What is the smallest EUC?

Esper

I'm searching for a coworker that would travel about 2-5 miles a day. Speed would need to be at a minimum of 10 mph. About the speed of a jog/run. Small enough to fit in a bag. Price range would be under $600 usd.

I'm inclined to think Luffy would be a good bet. If not, maybe the Mten3 but it is out of budget. I saw the M8 on the Gotway website. Is that still in production? Did it die off in favor of larger wheels? I was looking at the IPS a130 Turbo, which is in the right price range, but it is a 12 inch wheel.

I'm looking for something in these ranges.
Range: 5 miles or more
Speed: 10 - 15 mph.
Cost: 400-600 USD
Size: Must be small enough to fit into a bag and light enough to carry for over a mile on your back comfortably. 

Will consider used if it is an option. But only from members on here.

Have you looked at the IPS i5? Apparently it’s thin/lightweight enough to fit in a large backpack even though it’s a 14” wheel. It’s $650 though, so if price is a big issue then the Luffy might be better despite its lower specs. Although, I would be interested to see what others on here recommend. 

IPS i5 should be the most carryable. Also consider the mten3 (I'd strongly prefer that over the Luffy) and MCM5.

Technically, the Inmotion and Segway Hovershoes are the smallest EUCs, and you get two in a pack:efee8319ab:

There were some rumors about a new m5 (Gotway 8 incher) recently but not sure if it's real.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

IPS i5 should be the most carryable. Also consider the mten3 (I'd strongly prefer that over the Luffy) and MCM5.

Technically, the Inmotion and Segway Hovershoes are the smallest EUCs, and you get two in a pack:efee8319ab:

There were some rumors about a new m5 (Gotway 8 incher) recently but not sure if it's real.

I too recommended the Mten3 but it is $945 and out of the price range.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thread title is pretty non-specific but here goes... Gotway M5!

My pothole would have swallowed that wheel. No thanks!    :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esper said:

:cry2:  Can I build it myself ?

Anything is possible. If want something smaller than the Mten3 just buy a GW Luffy. Still a 10” wheel but very lightweight. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292516482538

42157251430_82052d77a3_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

I think a woman would like the IPS i5 since it's thin, light, and stylish.  The Mten3 looks to be a good choice, but it might be too heavy to lug around comfortably.  Luffy might be okay.  The Gotway M5 was a neat concept project, but it never did go into mass production.  I think it did end up spawning a similar two wheeled ride from Solowheel.  If you're handy, you might be able to take a hoverboard motor, somehow mount a support on the other side, create a U shaped top connector, add pedals, a control board, and maybe stash some batteries somewhere to get a similar ride, but it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble unless you really wanted to try it?  When you think about it, a hoverboard is basically two EUC's joined by a pivot point.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If you're handy, you might be able to take a hoverboard motor, somehow mount a support on the other side, create a U shaped top connector, add pedals, a control board, and maybe stash some batteries somewhere to get a similar ride,

Ok Macgyver. Let’s see this contraption. :cheers: I’ll even donate the U shaped top connector.:confused1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Some people are crazy handy like Rehab1.  We're veering off topic here, but check out these videos:

Interestingly I just stopped to talk to an 18 yr old kid riding an Ebike he built from scratch (everything but motor and controller). Impressive!  I then whipped out my MCM5 and his jaw dropped. Typical question and answer session. The only difference was he built his machine and the Chinese built mine. :smartass: guy.

• Like 2

Gotway M5

The M5 is considered to be the lightest and most portable Unicycle in the world at the moment.

- 5 inch wheel (tubeless tire)

- Weight 4.7 kg 
- Maximum speed 15 km / h  

** This model can go up to 18 km / h, but because of the small wheel running it over 15 km / h is not safe.

- Travels 15-20 km per single charge. 
- Handles 15-25 degree hills. 
- Supports weight of up to 100 kg. 
- Motor power 350 W  (geared motor). There will be a little noise while running. 
- Capacity Battery WH 160 (Panasonic) 
- Takes 60 minutes to charge 

i3.jpg

Edited by Thai-lad
  • Like 1

Just get 2× pieces of plywood (6"×15") and one pair of them new e-skates (Inmotion or Segway). Add a bit of super-glue and you have not one, but two of the smallest EUC in the world!!!

@Rehab1 - over to you for the video - just send one to me for being the brains of this dynamic duo!

#Team"Hunk-arty"Aren'tEvenInOurLeague.

Jeez that super tiny EUC looks like an absolute blast!

If they could make that thing profitable and otherwise ready for market, but still somehow affordable, I bet they would sell an incredible amount of them.  Small enough to fit in a backpack, they would be hugely popular with kids!

On another note, would the average woman feel comfortable toting any EUC on her back, especially for a mile? And what if the EUC is wet or dirty?

The skinny EUC's definitely look like they have a shape and weight distribution better suited to carrying on your back.  I have a small e-bay EUC and it is blocky and full of corners.  I wouldn't want to carry that thing on my back.