Msuper x charging issues.

Anti-spark XT60 connectors and XT60 connectors are different I think.  The Anti-spark ones have the resistor built in I believe and have a green L with a dot marking on them.  So the answer might not be no, but it could be a maybe baby?  :whistling:  Or do these work only in the connecting direction and not disconnecting?

s-l300.jpg 

Once you get back to connecting the wires, I would measure the voltages on each connector before connecting them. If there is a notable difference, I go thru it twice explaining myself why there is a difference. Once I’m sure it’s ok, I connect them. I have made two EUC battery extensions, no sparks yet.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:45 PM, Rhada said:

I opened the wheel, tried to check the connections. 
I disconnected the yellow connector, turned the wheel on to empty the capacitors, but when i disconnected the other yellow connectors (the side without the motherboard) I got a Shortcut and that burned that connector :-(.

I'll replace that connector, but for now i let the wheel be until i get more information. :-( Feel really crap.

if it was a shortcut the battery would have turned into a bomb... its just that the electricity jumps from the battery to the empty cspacitors on the board

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

if it was a shortcut the battery would have turned into a bomb... its just that the electricity jumps from the battery to the empty cspacitors on the board

If you read more carefully, the main board connector was already detached. And he was unplugging the connector that burned.

A shortcut doesn’t immediately turn the battery into a bomb. Amongst others, it is a welding machine first. And a fuse burner. The fuse could be the object that creates the shortcut, effectively removing the shortcut as well.

Fixed it! 

I replaced the charging port, left the screw terminal i installed, the seller send me a new cable, but i didn't use them to replace the screw terminal, since i had to cut the wires again to reconnect the connectors. It worked, so let them be as they were. 

The new charger works, the old one i fixed by soldering the loose cable end. 

Bought some longer screws, the existing ones started to wear down from opening it up 3 times... 

Tried the wheel out, quite a difference to the 14inch i tried out 2y ago... this is going to be fun. 

Oh and one side pad ripped from taking it out of my car trunk. -.- 5 layers of scotch tape would be sturdier than those pads... 

Thanks everyone for the input and help! Really appreciate it! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my new MSuperX.   Connected the battery (yellow connectors). 

Charged for about 12 hours.  Lights green..  Yet I only see about 40% charge.  

Was there more than one connection to do inside the unit?  Also when getting on the unit, it powers off just a few seconds after mount it.

Any suggestions helpful.  Looking forward to getting started.  

Thanks in advance to everyone!  

2 hours ago, Andy Crossett said:

Just got my new MSuperX.   Connected the battery (yellow connectors). 

Charged for about 12 hours.  Lights green..  Yet I only see about 40% charge.  

Was there more than one connection to do inside the unit?  Also when getting on the unit, it powers off just a few seconds after mount it.

Any suggestions helpful.  Looking forward to getting started.  

Thanks in advance to everyone!  

No, there's only one connector that should have been disconnected. There is a battery connector on the non-control board side of the wheel. I would open that side to see if it's attached.

If it isn't connected, DON"T connect it. You will need to first disconnect the battery pack that you just fully charged, then connect the non-control board side battery and charge the wheel again.

You want both battery packs to have the same charge (voltage level) before connecting them together.

If you have a voltage meter, I would check the voltage from both disconnected battery packs to assure that they are the same voltage.

If you have any doubts about the procedure, maybe contact EWheels first and let them directly help you. Unbalanced battery packs have the potential to go Ka-Boom if connected together.

I would think that only one battery pack should be sufficient to power the wheel, but I'm not positive about that. So first I would confirm that both battery pack are fully charged and connected before addressing the power-off problem.

1 hour ago, Andy Crossett said:

Thanks so much, Marty!  I figured it out.   I did not fully connect the yellow connectors.  Pushed harder and they locked in place.

Now have full charge and all is good!  

Always nice when it's a simple fix. Nobody likes to receive a new wheel that has problems.

Hope you enjoy your new wheel :thumbup:

Archived