Gotway Unreliability is a Myth

2 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

I see.  I bought this wheel for the big tire and more comfortable ride, and it is everything I could hope for.  I have it set at 36 because I'm not comfortable wiping out going any faster than that, so I can't say how the tiltback behaves at 55.  Although the unload speed of my wheel is 79km/h so at 55 it seems like it should have a lot of reserve.

The wheel beeps at you if you overdrive it when the battery is low.  May be tough to hear at 55.  I haven't hit the low battery 'get off me' tiltback yet.

I had the Msuper V3s+ which I hated.  Yes, the beeps are useless at high speed, the wind noise is too great.  Tiltback or some other notification is needed, maybe a watch with vibrating alert.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, peterpeco said:

I have several wheels including 5 Gotways, none have failed

You have only 5 wheels. Gotway reputation comes from statistics of service from distributors, who deal with hundreds of wheels. That's at least 100x difference with your personal experience. The other part of reputation comes from communication between distributors and GotWay factory, of which you probably don't know - it's about getting new parts, sending back controller boards and motors, percent of broken parts received etc. That's the side you'll know about either if you work in EUC service, or know someone who does, or at least read the published info about servicing the wheels.

This year GotWay have improved their quality a bit, while KingSong and InMotion and even Ninebot have huge issues with quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Riding my MCM4 last night. Leaned against a fence, wheel wanted to go backwards, I resisted and then I heard a pop! Now wheel won’t stand upright. I assume I fried the motherboard? I will need a new one. Any ideas on where to locate one? I’m going through withdrawals already. 

3 hours ago, Tillindemann said:

Riding my MCM4 last night. Leaned against a fence, wheel wanted to go backwards, I resisted and then I heard a pop! Now wheel won’t stand upright. I assume I fried the motherboard? I will need a new one. Any ideas on where to locate one? I’m going through withdrawals already. 

The dealer where you bought the wheel is always the first choice. You could try EWheels or AliExpress. Use the power of Google - I was able to locate a control board in about 30-seconds.

Archived