Dual Motor e-Scooter

Frankman

Hello there,

time ago I bought a Speedway III scooter. It had a good power but clearly not sufficient for my needs, infact I burned out the motor twice (the city I live in has many and long steep inclines). No doubt that the dual motor scooters are the most powerfull and the most suitable specially for climbing uphills. So I decided to modify the scooter providing a second motor for the front wheel.  To be sure to have the greatest possible torque,  I installed two  identical geared motors. Each motor has its own controller and only one LCD panel with throttle is used to drive both  controllers. The connections were made like those in other dual motor scooters (see the attached wiring scheme I found online). Now the scooter has a terrible torque and can easily climb any uphill. On the other hand  It has now a maximum speed of about 25/30 kmh but that is good for me (before was 40/45 kmh with a lower torque). I have only one doubt: the dual motor scooter controllers are actually the same? Why  many spare part resellers  make a difference between them?  They sell,  for the same scooter,  a front wheel controller and rear wheel controller as replacement part. Is there any  difference? Can anybody help me to answer this question?

825420441_dualmotorscheme.thumb.jpg.01499700306f57f4732133eb4521fd07.jpg

DSC02004.thumb.JPG.2fad271d6c81f34b4589d543ff83bfe4.JPG
DSC02011.thumb.JPG.d5edc913cea5ce35e90253cb69cf2d46.JPG

• 4 months later...

Hello @Muhd Daipi , I have not connected the ECO/TURBO wires. So the scooter is always in turbo mode and the maximum speed is about 25 Km/h. The motors are geared type so the torque is very high but the speed is lower. However this modification is very good for the steep inclines of my city and, on the other hand, the scooter has gained a lot of kilometers of range more, because of the reduced current drain of the two geared motors.

Archived