Inmotion V10F completely not working after forward adjustment

Marco Diciolla

Hello,

My V10F has stopped completely working after a forward adjustment. It basically results completely disconnected from motor (does not self balance vertically after you turn it on).
Things I have tried:

• Factory reset
  • Clear cash
  • Do again forward adjustment
  • Multiple times on and off

Any help would be highly appreciated please. It seems I am completely unfortunate with me wheel, or I am not able completely to understand the app. :(

Thanks a lot

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Marco Diciolla said:

Hello,

My V10F has stopped completely working after a forward adjustment. It basically results completely disconnected from motor (does not self balance vertically after you turn it on).
Things I have tried:

• Factory reset
  • Clear cash
  • Do again forward adjustment
  • Multiple times on and off

Any help would be highly appreciated please. It seems I am completely unfortunate with me wheel, or I am not able completely to understand the app. :(

Thanks a lot

Have you been in the rain with it sometimes?

• Like 1

Did you calibrate it properly as shown in this blog post? It should be sitting on its rear bumper. 

https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/v10-firmware-update-2-2-7

I imagine a bad calibration may make it think it is tipped over and so won't activate the motor. 

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you all for replying. So this morning I did a further forward calibration (for the 5th or 6th times) and it suddenly started working. However, one thing fixed and another one seems to be broken. Namely, now the handle button has no effect on the wheel. Whether I press it or not the wheel stays always balanced.
I have tried to play with the various functions from the app by switching them on and off but I got nowhere. Also, lights still do not work. I can switch them on and off but I cannot apply any light effect (after downloading, transfer and apply).

I really do not understand well (or probably at all) the software and the functionalities of this wheel.

• 11 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 10:30 PM, Marco Diciolla said:

Thank you all for replying. So this morning I did a further forward calibration (for the 5th or 6th times) and it suddenly started working. However, one thing fixed and another one seems to be broken. Namely, now the handle button has no effect on the wheel. Whether I press it or not the wheel stays always balanced.
I have tried to play with the various functions from the app by switching them on and off but I got nowhere. Also, lights still do not work. I can switch them on and off but I cannot apply any light effect (after downloading, transfer and apply).

I really do not understand well (or probably at all) the software and the functionalities of this wheel.

did you find a solution to the anti-spinning button not working? iv the same problem when  press it or not the wheel stays always balanced.

Any luck getting the handle button to work?

As a last ditch effort I would try uninstalling the app. I recall making a change to some V10F feature and although it took the setting it would not toggle back. It drove me nuts and your issue reminded me of it. I cleared the data from the app in phone settings, cleared the cache, too and uninstalled it. After getting it all set up gain the feature worked again. Hope this helps. 

[Edit: if you do this, be sure to check ALL the settings, especially the footboard sensitivity. Mine reset to zero, I didn't notice and it caused very unusual handling characteristics. I became very concerned for a few days before a buddy saw it and we corrected it]

Edited by Freewheeler
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, davewood1982 said:

Yeah just tryed uninstalling the app. unfortunately that didn't work :/ handle button still not working

Bummer. We'll, if you're gonna have to live with it the a tip that may help, at least for curbs. I rarely use the handle button if it's just a curb because of a back thing. I dismount, grab the handle, position the front of the tire against the curb and use friction/traction and the wheel's own power to "ride" it up. Not much consolation, I know.. but there it is. Cheers.