Electricunicycles.eu reputation?

Siggy

I got a response to my email just a while ago!
It might be a coincidence, but it feels the way to contact them is to write to this forum :-) As for @_Patrick_, I got an answer within 24hours of writing here.

It goes along those lines: The order system was down and my order ended up somewhere in limbo. They did take the responsibility for this, would ship today and offered to charge me nothing for the accessories.
I can absolutely understand an order system failure can happen, yet the impossibility to get any kind of response back is the frustrating part.

As a side note : This is actually the first time I actively wrote to an internet forum, I used to think reading them is enough. "Boy,  was I wrong" ... It was really every post that gave me new insight, angle, or a information I wouldn't figure out on my own. Thanks @Unventor @Seba @Chriull @Kalmar !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In short they should be aware. And they have been active before on the forum. 

It is hard to build up an reputation or a good reputation. It can be lost with few wrong moves. As you said @Pavel lag of communication and no response to customers is a fast track in the wrong direction. 

I try to be fair and diplomatic, however I can state the service of my wheel didn't go as planned on my end nor as dealer and I agreed upon before I shipped my KS18L away. I have spare parts purchase questions still outstanding as this was part of the plan for service, yet no answers to these.

Yes they did give me an offer with spare parts due to long backorder for my Inmotion V8, and I took that offer. This was seperate. 

They have stated they have big plans and it is to be announced soon (was on their web site) but for now I treat this as teasers or movie trailer...

There are a few dealers in the market and I understand it is a new market too. Too bad I don't have a dealer yet in my country is all I think. It would work in Scandinavian country for me, maybe not Finland, as they are too far away for me to travel. But who knows maybe some day...

Edited by Unventor

On 11/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Pavel said:

Writing here is my last resort before I will have to start googling how to do a credit card chargeback.

Any advise on how to contact them?

Thanks,
Pavel

I've shared my own experience with this company in the thread above.

I find it disheartening to hear many others are experiencing similiar long delays in communication.

I generally try and give benefit of doubt where necessary and not air dirty laundry in public, however, I must agree with @Kalmar and @Seba that something unusual is happening with this company.

They may be nice people deep down but the disorganisation would not fill me with confidence when purchasing from them. As such I would not recommend until certain changes happen.

We're really (un)fortunate to have lots of sellers - I have not dealt with them directly but have heard excellent things about speedyfeet, eunicycles.eu, 1radswerkstatt and onewheel.be. Perhaps you could consider these for your next wheel ;)

Until then I hope your situation gets clarified very soon. There's nothing more annoying than having paid good money for an item you have not received.

EDIT: Glad you finally got a response! Hope all is to your liking now.

@Unventor is correct on calling bs, 1) they are certainly aware and 2) this is not a movie - reveal that big plan already!!

In the immortal words of Warren Buffett:

It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. 

Edited by Siggy
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Siggy said:

I've shared my own experience with this company in the thread above.

My issue pales in comparison with what you were dealing with. So much of time and effort.

5 hours ago, Siggy said:

Glad you finally got a response! Hope all is to your liking now.

Fingers crossed that the wheel just works and I won't need a customer service. In any case I'll make sure to keep a good record of any dealings with them just in case.

Now I am looking forward to my early Christmas. :-)

@One_wheeler_21 so had an issue with a KS16S, the typical issue of the trolley handle pin slipping, so its not possible to carry the wheel as normal with the handle closed.

I wonder if KingSong also offers the improved trolley bar for the KS16S as they do for the KS18L. If so, would electricunicycles.eu have the spare part or at least be able to arrange the replacement parts to be shipped? As a minimum.

3 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

@One_wheeler_21 so had an issue with a KS16S, the typical issue of the trolley handle pin slipping, so its not possible to carry the wheel as normal with the handle closed.

I wonder if KingSong also offers the improved trolley bar for the KS16S as they do for the KS18L. If so, would electricunicycles.eu have the spare part or at least be able to arrange the replacement parts to be shipped? As a minimum.

As @Pavel and @Siggy discussed, I have felt let down by their post-sale service as well. 

In my email, post-purchase, I explained, the handlebar stopped from locking down and the plastic handle just came off. Their response was not what I expected. Although I did receive an initial response, they never replied back to me after I sent them a photo (as per their request). In their reply, there was an undertone it was an issue of my handling, not an actual faulty part. I had to buy the replacement part from another store and install it myself. 

