Ride-On Flat repair sealant

Mark Lee

I got my first real flat on my MCM5.  It had 3-4 oz of Ride-On ATV formula sealant in it and it failed... The puncture was big enough I could hear the air hiss.  I've added another 2 oz and it sealed right up and it's holding air...  So if you want to use Ride-On with no latex.  Use 2 more oz than what @Marty Backe recommends with Slime.  :cheers:

The catch with all puncture sealants is that they will all struggle if the hole is anywhere else than at the tread side of the tire. It could be that adding the 2 oz was just enough for the liquid to properly reach the puncture.

I was able to seal a rim side hole with Goop by shaking the wheel at the right tire position. Once the splashes properly reached the leak, the sealant was able to do it’s job.

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

The catch with all puncture sealants is that they will all struggle if the hole is anywhere else than at the tread side of the tire. It could be that adding the 2 oz was just enough for the liquid to properly reach the puncture.

I was able to seal a rim side hole with Goop by shaking the wheel at the right tire position. Once the splashes properly reached the leak, the sealant was able to do it’s job.

Good point as usual.  My concern was having too much material in the tire to affect the ride quality.  There's no problem so I will be adding 2 more oz to all my wheels... 

11 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@mrelwood how many oz of Goop did you put in MSX?

It must’ve been about 5 oz. The puncture I mentioned above happened on a 16 x 2.5 tire though, with 4.2 oz of Goop added after the puncture.

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It must’ve been about 5 oz. The puncture I mentioned above happened on a 16 x 2.5 tire though, with 4.2 oz of Goop added after the puncture.

Thanks, I've got 6 oz in as is, thought about adding another 2 oz.  Truthfully I'm not too concerned with MSX's robust tire...

Archived