EUC for Kids- Recommendations?

kangzy

All,

Had my wheel a week and my daughter is nagging me to get her one - figured it woul dbe a good way to spend some quality father daughter time together. Tried doing some searches on here for some recommendations for kids but couldnt see any. Was looking at the mten3 but i figured it might be a bit to powerful?

Any recommendations for a first a wheel for children/kids? My daughter is 7 going on 17!

Cheers

My 7-year-old daughter rides my mten3 quite proficiently, including (with some hesitation) free mounting. Am I afraid that she could go way faster than is safe? No more than I would be on any other wheel. It's fear and respect that keeps you at safe speeds, not the hardware.

My 7 year old son learned on an AirweelX3 like me, but as soon as he learned, I bought him a KS14D.  He loves it.  He was pushing tiltback on the air wheel which got me nervous.   I tried to avoid buying him a EUC and gave him the KS16, but that thing he wasn’t comfortable riding because it was like a Monster to him.  Good luck and it only took both my kids 2 hours to learn to go forward with balance.  

My 11 year old I made him learn on the NB1 C+, then tried to put him on the V10F, that was too heavy for him.  So I put him on the KS16 and he is good with that. 

For younger kids I definitely recommend a light 14”   And full safety gear.  Even a full face helmet.

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Here is a recent riding video.  When they get better and I feel more comfortable with them, it will be much more fun. 

Ye would Defo get her to wear a full face helmet! That vid looks so cool. Guess it’s a balance between getting something safe she can learn on and something she can grow into as this is an expensive hobby.

12 hours ago, beast@tanagra said:

My 7-year-old daughter rides my mten3 quite proficiently, including (with some hesitation) free mounting. Am I afraid that she could go way faster than is safe? No more than I would be on any other wheel. It's fear and respect that keeps you at safe speeds, not the hardware.

Ye that’s worry she likes going fast! Mten3 does look ideal in terms of size. Maybe I’ll just pitch it that way to the wife so it can be my second wheel ?

ch

20 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Here is a recent riding video.  When they get better and I feel more comfortable with them, it will be much more fun. 

Nice video - you get some very nice footage with that long stick of yours!

My oldest son has tried a few times with my ks16, but it does seem to be too big and heavy for him, a 14" inch wheel i think definitely would be better.

from my limited experience - Luffy is quite a good choice for smaller kids (5 - 12), the main advantage: it is very light and they are able to handle it easily, and even carry it when necessary, it is also not too fast :)

On 8/13/2018 at 8:40 PM, trya said:

from my limited experience - Luffy is quite a good choice for smaller kids (5 - 12), the main advantage: it is very light and they are able to handle it easily, and even carry it when necessary, it is also not too fast :)

Yes looked at the Luffy but was put off by the low battery capacity which could be seen as a safety risk. Was also looking at the v5f but after what ive recently heard i have been put off 

16 hours ago, kangzy said:

Yes looked at the Luffy but was put off by the low battery capacity which could be seen as a safety risk. Was also looking at the v5f but after what ive recently heard i have been put off

In my view, the risk in this case is rather exaggeration (if we are talking about the kids weighing less than 100lb). Adults can ride Luffy, even though they have to maintain non-aggressive riding style - but for the kid, the power is more than sufficient. The same is true for V5F - but it is bigger and heavier compared to Luffy.

PS. I learned on 170Wh Airwheel, then it was a learning/first wheel for 3 more people, including 200lb adult - and nobody ever had any issues with it. Limited speed is quite a good safety factor. With more powerful wheel you inevitably will get higher speed limit - and kids are too eager to try it :)

Archived