Help me find a Fast charger for the Solowheel Glide 3 and Glide 2

fgads

I know there is one at ewheels.com but he wants $129 for it plus shipping.
There must be another solution. Can anyone help with both of my new wheels?

8 hours ago, fgads said:

EWheels fast charger is more than a simple high current charger and seems well worth the money to me. See below: 

Or as also discussed on the above thread you can use a charge doctor with the dual inputs and both of your chargers ( or buy another standard one) to charge one wheel  - that is probably the cheapest option and charger doctor allows you to monitor and set charge levels as well - it is (IMHO) an excellent tool and is the solution I use.

Other than that, You can probably get something cheap on Banggood or Aliexpress, but I don’t think one that can be trusted not to damage your batteries will be that cheap?

On 8/15/2018 at 1:20 AM, fgads said:

Besides the ewheels charger i just know of the satiator charger from grin technologies (more expensive but fanless) and the fast charger from 1radwerkstatt.de. Or you look on aliexpress/gearbest/etc. There one could find something cheaper, but maybe have to take care of the right connector yourself?! Imo some members here went this way, but can't really remember the posts/reports...

Ps.: Edit: deleted... was wrong topic..

On 8/15/2018 at 4:25 AM, Keith said:

EWheels fast charger is more than a simple high current charger and seems well worth the money to me. See below: 

Or as also discussed on the above thread you can use a charge doctor with the dual inputs and both of your chargers ( or buy another standard one) to charge one wheel  - that is probably the cheapest option and charger doctor allows you to monitor and set charge levels as well - it is (IMHO) an excellent tool and is the solution I use.

Other than that, You can probably get something cheap on Banggood or Aliexpress, but I don’t think one that can be trusted not to damage your batteries will be that cheap?

Can you explain the Charge Doctor a bit more to me? I'm not clear on what it does. You mentioned plugging two chargers into it at one? I'm new and a bit in the dark. BTW I loved your video review on the ninebot X10.

On 8/17/2018 at 2:17 AM, fgads said:

Can you explain the Charge Doctor a bit more to me? I'm not clear on what it does. You mentioned plugging two chargers into it at one? I'm new and a bit in the dark. BTW I loved your video review on the ninebot X10.

It is a measuring tool and display which is plugged between the charger and the wheel, displaying voltage, current and Wh. Newer versions support plugging two (or three) chargers into it, which then work in parallel, adding their amperage to charge the battery. The CD also can disconnect the charger(s) electronically, triggered either by the decreasing charge current or by the increasing voltage. Indeed a highly recommended (and very affordable) tool, IMHO, unless you have no technical interest at all in the process of charging the battery.

http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/06/charge-doctor-v2-10a-3/
http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/11/19/charge-doctor-triplex/

1 hour ago, Mono said:

It is a measuring tool and display which is plugged between the charger and the wheel, displaying voltage, current and Wh. Newer versions support plugging two (or three) chargers into it, which then work in parallel, adding their amperage to charge the battery. The CD also can disconnect the charger(s) electronically, triggered either by the decreasing charge current or by the increasing voltage. Indeed a highly recommended (and very affordable) tool, IMHO, unless you have no technical interest at all in the process of charging the battery.

http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/06/charge-doctor-v2-10a-3/
http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/11/19/charge-doctor-triplex/

This sounds incredible and perfect for what Im looking to do, which is charge the wheel faster as well as limit the percentages it charges to (80-100%). 

I'll be buying the Glide 2 and Glide 3. Can I use those two wheel's chargers in parallel with either of those two wheels?

Thanks again for helping out!

5 hours ago, fgads said:

This sounds incredible and perfect for what Im looking to do, which is charge the wheel faster as well as limit the percentages it charges to (80-100%). 

I'll be buying the Glide 2 and Glide 3. Can I use those two wheel's chargers in parallel with either of those two wheels?

Yes, to all I know they have the same voltage and the same connector, but better double check with the seller as there have been V8s floating around with different connectors. And when ordering the ChargeDoctor double check that you order the right connector too.

EDIT: also available at https://www.ewheels.com/product/chargedoctor-duo-for-v5f-king-song-gotway-inmotion-v8/

Archived