Ninebot mini plus vs inmotion V10 Begginers College Student Undecided

Mozart Tel

Hello to all that are able to help in this forum. A bit of information, I am a 38 years old retired military, somewhat good at inline skates and ice rings, now that I left the service I am getting into a college in Boston, and I have some issues with walking long distances, my hips and knees arent what it used to be, and I am wanting to buy one of these new toys, need a help to decide.

I am new at the forum and the reason I got in is that I have a question regarding the ninebot miniplus vs Inmotion V10. Besides the price, I could scrap up some extra money, witch one is better to use while attending college, as a halfway transport to and from bus stations and inside the campus and inside the buildings?  My trip would be around 4-5 miles total every day.  I will be able for sure to master anyone in a very short time, don't worry.  But I stil need help with:

1. I would like to know which one is better to use in between home to train station to college and in college
  2. heavy traffic, with bike lanes
  3. bad asphalt
  4. Boston area
  5. High people traffic (may need to be able to go very slow or even stop many times)

I am inclined to get the ninebot mini plus, but I hear that it is too slow and very low mileage compared with v10, in the other hand I hear that the v10 isn't something to slow with and even dangerous around too many people.

Thanks for the help.

71TWNwA6LyL._SL1500_.jpg

71vajGoIM3L._SL1500_.jpg

I won't comment on the EUC, but I will stay DO NOT buy the Ninebot based on your criteria. It's a fun device, but not for commuting. And you would not want to take it on a train, etc. because of it's huge size relative to an EUC.

EUCs are amazing transportation devices for going fast and at the same time navigating amongst crowds of people. Yes, it'll probably take a few months to develop those skills, but anyone who has been riding for awhile can ride very safely with throngs of people.

Here are a few videos of mine showing riding among people

There is no situation that I can imagine were the mini-pro would be preferred over any "brand name" EUC with a 800w motor or more, except, the learning curve. You seem like you have good balance so it probably wouldn't take you long to get pretty good riding a euc. I did a ride today that incorporated all of your criteria (23 miles round trip)and I am old and a fairly new rider. If you want something compact with good power and range I would recommend the King Song KS16S. Depending on your size and your range needs the INMotion Glide 3 (V8) might be sufficient. If you have the need for speed then the Gotway Tesla is recommended although it is not as light or compact as the previous two mentioned. Don't get the Mini-Pro .. don't do it.;)

2 hours ago, Mozart Tel said:

Hello to all that are able to help in this forum. A bit of information, I am a 38 years old retired military, somewhat good at inline skates and ice rings, now that I left the service I am getting into a college in Boston, and I have some issues with walking long distances, my hips and knees arent what it used to be, and I am wanting to buy one of these new toys, need a help to decide.

I am new at the forum and the reason I got in is that I have a question regarding the ninebot miniplus vs Inmotion V10. Besides the price, I could scrap up some extra money, witch one is better to use while attending college, as a halfway transport to and from bus stations and inside the campus and inside the buildings?  My trip would be around 4-5 miles total every day.  I will be able for sure to master anyone in a very short time, don't worry.  But I stil need help with:

1. I would like to know which one is better to use in between home to train station to college and in college
  3. bad asphalt
  4. Boston area
  5. High people traffic (may need to be able to go very slow or even stop many times)

I am inclined to get the ninebot mini plus, but I hear that it is too slow and very low mileage compared with v10, in the other hand I hear that the v10 isn't something to slow with and even dangerous around too many people.

Thanks for the help.

71TWNwA6LyL._SL1500_.jpg

71vajGoIM3L._SL1500_.jpg

EUC of course. 

I believe that the Mini Pro/plus is better for indoors and very high traffic, but not too suitable for your other criteria unless distance is quite short between stops (say about a mile or 2). The euc is better at everything else including carrying when needed.  The learning curve for the euc may be much longer than you expect to get the proficency needed. 

If i did get the segway, i would get the 320Wh mini-pro, not the latest Plus model. I don't think i would get it for your purpose, but it's a very personal decision and really depends a lot on the environment  

One of the advantages of the mini pro is that it practically doesn’t have a learning curve. One can learn to ride it in minutes. It also allows you to stop and stand still without dismounting, great when browsing and picking things up in a store or talking to people. 

