Can slime fix pinched inner tube?

EUCMania

Yesterday, I rode my GW MS3, and got tire become flat fast over a pothole. After the rim contacted the edge, I heard loud "sss...", and the tire was flat in a few seconds. So I guess the puncture is big. Today, I tried to open the case to reveal the tire for patching repair. But I could not do it because I am unable to remove 2 screws, one of them is in a deep hole connecting the two halves of the casing. Anyone has suggestions about how to deal with these pesky GW quality screws? I hate the GW's workmanship.

Another option is using Slime to fix the tire leak. But, the instruction on amazon page said "Slime sealants are designed to treat tread area punctures only and should not be used to repair sidewall punctures, snake bites,".. Any suggestions?

It looks like the tire is exposed enough that you could start at the bottom and as the tire is pried off, rotate the wheel until one side of the tire is off, then rotate the tire till the valve stem is at the bottom and remove the tube.  I don't think snakebite punctures can be reliably repaired, you should order a new tube from ewheels.

However, I did find this quick video that shows how to take off the one side for full access to the tire. 

7 minutes ago, steve454 said:

It looks like the tire is exposed enough that you could start at the bottom and as the tire is pried off, rotate the wheel until one side of the tire is off, then rotate the tire till the valve stem is at the bottom and remove the tube.  I don't think snakebite punctures can be reliably repaired, you should order a new tube from ewheels.

However, I did find this quick video that shows how to take off the one side for full access to the tire. 

I did followed that video to remove one side. But, one screw in those deep holes + another one connecting the half to the pedal arm cannot be removed.. I can saw off the one exposed, but what to do with that screw hiding inside the hole? I hate these GW screws. 

Did the screw heads strip so they won't turn?  You might be able to use a small easy out set.  If the screws turn, but won't come out, try prying the shell upwards against the screw while turning it.

This sucks, but someone will come up with something.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Did the screw heads strip so they won't turn?  You might be able to use a small easy out set.  If the screws turn, but won't come out, try prying the shell upwards against the screw while turning it.

This sucks, but someone will come up with something.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The screw on the pedal arm is half way out, then refuses to turn. I guess I can saw the screw head off. The one in the deep hole. I tried to turn it, it turns with some resistance, but it does not come out and the resistance is constant. Maybe there is no screw in it? or there is another screw I do not see?.. I do not know what to do. I will try to pry the shell. 

I used an air compressor to inflate the tire to hear where the leak is. But I hear the air in, and the tire is not inflating. Looks that the inner tue is byond patching repair. Now, I must open the shell to expose the whole tire. I hate GW now. 

Finally, I openned one side of the GW MSuper 3's casing. 2 screws are bad. 

What is more surprising is that the inner tube is much longer than the rim! All extra length part piles up near the valve!. No wonder I feel osculations at high speeds! OMG. unbelievable!

I found the snake bites. Each cut is about 3/4" long. Time to get a new inner tube?

I’d go for a new tube. Slime, Goop ’n the rest only work with holes smaller than 1/8”, and a cut that long might be a bit of a challenge to fix even with patches.

• 3 months later...

Archived