How would a racing EUC look?

LanghamP

We tried doing a timed track in our meetups...and had our first cutout when one of us tried doing the course on an underpowered wheel. Our proposed new rule is that your time is invalid if a beep occurs anywhere in the course. Hopefully that will make it about the skill of going around corners and over obstacles. The other element we had is that everyone runs the course on every wheel, and every rider-wheel combination is recorded separately. We can do something like a total time across all wheels to come out with a winner.

The advantage of euc over mostly all other kind of vehicles is his handling. Putting the emphasis in that, the perfect track for all of us would be a small and easily replicable one. Fortuity I found some marks on a closed street pavement what I used to make six paths like in the draw below.

The challenge for all who want to share his abilities is make eight laps for all six variations and record his time for each one.

This is me experiment before I have the short tracks idea

ShortTracks.jpg

This is awesome; I'll see if the crew wants to give a go in our Sept 9th meetup.

That said... it might be wise to institute the same rule we are contemplating; any beeps and the run doesn't count.

As we found out, it only takes about 10 feet of hard leaning forward to cause a cutout on a weaker wheel.

For apples to apples, the wheel type should be recorded as part of he score so it is about the skill of the rider, and not about who has the best wheel.

Archived