I understand this is probably a manufacturer's issue, however, a reseller should think about how to handle such issues with the customer and the manufacturer, rather than avoiding communication or suggesting it's the customer's handling that might have caused the issue. 

1 hour ago, hal2000 said:

A significant number of issues regarding electricunicycles.eu have also been reported on Polish message boards, so for the time being my advice would be not to order with them.

When I was in the process of buying my first wheel (KS16B) there were two dealers based in my hometown of Wroclaw: electricunicycles.eu and eunicycles.eu. I chose (luckily) the latter, only because it was listed as KingSong, authorised reseller, also the price was (just slightly but still) more attractive and (very importantly) they answered the phone (and still do - the aftersale support is excellent).

Thank you for letting us know!  It will prevent future buyers from making the same mistake. In this day and age, word of mouth is faster than some people think. Some resellers just won't stay in business if they keep on the same track. 

I am glad you found a good reseller there. Poland has some fantastic public spaces for riding EUC's. Enjoy your rides! 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 12:26 AM, One_wheeler_21 said:

I am glad you found a good reseller there. Poland has some fantastic public spaces for riding EUC's. Enjoy your rides! 

My hometown - Wroclaw, is really a place you want to visit WITH your wheel : )

BTW @One_wheeler_21 I have to ask about Ireland, are the wheels welcomed where you live? Any issues with the police or local regulations?

Edited by hal2000

My dealer aka this thread just replied to me this morning. Interesting ther are answering my question a few days ago but still in the questions raised in.this thread.

Now the answers they provided is so incorrect that I am willing today openly to recommend to stay clear of this dealer straight off. 

I understand you read this thread (directed to my dealer) but do not bulldhit me .. if you do this is what happens....stay clear of this dealer as it is right now....That is my 120% hounest recommendations. Period. 

The reply I got today is not correct at all. Due to this is how I reply to this. Anyone that ask me why I am willing to answer in PM...one thing if things go wrong g.. but do Not lie to me.....

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an inmotion V8 from electricunicycles.eu in May 2018, the sale & shipping was quite smooth, no problem at all (I live in Spain), I had done lots of research on which distributor to use & they looked like the best from their website & the 2 year real warranty gave peace of mind should anything go wrong (also chose V8 new version as its a tried n tested older wheel with hopefully any bugs ironed out). After 5 months my V8 had a problem, I sent email - no reply after 3 days so email other 2 address's - still nothing after a week - I start to worry as this thing was expensive, I even contacted another well known distributor (phone call) and asked if they could take a look at my V8 as its under warranty - but they said they only deal with wheels they have sold & advised me to contact inmotion directly, which I did. I eventually got a reply from electricunicycles.eu after 3 weeks, apologies for the delay because of expansion & V10 issues (I feel better already). Anyway inmotion has been dealing with the issue (motor fault according to logs - even though my diagnostic says all OK) and sending new motor assembly. This is my experience, when I come to buy/upgrade to another wheel I don't know if to use this company again - maybe the EUC market is expanding rapidly and distributors can't keep up/ plus recalls I can understand a delay in service - but just an email to let the customer know would have stopped any worries! Better Communication is needed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@John Genx Corless it was the similar expireance I had with the dealer, just much later in the year.

All of a sudden they started to make excuses and blamed it on the shipping company DPD. Then when disputed this and that is between them and their partner, and if they had been smart about this the would release reply to customers about status. Putting the head in the sand do not make the problem go away. But the interesting part instead of taking feedback onboard they started to get agressive/hostle in their tone. 

I do hope I don't experience and warranty related issue. But no way I am shipping my wheel to them again, same goes for my money. 

Now keep in mind things might be changing at this company for the better...in future...I were at the wrong end of the stick. I just do not step up for a second round.

So last night I placed an order at another dealer...put a note in. The other dealer came back to me on a Saturday 11am, follow up bastions, dialog back and forth by email. Clearing out questions confirming we are both on same page. A world of a differance as customer expireance and comfort level. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/23/2018 at 9:42 PM, hal2000 said:

My hometown - Wroclaw, is really a place you want to visit WITH your wheel : )

BTW @One_wheeler_21 I have to ask about Ireland, are the wheels welcomed where you live? Any issues with the police or local regulations?

Thanks for inviting me there @hal2000 !

