S1 will not charge

tscottn

Hey all. Just took my niece for a 10 plus mile excursion. She rode the S1 and i rode the V8.  By the time we got back to the house the S1 had about 12% battery left and wouldn’t go over 5mph.  As soon as we got home i connected the charger.  the charger stays green  will not charge.    I took the covers off and tried disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries and same outcome.  At this point the charger stays green and won’t charge the wheel.  I am wondering if we ran the batteries too low?  Thanks for any suggestions.  

I wonder if the S1 has the same battery protection feature that the new Z10 has, where it won't allow charging if the batteries are hot?  Maybe wait an hour or two and try again.

Also check that the wall cord is plugged in all the way to the charger, mine has backed out slightly on the E+ and stayed green until I pushed it back in all the way.  That was alarming, but just turned out to be a bad connection.

1 hour ago, tscottn said:

Thanks..  i guess it was the battery temp cause it started to charge now.. thanks for the advice. 

Your welcome.. that's good to hear that it's charging now.  I have an S1 but have never tried charging it right after a ride.  Seems ninebot has some good protection for the batteries nowadays.

Archived