Anyone made their own mudguards, or found a 3d printed version that works well.  The stock mudguards flick up lots of dirty water when its been raining and im needing something a bit better with the AT tires also on the way.  

Ive seen the More4Mini ones, but frankly i think they are pretty ugly..

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MetricUSA said:

I use ducttape mudguards....

Good idea. I have been waiting for my mud guard to arrive for month.  I bought a small dollar roll of red duct tape that I keep in my backpack to cover the switches if it started to rain on a ride.  I could also use it to make an emergency mud guard. 

14 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Good idea. I have been waiting for my mud guard to arrive for month.  I bought a small dollar roll of red duct tape that I keep in my backpack to cover the switches if it started to rain on a ride.  I could also use it to make an emergency mud guard. 

I hadnt thought of that, although to be honest i have now riden my MiniPro in some torrential rain conditions on a number of times, through puddles and getting truly soaked without any problems what-so-ever.  As it is my commuter i often get caught out and have no option but to ride in the rain which is the main reason i bought a genuine Mini Pro and not a clone.

The duct-tape mudguards seem like a temporary measure i will definitely be giving a go, but i am looking for something more permanent.  I am thinking of shaping some black garden edging (thick plastic) and fastening it to the ends of the original fenders..

Seems no matter how hard i search no one else has made a 3d print version i can adjust, and except for More4Mini there are no other 3rd party options.  Very little DIY options i have come across either (the duct tape above, and another with some clear shield things from amazon or something - that frankly looked ugly as sin, being the only two).

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

So update to my machine I bought the hybrid tires which is highly recommended but do not buy the fender with the Hybrid tire simply modify the original fender by cutting off the plastic tab on underneath and add some type of fastener... The overpriced fenders are smaller than the original lengthwise and it's going to be more of a problem to get mud flaps on them, more Tire to cover! Losing battle...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made some mud guards out of a paper shield/protector vinyl. I don't think it looks too bad in clear! I guess I could have used pop bottle plastic, too....

Update: this vinyl sheets are not stiff enough, they are now rubbing against the tire, I guess pop bottle will be next....

IMG_20181003_130300-1619x1214.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived