Made a small mod on my MsuperX,

Enhanced the padding to soften the top edge hits to my leg when I ride on uneven and bumpy trails in the woods. 

Had some foam I got with my first EUC, the Ninebot e+.

Would have been better with another color though, maybe another time when these are worn out.

IMG_20180818_120339.thumb.jpg.483dac78545bd3fbf873a77b7cef973b.jpgIMG_20180818_120357.thumb.jpg.5c70f213940b7814c60a4a612e40be5a.jpg

23 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mten 3 carbon wrap,  simulated air vents, ACM pedals and Gopro mounts for camera and paint sprayer.

39803923975_4ba9ed2a71_b.jpg

Now that’s the way the Mten3 should look!  Beautiful mod!  I sold my Mten3 awhile ago.  It’s the one wheel I sold,  that II actually regret selling.  If it looked like that...I’d buy another one in a second.

15 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Now that’s the way the Mten3 should look!  Beautiful mod!  I sold my Mten3 awhile ago.  It’s the one wheel I sold,  that II actually regret selling.  If it looked like that...I’d buy another one in a second.

Thanks! You sold it just because of the looks. I bet you do miss it. 

4 minutes ago, egiljo said:

Very cool ?

How did you do the air vents?

The decorative vents are actually a car product available on Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Car-Auto-Side-Vent-Air-Flow-Fender-Intake-Sticker-Car-Simulation-Side-Vents-Decorative-Silver/32752438860.html

I had to do some fine tuning with a grinder in order to fit the contours of Mten’s shell. I then pop riveted them on. You could also use double faced tape or adhere them with black silicone as well. 

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Mten 3 carbon wrap,  simulated air vents, ACM pedals and Gopro mounts for camera and paint sprayer.

Love those vents, and black!

:cheers:

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks! You sold it just because of the looks. I bet you do miss it. 

That as well as wanting to buy the MCM5,   I’ve got too many wheels hand have to let some go when I want to add another.  Usually it’s not a problem, but the Mten3 has such a unique riding experience.  I would live a black version.  Any tips on how to do this mod?

59 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Any tips on how to do this mod?

I purchased the carbon vinyl wrap through Amazon. https://amzn.to/2BkO1ZM

As you can see by the depiction below the material can contour around almost any surface. 

44117072421_dcf53d003d_b.jpg

This was my first time applying a wrap and it is by no means perfect. A great deal of carefully heating the vinyl over and over again using a blow dryer,  stretching the material over the surface and then smoothing out any imperfections or puckers. 

You will need to take off Mten’s pedals, the foam side pads and the tinted plastic led cover. Sorry I did not video the process. 

The wrap comes in a fairly large roll so if you make a error don’t cuss yourself out as you’ll  have plenty of material to start over. 

There is a plethora of installation/DYI videos on  Youtube. Here’s a good example.

Good luck!

Padded Firewheel with bike computer:

VxBJgTK.jpg

Zm1VCfF.jpg

Beautiful application of painters' tape holding the bike computer sensor wire ;) 

Later on added a large shunt resistor in the mainboard for measuring current while riding:

gh1lcUl.jpg

YmvUa6g.jpg

1PFnao1.jpg

Unfortunately, the wheel shell got smashed later on when custom batteries with "wrong type" of BMSs (overvoltage protection on both discharge & charge) cut power during braking on downhill. I rebuilt it a number of times, but after many tries, I gave up as the shell wasn't really holding that well and the custom packs were too thick after the BMSs were replaced.

I then built this death trap from the custom packs & original hardware:

lTAggL4.jpg

I did ride it on several occasions, but abandoned the project later on, as it was far too dangerous. :P

Then finally, my masterpiece, the padding on KS16S:

qw6EVVt.png

That wood box made me speaksless @esaj

Really liked the design and color contrast with the padding for the Firewheel.

The red against the white and black  made it look like it came from Star Wars.

(Jedi's fighting when riding on EUC's would be cool ? )

30 minutes ago, esaj said:

Then finally, my masterpiece, the padding on KS16S:

There all winners in my book! :thumbup: :cheers:

3 minutes ago, egiljo said:

That wood box made me speaksless @esaj

That was quite... something. There's an album of the building process here:

https://imgur.com/a/orjAz

And a video clip of one of the first test rides:

3 minutes ago, egiljo said:

Really liked the design and color contrast with the padding for the Firewheel.

The red against the white and black  made it look like it came from Star Wars.

(Jedi's fighting when riding on EUC's would be cool ? )

Yeah, I spend a good amount of time padding the Firewheel, and since the wheel itself looked so nice, I paid much more attention on how to cut and place the pads. With the KS16S, I was just impatient to get to ride it, and just quickly slapped some ("temporary", although I didn't remove them until over a year later) padding on so I wouldn't scratch it from the get go.

35 minutes ago, esaj said:

I then built this death trap from the custom packs & original hardware:

lTAggL4.jpg

I promise to NEVER complain about inadequate padding again! 

9 minutes ago, esaj said:

That was quite... something. There's an album of the building process here:

https://imgur.com/a/orjAz

And a video clip of one of the first test rides:

Yeah, I spend a good amount of time padding the Firewheel, and since the wheel itself looked so nice, I paid much more attention on how to cut and place the pads. With the KS16S, I was just impatient to get to ride it, and just quickly slapped some ("temporary", although I didn't remove them until over a year later) padding on so I wouldn't scratch it from the get go.

The reflective tape? on the rim really looks cool.  Now it more than ever is a Firewheel.

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The reflective tape? on the rim really looks cool.  Now it more than ever is a Firewheel.

Yeah, it's reflective tape, in three different colors, the camera light reflects and makes it look nice in the video:

GlX4zIA.jpg

Gotway ACM 2 1600 Wh.. found the original pads to be extremely uncomfortable, as if its only purpose was to rub off the skin on your legs lol.. fashioned my own and extended it in every direction.. also added padding for my bony ankles.. its very comfortable now and more slippery.. i still prefer the ninebot/kingsong very hard and slippery pads as i don't actually like pads per se (i like to be able to very easily slide back and forth and non cushioned..) just a small buffer from rock hard plastic smashing my shin bones.. custom stand i refer to as the indestructible stand.. printed solid and as hot as i could with high tensile strength pla+, overkill but its nice knowing that it could easily carry 500 lbs because its not a cheap wheel lol.. little imperial cogs on the side also 3d printed, bag on the back from amazon keep any useful stuff in there like a flashlight, bike lock, gloves, rain cover for the unicycle maybe a snickers bar haha.. water bottle holder i just made up i have a bunch of paracord laying around so i crocheted a cool little holder thats using a detachable keychain holder to attach it to the paracord hanger for the little backpack and velcro on the bottom. wanted to get a mud guard also but then had the idea of a little mini aluminum bicycle license plate that would serve the same purpose and people might get a kick out of

20180821_163302.jpg

20180821_163336.jpg

20180821_163321.jpg

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

Gotway ACM 2 1600 Wh.. found the original pads to be extremely uncomfortable, as if its only purpose was to rub off the skin on your legs lol.. fashioned my own and extended it in every direction.. also added padding for my bony ankles.. its very comfortable now and more slippery.. i still prefer the ninebot/kingsong very hard and slippery pads as i don't actually like pads per se (i like to be able to very easily slide back and forth and non cushioned..) just a small buffer from rock hard plastic smashing my shin bones.. custom stand i refer to as the indestructible stand.. printed solid and as hot as i could with high tensile strength pla+, overkill but its nice knowing that it could easily carry 500 lbs because its not a cheap wheel lol.. little imperial cogs on the side also 3d printed, bag on the back from amazon keep any useful stuff in there like a flashlight, bike lock, gloves, rain cover for the unicycle maybe a snickers bar haha.. water bottle holder i just made up i have a bunch of paracord laying around so i crocheted a cool little holder thats using a detachable keychain holder to attach it to the paracord hanger for the little backpack and velcro on the bottom. wanted to get a mud guard also but then had the idea of a little mini aluminum bicycle license plate that would serve the same purpose and people might get a kick out of

20180821_163336.jpg

Very nice. Doesn't the offset water bottle throw your balance off just a tiny bit?

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Very nice. Doesn't the offset water bottle throw your balance off just a tiny bit?

thanks :) no, i dont notice its there.. my leg sticks out more than it does and it doesnt wobble

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

thanks :) no, i dont notice its there.. my leg sticks out more than it does and it doesnt wobble

Now I want to learn how to crochet :cheers:

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Now I want to learn how to crochet :cheers:

aha yes it can come in handy xD however even without knowing how you can make something very similar with basic paracord knots.. i do a lot of amigurumi and paracord bracelets as well as 3d design and printing, always trying to think of new ways to utilize the printers :P i also printed a custom mount for that light on the handle to go on the front and free up the handle.. as you know, the ACM 2 is heavy enough as it is without something obstructing the handle haha but i prefer to use an external light to save the battery as well as avoid ever having to change the light built in which would likely mean taking the thing apart

Archived