Bluetooth Connection / Msuper V2.

Mark1976

Good evening.

I have managed to get my hands a Gotway Msuper V2.

Can anyone advise if this wheel comes fitted with Bluetooth please? Took her out this afternoon and could not find a connection for her on my phone.

i wanted to view the alarm / warning settings from the previous user.

Will this wheel work with DarknessBot App.

Cheers.

MSuper V2's, other older Gotways and old King Songs (circa 2015, maybe early 2016 models?) use Bluetooth 2.0 with serial data, which isn't supported at least by iPhones (maybe not even newer Androids?), newer wheels use the "Low Energy" BT 4.0.

There's the old Gotway App that can be used for modifying the settings.

I made a custom app back in 2015 based on reverse-engineering their protocol from the decompiled Gotway app and BT datacaptures I begged Gotway-owners to get me  ;) and later on got to test it with Euc Extreme's MCM2s (never owned a Gotway myself), but it's only good for seeing the data, I never implemented an actual UI for setting any values (except for the text-box for entering single-letter "commands" and button to send it):

Technically, you can send the commands to the wheel for settings with Wheelemetrics, but it isn't very user friendly, the commands are:

Tapping the loudspeaker icon apparently makes the wheel beep, also there's Ring five seconds under the menu, which sends 'b's to the wheel for 5 seconds:
b

Madden mode:
h   

Comfort mode:
f

Soft mode:
s

View current (I don't know if the wheel needs this, the data captures I've had so far always have contained the current-information):
m

Turn off level 1 alarm:
u

Turn off level 2 alarm:
i

Turn on speed alarm:
o

Calibrate (the first character's a comma, it might be that only the first c y -pair is needed, or maybe all of them...):
c
y
c
y
c
y

There's still 'n' -command in the code, but I don't know what it does, it looks like it could be continuously send to the wheel at some point, but I haven't figured out the logic which does it at least yet.

Original topics:

Reverse engineering the protocol:

Wheelemetrics:

If you get an older version of android and the app still won't connect, you might have a faulty bluetooth board, or it could even be missing.  There were some posts mentioning the fact that replacement mother boards did not come with the bluetooth board, it had to be transferred over from the original motherboard.  One thing you could do is open the wheel and look, but the suggestion above would be first of course.  

Thanks for the reply and information, saved me some time and hassle. We don’t own anything Android nor do we have any other devices in the house. I was riding alongside my daughter (Ninbot E+) this afternoon and the beeps kicked in on the Msuper and nothing sounded on the Ninebot. My 7 year old daughter found this highly amusing which lead to my question.

thanks again.

Cheers.

@Marty Backe suggested a $30 phone from Walmart,  don't know if a newer android version would work with the MSuper V2.  Probably an old cheap smartphone would have the bluetooth version you need.  You could shop for one on Tracfone.com and see the bluetooth versions they have.

If the tablet has Google play store, it has android.

17 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@Marty Backe suggested a $30 phone from Walmart,  don't know if a newer android version would work with the MSuper V2.  Probably an old cheap smartphone would have the bluetooth version you need.  You could shop for one on Tracfone.com and see the bluetooth versions they have.

If the tablet has Google play store, it has android.

The V2 is before my time, so I have no clue on how those older wheels work.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings.

I have managed to download the Gotway App onto an Amazon fire 4 tablet, i have paired my wheel and have a number of settings to play with. Questions with regards to settings.

Speed Alert Setting.

Turn off level one alarm ////two alarm and three alarm.

Am i correct in thinking removing alarm 1 & 2 (Lower speeds) will leave me with just alarm 3 which is top end/ hospital speed?  

Tilt Back

Close tilt back at 6km/h ///// Open tilt back at 6km/h

I have been riding the wheel for just under a month and have not experienced any sort of tilt back whats so ever, if anything i feel like my foot plates are angled down giving me the feeling my feet are slipping forwards when traveling. This made me question do i have the front end going in the right direction or am i riding it in reverse? When travelling i have the power button and battery LED indicator next to my left leg and the foot plates are rounded on the front which makes sense.

I like the idea of the foot plates tilting back when i go over 6km/h if it would solve the above mentioned feeling i have when riding. The only sort of tilt back experiences i am used to is on the 9B E+ which are warnings. Any feedback or advice with the 2 tilt back settings would be greatly received and appreciated.

Cheers in advance.  

Archived