Can I ride my Msuper until 1 light bar?

Donafello

Not a good idea. Charge it up before each ride is still the best advice with the supplied charger. You do the battery no favours by letting it get low. It's not good to keep it absolutely brimmed full all the time either but it does need to be fully charged and left connected with a green light for a while occasionally for the battery cells to balance.

Here's a bunch of information about how to prolong the battery life, why it wears even when not used and what can you do about it, not all of it is probably applicable due to practical reasons, but take your picks:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/bu_808b_what_causes_li_ion_to_die

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/bu_808c_what_the_user_can_do

No battery lasts forever, but there's a pretty big difference in the lifetime if you avoid the worst mistakes (very deep discharges, although the wheels never let you really truly deeply discharge the batteries, and longer storage at elevated temperature with too high charge).

I would imagine that at low speed the two would have very similar power usage although the extra windings in the high torque motor may cause slightly higher power use. Probably so marginal that it would be difficult to measure.

Donafello, how many miles does your msuper do on a single charge? You are 195lbs right? And whats your battery capacity? Thanks

Hi @Cloud, when you put the "@" sign in front of the name, eventually a drop list pops up and you can select the member to address from there. That way @Donafello is notified and will not miss your question :) 

Works 99% of the time and you may have to wait a couple of seconds for the list to appear.

Donafello, how many miles does your msuper do on a single charge? You are 195lbs right? And whats your battery capacity? Thanks

I don't really know.  I did about 10 miles the other day and only lost one bar.   I would assume 40 maybe a little more. 190

Hi @Cloud, when you put the "@" sign in front of the name, eventually a drop list pops up and you can select the member to address from there. That way @Donafello is notified and will not miss your question :) 

Works 99% of the time and you may have to wait a couple of seconds for the list to appear.

oh ok thank you, i didnt know that. I am still not sure how the quoting works here either. Sometimes it attaches the quotes i didnt mean to attach and i end up having to delete them i will try the @ sign

I don't really know.  I did about 10 miles the other day and only lost one bar.   I would assume 40 maybe a little more. 190

that is awesome @donafello. My kingsong 680 battery only does 20 miles total.  Of course i am 220 lbs.    strange

i just tried with the @ sign but didnt see the drop down list for some reason

Not a good idea. Charge it up before each ride is still the best advice with the supplied charger. You do the battery no favours by letting it get low. It's not good to keep it absolutely brimmed full all the time either but it does need to be fully charged and left connected with a green light for a while occasionally for the battery cells to balance.

Only time you might consider not charging it up fully is if you plan to start by riding downhill.  The regenerative braking will overcharge your batteries.

Archived