GOTWAY motherboard swap between models

Hello !

FAQ around me : Is it realistic to think that GOTWAY motherboards are swappable from a model to another ? e.g. Success in installing an MS3 motherboard into an MS2 body ? 

My primary guess is : No, as engines, Hall diods positions, voltages and intensities, firmware are most of the time very different between all the GOTWAY models. 

Am I right ? If not, which motherboards are swappable among which models ? 

Thanks for attention, Olivier 

10 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

@Sponge @WorldByOneWheel

why did you dislike my post? 

i just want to know what i did wrong and to not do again, so what made you dislike?

Don't worry, they just don't get your humor. I do :D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I think the only motherboard change was done by @Marty Backe to convert an ACM to an ACMV2, but he also had to change the motor to ACMV2.  I may be remembering this incorrectly.

Correct. And the batteries were compatible too. The motor, control board, and batteries must be compatible.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

At the end of the day, where to buy new GotWay motherboards ?

My 5V subsystem (LEDs, USB charger) on MCM5 V2 67V HB motor, is out after water damage and would replace the guilty part.
On Aliexpress I only see 84V ones, and V1 as I can see. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

You might at least find a distributor who imports MCM5 motherboards. I'm stuck with an unpredictable MCM4 and spares for it are discontinued :( So I was wondering if an MCM5 controller would work but I think they are 84V while MCM4 is 67V.

Edited by Lateralus

Whether the main boards and hardware itself is much different I am not convinced. What is different for sure is the firmware used on different models, and the details are guarded quite closely. Certainly, EUC Service wont divulge anything (which I can understand). I suspect that EUC service have the software to play with the motherboard firmware too, although dont quote me on that.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:16 AM, Lateralus said:

You might at least find a distributor who imports MCM5 motherboards. I'm stuck with an unpredictable MCM4 and spares for it are discontinued :( So I was wondering if an MCM5 controller would work but I think they are 84V while MCM4 is 67V.

No mate is not going to work 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Yvo said:

I am stuck with a monster v1 faulty Leds motherboard.

Is there a compatible better motherboard for that?

Welcome to the forum.
Please use English as it is the common language here. You can use translators like deepl.com .
Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1