Glide 3/2 lite Bundle Deal

binks00

Hi everyone! I'm about ready to purchase my first wheel. I convinced myself the solowheel v8 would be best for me and the family to learn on. I just saw you can get a glide 2 for 50% off when purched with a glide 3. I can't find any reviews on the glide 2 lite and wanted to hear from you guys if you think it's worth it or if it's too under powered and I should just avoid it.

I know it's lacking in speed and range but my wife may prefer a lighter wheel, my 15 year old could maybe tag along (he will want something faster for sure)I and five year old is young but maybe ready to start? Also, I'm 185 pounds, could I tool around on flat ground without concerns?

If anyone knows of any used for sale in Pa, please let me know. 

Scott

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

@binks00 glide 2 is afaik the inmotion v8 - a very solid wheel, but just not too powerful.

Sorry, just to correct: the Glide 3 is the rebranded Inmotion V8 (16” wheel) the Glide 2 is the Inmotion V5 (14” wheel) and the Glide 2 lite (as offered here) is the V5 with only a 160Wh Battery. Since it has only a single set of battery cells it’s max power as well as range is reduced making it more suitable for light riders: https://www.myinmotion.com/products/solowheel-glide-2. Having said that, that is a very good price for the G2 - I wonder if it would be possible to add back the extra cells at some point?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keith said:

Sorry, just to correct: the Glide 3 is the rebranded Inmotion V8 (16” wheel) the Glide 2 is the Inmotion V5 (14” wheel) and the Glide 2 lite (as offered here) is the V5 with only a 160Wh Battery. Since it has only a single set of battery cells it’s max power as well as range is reduced making it more suitable for light riders: https://www.myinmotion.com/products/solowheel-glide-2. Having said that, that is a very good price for the G2 - I wonder if it would be possible to add back the extra cells at some point?

I bought this bundle a few months back and was wondering the same thing in regards to adding the extra battery back in.  Haven’t seen any info on it in spite of me looking for it.  

To answer the question though , the V8 is a great wheel and i love it but now with about 500 miles under my belt i am already looking for something faster and with more range.  The glide 2 will be outgrown quickly even by your wife who will struggle to keep up with the V8.  The glide 2 would be great as a kids first wheel but will be outgrown eventually as well.  

If i could do it all over again i would have just bought two KS 18Ls and been done with it.  Even two 18Ls will be cheaper in the long run..  JMHO but I’m no expert.  Just saying what works for me..  

Edited by tscottn
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Glide 3 goes more than plenty fast for a parent with dependent minor children.

As for the Glide 2, you can always drop it off at the orphanage and claim it on your taxes.  Before then, it might at least give the family a firm idea of whether they want their more-powerful wheels to be 14-inch or 16-inch.

• Like 1

Thanks fgads. I decided to go with the bundle after all. I figured a second wheel for that cheap will allow the family to learn together instead of having to sharing and beat up one wheel.

Is the glide 2 going to be okay for me to learn on and scratch up at 180lbs or should I go straight to the v8?

Also, to anyone who got these bundles, do they come with covers or a handle for the glide 2?

• Upvote 1

Did you get the Glide 2 lite or the Glide 2? If it hasn't shipped I'd cancel the lite model and ask the for 50% off the Glide 2. They will do that for you. They did it for me. The Glide 2 comes with a free cover. That can do 15 mph, about 12 miles and can handle 240lbs. Ask for 10-15% off the total order too. They might even throw in a free trolly handle too.

Edited by fgads

The Glide 3 dust-jacket worked very well at keeping the wheel case from getting scratched during my educational mishaps. But it did not keep the treads from getting nicked (similar to a space shuttle upon re-entry - the sides are foam-covered but not the steps). In the end, there is no hope keeping the wheel in "like-new" condition. Therefore, I wouldn't worry too much about the Glide 2 Lite if it's coverless. And (I've not tried the Glide 2 Lite myself) I recommend you go straight to the Glide 3. Otherwise you might never be able to pry it loose from the spouse and kids.

I have the lite coming in the mail today. Would have got the glide 2 at half price had I known. Oh well. It may be a perfect trainer for my daughter. She's almost 5.

The glide 3 isn't coming until Monday?. I hope to learn the basics on the 2 lite this weekend if it's powerful enough. 

Already thinking about which 1500-2000 watt wheel I would want for next year. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:42 AM, binks00 said:

I have the lite coming in the mail today. Would have got the glide 2 at half price had I known. Oh well. It may be a perfect trainer for my daughter. She's almost 5.

The glide 3 isn't coming until Monday?. I hope to learn the basics on the 2 lite this weekend if it's powerful enough. 

Already thinking about which 1500-2000 watt wheel I would want for next year. 

I hear you. Mine arrives Wednesday. I'm grateful for my glide 2 and 3 but I'm already craving a stronger, longer lasting, faster wheel. Like an msuper or z10.

3 hours ago, fgads said:

I hear you. Mine arrives Wednesday. I'm grateful for my glide 2 and 3 but I'm already craving a stronger, longer lasting, faster wheel. Like an msuper or z10.

What are you getting in the mail, the 3? I like the z10 and that fat tire. I have 25 miles on the 2 lite already. It drug me up some ridiculously steep hills without alarms. I was keeping the power output below max but was down to 6 mph. This little thing is tough! Can't wait for the 3 to show up and power up those same hills!

First ride on the glide 3 tonight. Set speed limit to 14 and felt tilt back at around 12-12.5. I think the tilt back helped stretch the legs while riding. That was awesome. Riding switch stance helped a lot too. Does it heat up the board or eat more power if you "ride" the tilt back?

Screenshot_20180820-224029_Samsung Health.jpg

5 hours ago, binks00 said:

Does it heat up the board or eat more power if you "ride" the tilt back?

Most likely not. Just as changing the default inclination angle of the pedals has no influence on the energy consumption of the wheel. See also

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

Thanks Mono! That was a really good read. That was the first I heard of rear up which is not the same as tilt back. So that's what happened the other night, I hit full rear up followed by full tilt back while accelerating quickly over a crest in the road. As soon as I past the crest this happened. Scary with the beeping and all but saved my butt. I'm glad I made this purchase. Most fun I had in a long time.

• Upvote 1