New KS18L says beep beep

MrAkse

Hi,

Just received my new KS18L from electricunicycle.eu today 

When I turn it on it goes beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep all the time. Tried to ride the wheel across the kitchenfloor and the wheel goes beepbeepbeepbeepbeep (the intensity increases as the speed increases).

Is it something special I have to do to make it stop beep? I've charged it to 60% and updated to the newest 1.09 firmware.

I already own a KS16 and can't remember any beeping from that when I started it for the first time.

Please help, I desperate to go wheeling as soon as possible.

Regards,

Michael

1 hour ago, MrAkse said:

Hi,

When I turn it on it goes beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep all the time. Tried to ride the wheel across the kitchenfloor and the wheel goes beepbeepbeepbeepbeep (the intensity increases as the speed increases).

Is it something special I have to do to make it stop beep? I've charged it to 60% and updated to the newest 1.09 firmware.

I already own a KS16 and can't remember any beeping from that when I started it for the first time.

Regards,

Michael

I'm quite sure you already checked the following, but....

Is the battery empty? Or are the alarms set at 1 km/h?

Also check the tire pressure...

1 hour ago, MrAkse said:

Hi,

Regards,

Michael

The only Thing i know when a KS Wheel is beeping all the time is when in the KS app the Setting for "LOCK Wheel" is ON...

Then it Beeps as a Kind of Alarm when it is moved! Check your app Settings and "Unlock"!

When it is not that Problem you Need to contact electricunicycle.eu to reset the Firmware!

I think to recall a triangle warning label attached to trolley handle to remember to unlock wheel before riding it.

48 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I think to recall a triangle warning label attached to trolley handle to remember to unlock wheel before riding it.

You are absolutely right about that. I don't know how I missed that. Not more than 3 months ago I took delivery of a KS16 and had no problem following the instruction. I blame the KS18L for making me act as a 6 year old boy on Christmas.

-Michael

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Really???

That is unknown to me ....learning every day! Unfortunately i did not have the Fun to unbox a 18L myself :-)

7 hours ago, MrAkse said:

Well, it's not triangle. It is a sticker on the top right next to the trolley handle where the triangle QC note is attached. 

20180808_015632.jpg

That's new ! I'm almost sure this sticker was not there on the first batch !

I understand that King song is now shipping all wheels "locked" to prevent any accidental power-on. But I also know that at the time this change was made, a few wheels may have slipped out locked but without the sticker.

Going forward, this can only be a good thing to prevent any shipping triggered issues.

I wonder why no one designs in an a tubular pin tumbler lock on these EUCs.  Motorcycles and mopeds have keys, right?  Why not a master power key?  Turn on master key power, remove key, then use the momentary push button for all on/off needs.  Want to ship, store, or lock it somewhere?  Grab key and deactivate the master cut off.

691_F760_E-_AF10-4287-_A716-_B8339047919

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder why no one designs in an a tubular pin tumbler lock on these EUCs.  Motorcycles and mopeds have keys, right?  Why not a master power key?  Turn on master key power, remove key, then use the momentary push button for all on/off needs.  Want to ship, store, or lock it somewhere?  Grab key and deactivate the master cut off.

aaah! that would be just to logical?

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I managed to add one on my solowheel S300 loooong time ago ;-)

10 hours ago, cbgti said:

I'm not sure that this one lets pass 30A without any damage...

The main current does not flow through the on/off-switch, the mainboard is always powered when the batteries are connected, the momentary switch just gives a signal to the mainboard, and the logic to turn the wheel on/off is there (for example, it won't let you turn off if the wheel is moving, that would be pretty bad). The switches would be huge if they'd have to withstand the entire current.

Archived