Toronto's been hit with a lot of flooding. I've been through some rough weather with the MSX and it's hold up. 

After gaining knowledge of how low the motherboard sits my first solution was to duct tape around the edge of that casing to lower water getting in.

Has anyone done any mods on waterproofing/resisting the msx?

@Marty Backeshare your wisdom please

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

Toronto's been hit with a lot of flooding. I've been through some rough weather with the MSX and it's hold up. 

After gaining knowledge of how low the motherboard sits my first solution was to duct tape around the edge of that casing to lower water getting in.

Has anyone done any mods on waterproofing/resisting the msx?

@Marty Backeshare your wisdom please

I live where it doesn't rain, so I'm the last person you want advice from on waterproofing :(

@EUC GUY has done the most and documented the most on how to waterproof wheels. I can't recall if he's done anything on his MSX yet.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I live where it doesn't rain, so I'm the last person you want advice from on waterproofing :(

You could use some rain out there. I feel very bad for all of the fires, lost lives and homes. Devastating! 

• Like 2

I followed EUCGuy's tutorial on youtube.  It didn't take too long, maybe an hour.  Although I didn't have any liquid tape, so at the bottom of the handle rails I used a combination of heat shrink and hot glue to seal them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 12:16 PM, Xoltri said:

I think the biggest area for water ingress is the handle, not the side panels.

true, but once the mud. flap installed, the sides would be more prone to water getting in (at least thats what I think).

• 3 years later...
On 8/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, Marty Backe said:

@EUC GUY has done the most and documented the most on how to waterproof wheels. I can't recall if he's done anything on his MSX yet.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, Xoltri said:

I followed EUCGuy's tutorial on youtube.  It didn't take too long, maybe an hour.  Although I didn't have any liquid tape, so at the bottom of the handle rails I used a combination of heat shrink and hot glue to seal them.

So it seems like all of @EUCGUY's videos have been taken down. I have tried reaching out to him via his website and via his user here on the forum but to no avail. You guys wouldn't have another video tutorial as thorough as his, would you? I remember seeing it once but I thought it would be a project for later. Now it's "later" but I don't have the resource.

I also remember him doing some stuff with the handle as well... pity that the video is gone.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My suggest is quality REAL silicone. Not the cheaper crap. It aint that you need it to last 15yrs, but TRUE silicone tends to have a more pliable bond that is also easier to remove. Any hardware store should have plenty of colors to choose from. I'd just grab a tube of it to run in a small caulking gun, but it depends on how much you plan on using. With any silicone, you have to be methodical or it makes a mess. Also be prepared to replace it anytime you have to seperate parts. Patience, planning and cleanliness will determine how nice looking and effective it is. Be cautious to not seal off too much and restrict much airflow. I'd also suggest putting on some nitrile gloves. Silicone doesnt wash off that easily. You only need a tiny thin continous bead. If yuo go too heavy on it, youll find it hard to take back apart. Good news is silicone cuts easily with a blade once dried.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1