There is no specific regulation regarding electric unicycles here in Ireland. There are laws regarding other e-vehicles, however. You can find out more by making a new post. We'll be happy to explain more if you have any further questions. I will keep this reply short to avoid getting off topic on this thread! I hope you're enjoying your wheel! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 4:57 AM, Justina said:

and run VERY interesting and important projects, that will be a huge boost to the whole electric unicycle community in Europe. We will post more information soon, and can only promise it will be something BIG.

Any news on this yet?

6 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Any news on this yet?

Take a look at their web shop. It seems as if they were selling out what is left in their warehouse. No new products (e.g. KS-18XL), most products are sold out. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it seems like they are quitting the business. It's sad, because they used to be a really well known and respected distributor. @Justina's articles and films are still a great source of valuable knowledge about unicycles.

• Like 2

I am a customer of eunicycles.eu.  Ryszard (Richard) is very accessible, by phone, email, this forum, etc, and his English is very good.  I first worked with him on my broken KS14c axle.  Not his original sale, but he wanted to and did help by building me a new axle as King Song won't supply the old style anymore, and the new style don't fit the old motors.  Months later I bought my KS16S from him, although I didn't realize it was him because the axle interaction was all via this forum, never at his website.  I've had a small problem with the 16s and needed to replace a few broken shell pieces, and  Ryszard always comes through. It's a pain  having to ship things to and from Poland but, hey that was my choice when I bought from him in the first place (at a really good price I must say).  At the time I wasn't aware of any UK retailers for King Song.  Apparently there is one in London (but they have limited stock) and there was Yorkshire airwheel, but I didn't know about them.  Now Speedyfeet is a re seller so that's something.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 9:59 AM, Seba said:

Take a look at their web shop. It seems as if they were selling out what is left in their warehouse. No new products (e.g. KS-18XL), most products are sold out. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it seems like they are quitting the business. It's sad, because they used to be a really well known and respected distributor. @Justina's articles and films are still a great source of valuable knowledge about unicycles.

totally agree

8 minutes ago, Nic said:

Maybe this is the reason ... https://www.kingsong.uk

Nah.  It look like they are just attempting to appear to have a physical UK presence.  And just like Dominik in the z10 in the UK thread, the address is vague, bordering on ficticious.  It's all trickery and I don't appreciate it. LIES LIES LIES.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Nah.  It look like they are just attempting to appear to have a physical UK presence.  And just like Dominik in the z10 in the UK thread, the address is vague, bordering on ficticious.  It's all trickery and I don't appreciate it. LIES LIES LIES.

That web address started as a KingSong UK website, but with no products to buy (just a message saying 'This option will be available soon...' when clicking on buy button) ... then it changed only a month or two ago (can't remember exactly) to be replaced by this one. So maybe KingSong had ambitions to open in UK, but then changed their mind and Justina is becoming the main supplier for KingSong. If she is busy with this new business, then that would explain the lack of time and attention spent dealing with electricunicycles.eu clients. I wonder if UK legislation issues are to blame? Why open in UK if these vehicles are not legal on roads? Or maybe its Brexit to blame?

Here's the original KingSing.uk website (check the HQ address at the bottom of webpage: KingSong UK, High Street, W3 6NA London, United Kingdom)...

https://web.archive.org/web/20180809111824/https://www.kingsong.uk/

New website now run by Justina from electricunicycles.eu

https://www.kingsong.uk

Edited by Nic

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/13/2018 at 5:06 PM, Siggy said:

Recently purchased an EUC from this company with 2 year warranty and 14 day ‘hassle free’ return policy. 

Without casting judgement just yet, customer service is not as responsive as I’m used to. 

I’m curious of other members views on their overall quality. How have your experiences been. 

Cheers

I know being a bit late ... sry :-) ... I bougt a Gotway tesla from them in Aug 2020 and communication via mail pre- and after sales is quite responsive and I am satisfied. Maybe they learned?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldtrapper said:

I know being a bit late ... sry :-) ... I bougt a Gotway tesla from them in Aug 2020 and communication via mail pre- and after sales is quite responsive and I am satisfied. Maybe they learned?

Maybe. But it is one company I will not buy from again. I have bought 2 wheels from them. But I gave them options back when then were to fix 1st batch issues on KS18L it took long time and afterwards I understand it was due to weak 1st back inner shell. 

But once a company starts to threaten their customers they reached a point of no return. 

But anyone who looks for a wheel should find options elsewhere and should the company decide to address their previous wrong doing they were present on this forum. 

I have other resellers I could recommend. But this one is on the other end of the scale. This is how diplomatic I can put this.