehow I missed the fact that he bought a MSX, particularly the 100-volt version. Eddie is a little on the picky side though ;)

I'll have to look for it. I'm surprised that the quality is different than the 84-volt versions, which are well documented.

After seeing  @yourtoys7’s new MSX ( congrats again) with the side covers removed it surprises me that the cable management has not changed much from my old ACM. IMHO there is no reason why the wiring can’t be fabricated of the appropriate length allowing for clean routing using cable fasteners. The crisscrossing of wires over axle nuts, screws and mainboard circuitry does not look professional. 

29882771227_3083c06d35_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

After seeing  @yourtoys7’s new MSX ( congrats again) with the side covers removed it surprises me that the cable management has not changed much from my old ACM. IMHO there is no reason why the wiring can’t be fabricated of the appropriate length allowing for clean routing using cable fasteners. The crisscrossing of wires over axle nuts, screws and mainboard circuitry does not look professional. 

29882771227_3083c06d35_b.jpg

Anyone thinking this is quality has a screw loose just like my new MSX.  The middle posts have very little plastic around them and mine have already split all the way down to the base.  The new MSX case is more flimsy than the V3s+.  People have already reported cracking their case just by dropping it.  Not in a crash.  I had my expectations lower, if it was any better than the old V3s+, that would have been good, but I feel some things they took a step back.  The pedal angle is one of them.  Zero improvement is indication of no effort in cabling presentation.  

3A85EB68-0483-4D82-9B87-D6C57CA93B23.thumb.jpeg.c06821fb9b98d9bbfc79334dfc419610.jpeg

A few people in our group, one person dropped his msuper and patched the crack with tape.  lol.  The shell is not as good as the V3s+.  No where near.  They skimp on the new production for sure.

42059505_349131519162755_8847939994799570944_n.thumb.jpg.ee7f6033abb84ade4976e2c75561e6c7.jpg

Another person who bought the V100 with me had shipping damage.

41991023_538824693222141_2879919212854247424_n.thumb.jpg.1803a1b790e02e0a666fd3c4c456d8c1.jpg

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

A few people in our group, one person dropped his msuper and patched the crack with tape.  lol.  The shell is not as good as the V3s+.  No where near.  They skimp on the new production for sure.

42059505_349131519162755_8847939994799570944_n.thumb.jpg.ee7f6033abb84ade4976e2c75561e6c7.jpg

A little background on my MSX...

has about 900mi. Crashed it once or twice at low speed, dropped it down 2 or 3 stairs another time. About 2 weeks before that photo I smashed head-on into a Beach Cruiser bike and completely bow-tied his front wheel. I mash thru potholes seated. It's been fairly robust IMO. 

That photo was the result of sliding out while doing figure 8's in a "dry" park sprinkler. Wheel bounced off the ground violently and pulled the front screw thru the mounting hole. It's not so bad that a washer couldn't fix it. I just got caught in rain at work and decided a few stickers would do the job. (BTW Message me for EVwhere stickers)

Went for a seated ride in thru the city last night with another banged up MSX and I can't say I notice any creaking or noises.

Now Mick's 18L on the other hand... lmao good luck with those 18xl trolley handles 

As for the wiring, I won't speak on it. I've built numerous race cars in my earlier days and any wiring done by me, usually looks like Gotway's. No fires yet (tho my FJ40 did stall under a bee infested tree once, but I didn't wire that). 

If I can make it to the next-gen wheels with say, 2 shell swaps, 1 trolley and a few tires changes from aggressive daily use, I will be more than happy. Hell, I'm more than happy now. This wheel is the biz :efee6b18f3:

22 minutes ago, dieterGRAMS said:

A little background on my MSX...

has about 900mi. Crashed it once or twice at low speed, dropped it down 2 or 3 stairs another time. About 2 weeks before that photo I smashed head-on into a Beach Cruiser bike and completely bow-tied his front wheel. I mash thru potholes seated. It's been fairly robust IMO. 

That photo was the result of sliding out while doing figure 8's in a "dry" park sprinkler. Wheel bounced off the ground violently and pulled the front screw thru the mounting hole. It's not so bad that a washer couldn't fix it. I just got caught in rain at work and decided a few stickers would do the job. (BTW Message me for EVwhere stickers)

Went for a seated ride in thru the city last night with another banged up MSX and I can't say I notice any creaking or noises.

Now Mick's 18L on the other hand... lmao good luck with those 18xl trolley handles 

As for the wiring, I won't speak on it. I've built numerous race cars in my earlier days and any wiring done by me, usually looks like Gotway's. No fires yet (tho my FJ40 did stall under a bee infested tree once, but I didn't wire that). 

If I can make it to the next-gen wheels with say, 2 shell swaps, 1 trolley and a few tires changes from aggressive daily use, I will be more than happy. Hell, I'm more than happy now. This wheel is the biz :efee6b18f3:

Thanks for your little dose of reality :cheers:  It's great to have the backstory behind a picture. Here @eddiemoy is using your picture to imply that the shell is crap, but then we learn that no, it has some damage from a head-on collision. Let's try and be a little more fair in our reporting Eddie.

I don't think that anyone who buys a Gotway is expecting KingSong build quality. Gotway still has a long way to go, yet the MSX is an improvement over previous models. Just as they added threaded inserts they will eventually start to work on their wiring harness.

Given the various complaints, it's amazing that so many people somehow figure out how to get outside and just have fun with the wheel :D

Archived