My custom EUC design in the making

EUCGUY

So far i have modeled the shell and sidepanel and dryfitted it and a test without riding.
Shell too close to the body so i modeled some spacers "Yellow parts" 1cm wider. Also will allow for the old msuper v3 18" tire to fit the 16" ninebot motor.
how?, well, i will ofc model and print a bigger rim for the motor!

The rendere photo is what im aiming for with the design. 

Video of how far ive come. 

When im done, there will also be made a full designvideo that goes into details. not as long or with boring parts as last.

4.jpg

corrected the tire size. now dm 475. inflated angled view.JPG

corrected the tire size. now dm 475. inflated.JPG

corrected the tire width. front view.JPG

corrected the tire width.JPG

18inch rim first look exploded.JPG

Modeled the 9bot motor 1:1 very accurate as the model wasnt good enough to go forward. Motor took 30 min to model with my digital caliper.

18inch rim first look.JPG

Then i made a copy of the motor, cut out the middle and only kept the rim. made that into a 2nd model and scaled it up into 18" . I measured my msuper v3 for corrrect scale.

The adapter can be seen here in RED. This will be printed in 3 parts and glued in the motor as shown in the render.

accurate 9bot motor 2.JPG

Motor, naked and alone. 

frame now correctly spaced angle changed.JPG

Everything got moved outwards as the new motor model was wider. This would explain why the current printed shell is too close to the tire as is. According to old model it was right, but i see now that it was way off. Anyway, the shell is made wider as well in the render to make room for the 18" msuper tire. This could result in problems for the pedals as they sit close to the sidepanel. i'll work on that when everything else is done. At the top in YELLOW, we see the spacer i made. As of right now it does not follow the curve of the shell, i will fix that before i print it out. First i make the new rim adaptor, get the tire on and try the old shell as is, then i can double-check that this 3d model is correct. once is, i'll proseed

Rendered fully 2.jpg

A new render. clear to see that the wheel is much wider now. I also think the design is outstanding and probably something i should patent. hehe

Rendered fully.jpg

1 hour ago, Sergej Gerasimenko said:

Have you ever considered to let battery cable go through the hub?

I would love to see open wide wheel design soon, 18-22’’?

Real vikings do not need mudfenders or trolleys, do they?

I rather scratch my balls, but it may be a damm sexy ride!

Im limited to the components i use. old 9bot internals. next build maybe. :) just goto finish this

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How the heck do you model the curved shape so nicely?  What program are you using?  The realistic renders are awesome too.  I tried playing around with some CAD software before, but it was pretty tricky to work with.

In my software, fusion 360, its called "forms" basically you can build a model with planes or just a big blob and form that as you wish. when things start to get choppy, add more triangles. I will show more when its done. 

I have worked in this programf or about 1yr now. still learning and probably doing things the hard way a lot of the times

Archived