Flexmeter Double Sided Wrist Guards Question

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the Flexmeter double sided wrist guards, but am wondering what gloves people wear with it.  Should I look for a typical protective glove in a larger size than what I normally would wear, or is there a normal sized glove that fits well with these wrist guards?  Thanks.

These are not designed to be worn with gloves. If you just want extra padding, there is a Flexmeter DS version that has D30 padding built in. If you're concerned about your fingertips, you really don't need to be. If you want to wear gloves anyway, you could probably fit gloves under them if you buy a size up. Get some very tight fitting shooting or work gloves like Mechanicswear that you can wear underneath them. If you really, really want to wear gloves on the outside, look at snowboarding gloves that have built-in wrist protection. Demon makes those.

In winter on days when the temperature drops below 4-5°C (40°F) I sometimes wear some insulating Solo gloves (they fit nicely under the D30)...

SO350A811_zoom.jpg

But that is because I am a delicate flower with sensitive IT fingers...   :efefb6a84e:

I've been wondering about this, too.  I ride during winter and used Triple 8 Hired Hands last winter with crappy wool gloves that I could stretch over them.  I bought more expensive mitts/gloves and found they didn't easily fit over the flexmeters, but I have yet to remove the skid plate to see if that would help.  

14 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

In winter on days when the temperature drops below 4-5°C (40°F) I sometimes wear some insulating Solo gloves (they fit nicely under the D30)...

SO350A811_zoom.jpg

But that is because I am a delicate flower with sensitive IT fingers...   :efefb6a84e:

Thanks! I think something thin like this would suffice.  I wasn't looking for a whole lot of protection for the fingers, but just something in case my fingers ever scrape against something during a fall.

10 hours ago, cloud240 said:

Thanks! I think something thin like this would suffice.  I wasn't looking for a whole lot of protection for the fingers, but just something in case my fingers ever scrape against something during a fall.

These also have some silicone (?) dots on the "fingerprint" area to help keep your fingers functional...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 9:51 PM, Shemp said:

These are not designed to be worn with gloves. If you just want extra padding, there is a Flexmeter DS version that has D30 padding built in. If you're concerned about your fingertips, you really don't need to be. If you want to wear gloves anyway, you could probably fit gloves under them if you buy a size up. Get some very tight fitting shooting or work gloves like Mechanicswear that you can wear underneath them. If you really, really want to wear gloves on the outside, look at snowboarding gloves that have built-in wrist protection. Demon makes those.

This is not entirely correct. Demon have a skiglowe that fits over the wristguard if you take off the in-hand puck. 

I guess a large glow might fit too. But right now I personally don't use any gloves. 

Yes I tore a little skin off my middle finger on my flat landing on the back accident. But to be honest it was a minor injury compared what the in-hand puck saved me from hand scrapping. 

As for my wrists, no pain whatsoever despite I used my arms to cousin or brace for the landing. 

It is very rare I ride without my wrist guards. Occasionally to my garage 140m from my flat, on a "blind" low traffic end- road. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 11:57 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

SO350A811_zoom.jpg

Hi, do you have amazon link or other sites that can I bought this gloves. I couldn't find it. They are perfect for me.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, baracuda50 said:

Hi, do you have amazon link or other sites that can I bought this gloves. I couldn't find it. They are perfect for me.

There website is www.solocc.com, but the seem to be in the middle of upgrading their site.

The only sites that Google shows me that sell them online are New Zealand based and don't ship overseas - It's odd because I am sure it is a British company...

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

There website is www.solocc.com, but the seem to be in the middle of upgrading their site.

The only sites that Google shows me that sell them online are New Zealand based and don't ship overseas - It's odd because I am sure it is a British company...

Ok thanks, I will check it out.

Archived