But since you’re taking the t, don’t take the mini pro or any non-tandem wheeled device during rush hour. It’s too crowded and people are going to be pissed.

If you’re getting the V10, keep in mind that it’s top heavy. It might help with it’s agility, but not sure how well it does with slow pedestrian traffic. I rode the Ninebot One S1 all around Cambridge and there are times were it gets tough due to pedestrians. If you’re staying mostly on roads, I guess any wheel will do as long as you’re not too slow and become a hazard  

Good to see another prior service member looking at euc ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have both a segway minipro and a miniplus

I ride them Monday through Friday to help commute to/from work.

i have 287.1 mi on plus

470.6 mi on pro

i ride them everywhere I live in Seattle WA

I ride to the train, then to bus stop, then to work going in and ride 5.5 mi bike trail to train home.

there are many very steep hills in Seattle and sidewalks and bike lane of all conditions. Both handle with no problem.

again I live in Seattle, I go on the waterfront board walk, thousands of people no problem.

the pro is lighter and there easier to commute with, the trolley bar also would help if i had not broke it the first day. The adjustable knee bar is better. the nag alarms are less. Personalizing it with a name is cooler. ability to lock and power off better. ability to password Bluetooth connection better.

the plus is cooler looking, an almost un-noticeable speed increase its still to slow, its taller, it has a flaky remote that does work sort of, follow mode useless as far as i can tell. It does go farther and that is nice. It does have a headlight. The alarms on it are more of them and louder. lost the trolley bar for a camera you do not get. turn it off it fall face first.

the app with plus you loss naming, turn off, Bluetooth password, and the ability to change from km to mi; lol and this is the $800.00 USD.

Support is zero for both

as far as the one wheel.... you have to step off every-time you stop, learning curve higher..training wheels, less speed and less range than miniplus at least, less power to climb hills chased couple different one up the steeper hills here and the have to get off.

so.....

I love the freedom it gives me but as said hard to really recommend due to segway/ninebot self de-valueizing there own product and costumers

On 8/20/2018 at 7:08 PM, Mozart Tel said:

3. bad asphalt
  4. Boston area

Thanks for the help.

Because you mention bad pavement, I’d recommend sticking with options that have wheel diameters 16” or more.  The V10 can easily go over 20mph and get 30+ miles range on a single charge; however, it weighs ~45lbs.  You might want to consider a Glide 3 (formally known as the V8) which can reach nearly 18mph, get nearly 20 miles on a single charge, weighs 32lbs, and is roughly $600 less than the V10.

I ride a mini pro about 15km a day commuting. It's good, but too slow and now I'm looking at getting an euc to fix my speed itch. 

Works sweet in traffic, can crawl along behind grandma or the girl playing on her phone easy. Don't have to dismount and handles hills and rough terrain without any problems. 

Works well walking the dog, but 18kph is doing my head in. (there is rumours of a firmware hack in the making to bring up speed up to 25kph.. Better, but still no 45 or 50kph)

95ccFMZ.jpg

@Alex_from_NZ , are you serious about downvoting me for my answer? I don't see why not having the same experience with EUC riders around me makes my feedback counter-productive to this thread or any more biased than other feedback...

Believe it or not, people are more attracted to EUC or electric scooter than Ninebot mini. The only place where it sells in Belgium (I have been talking to resellers) is on the coast for bike renters as it works well with tourists and is easy to pick up.

I was reading another thread about a guy with knee problems that was freed from his couch by an EUC.  He got the KS16s and liked it but said that the V10 was easier on his knee and switched. Given the circumstances the V10 might be the best wheel especially if he weighs less than 170 pounds?  Over 200 pounds and we are back to the KS16s.  You would have a smoother ride on an 18 inch but at an awkward slow speed in college traffic.

I have been riding my MSuper on college campus all day today. Just checked my stats for the day:  5.2 miles at an average seed of 7.6 mph. And I ride on the street when I can.  I would be better off using my KS16s today but my wife claims it now.

Archived