Firmware V1.08 on KS-18S - Now locked up

Evel_Knievel

Got a prompt to update firmware, did so no issues. Restarted and wheel just beeps rapidly and non-stop after the update... firmware took...wheel shuts off sometimes after 10-15 seconds other times stays beeping like this. I do get the following message in the app...IMG_3A0CA187AED6-1.thumb.jpeg.a6cd9698d2b0c1bba0ac3c7c4b25bf76.jpeg

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian

3 hours ago, Evel_Knievel said:

Got a prompt to update firmware, did so no issues. Restarted and wheel just beeps rapidly and non-stop after the update... firmware took...wheel shuts off sometimes after 10-15 seconds other times stays beeping like this. I do get the following message in the app...IMG_3A0CA187AED6-1.thumb.jpeg.a6cd9698d2b0c1bba0ac3c7c4b25bf76.jpeg

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian

trust me, been there, done that, so frustrating!

i upgraded my 18s friday evening using my ipad and rode it afterwards. only change i noticed was it reads the voltage a hair higher. still not right but closer. says 95% now on a full charge. 

i had to get kingsng’s “engineer” app to fix my 16s. 

i’m sure @US69 can help u out.

Back up and running! @Flora Yuan and @US69 got me fixed up. You have to get another engineering app that will allow you to install the firmware by wheel model rather than allowing the app to select it automatically. In this case the app installed once and kept on wanting to install 16S 1.08  onto my 18S wheel. I didn't loose any settings or mileages. 

Thanks everyone!

46 minutes ago, Evel_Knievel said:

Back up and running! @Flora Yuan and @US69 got me fixed up. You have to get another engineering app that will allow you to install the firmware by wheel model rather than allowing the app to select it automatically. In this case the app installed once and kept on wanting to install 16S 1.08  onto my 18S wheel. I didn't loose any settings or mileages. 

Thanks everyone!

cool beans! sounds like my situation minus @US69. except mine took three nights between 2 am and 5 am.

There's a special place in hell for the designer of the King Song app.  I made the mistake of trying to unlock the speed restriction on my wheel yesterday and ended up locking myself to below 20km/h speeds.  Was super pleased.  

6 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

There's a special place in hell for the designer of the King Song app.  I made the mistake of trying to unlock the speed restriction on my wheel yesterday and ended up locking myself to below 20km/h speeds.  Was super pleased.  

yeah, that is a real pita.

u have to sign in to even check and see what ur speed setting is.

it will be nice having another hassle free app wheel like the ninebot z10.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:22 PM, novazeus said:

yeah, that is a real pita.

u have to sign in to even check and see what ur speed setting is.

it will be nice having another hassle free app wheel like the ninebot z10.

I read about your experience with the app from when you first got your wheels while trying to find a solution to my speed problem.  I figured I must be the most frustrated King Song app user on the forum, but we might be tied.  There are so many layers to the problems I've encountered that I hesitate to even ask for help because of how much work it would be to even explain what I've already attempted to try to get it working.  Three different android devices, two different apps (King Song and wheellog) and multiple downloads/reinstalls of both.  

I've just been riding my V8 instead, but have to get this figured out because I rely on the range of the 18S for a lot of stuff.  

3 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I read about your experience with the app from when you first got your wheels while trying to find a solution to my speed problem.  I figured I must be the most frustrated King Song app user on the forum, but we might be tied.  There are so many layers to the problems I've encountered that I hesitate to even ask for help because of how much work it would be to even explain what I've already attempted to try to get it working.  Three different android devices, two different apps (King Song and wheellog) and multiple downloads/reinstalls of both.  

I've just been riding my V8 instead, but have to get this figured out because I rely on the range of the 18S for a lot of stuff.  

i use my apple ipads for changing anything on the wheel. seems to work the best. over wifi.

Archived