Msuper X Tyre on an MSuper?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Anyone tried Msuper X Tyre on an MSuper?  (18x3 rather than 18.2.5)

I'd also like to get my hands on the V style footplates - struggling to find a stockist though.

The tire will never fit - the MSX shell opening for the tire is wider. Also, the MSX tire is a larger diameter.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The tire will never fit - the MSX shell opening for the tire is wider. Also, the MSX tire is a larger diameter.

Can you imagine Marty If gotway took requests and made an ACM (Same shell just larger); the same size as the msuper x with the same tire? With new updated motherboard ????the mind boogles?

6 hours ago, Scully said:

I'd also like to get my hands on the V style footplates - struggling to find a stockist though.

Cut two 5x5cm pieces from a 0.5mm thick steel plate and stick them between the pedal and the pedal bracket. That would get you the same V feel.

And if you really want the MSX experience in full, be sure to remove all previous side pads and install a sharp edge of plastic railing at the top of the shell to dig into your leg... It’s just not the same without!

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Most likely the pedals are going to be the same. The X's pedal brackets must be responsible for the steeper angle.

There is a thread on here of people filing down the inside of the pedal, so I assume the MSX has a slightly thicker base plate

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Cheers - that saves me trying one. 

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Cut two 5x5cm pieces from a 0.5mm thick steel plate and stick them between the pedal and the pedal bracket. That would get you the same V feel.

I'm not sure I'd be able to get it accurate / stable enough. 

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I'm not sure I'd be able to get it accurate / stable enough. 

Oh, it doesn’t require accuracy at all. Any 0.5-0.75 mm thick plate will do, cut a rectangle 4-5cm per side, and just stick it in the slot between the pedal and the bracket. Your weight will make it stable when you stand on the pedals.

I understand if doing something like this can be scary if you’re not naturally a tinkerer, but no need to put it off for wrong reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 1:47 AM, Vikas said:

Can you imagine Marty If gotway took requests and made an ACM (Same shell just larger); the same size as the msuper x with the same tire? With new updated motherboard ????the mind boogles?

The good part about the acm is the size... then it wpuld just be an msuper x... They will likely releaae a new acm3 with the same bord

Archived